Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Murren to open lifts at Birg, but only for the brave

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
this, from the Schilthornbahn...

On demand of Mürren Tourism and the association of the Mürren Hotels, Schilthorn Cableway Ltd. is willing to operate the chairlifts of Muttleren and Kandahar as from next week. This would allow sports enthusiasts to ski or snowboard on some slopes of the upper ski resort of Mürren. Due to unpredictable weather forecast and in order to assure full safety on the slopes Schilthorn Cableway is not in a position to fix the date of reopening at the moment. The date will be announced as soon as possible.
Access to the upper ski resort of Mürren will only be possible on foot: starting from Allmendhubel to Höhenlücke and through Kanonenrohr to the Kandahar chairlift. People walking up need an appropriate equipment, good physical condition and they have to use the right side of the of the slope in order to avoid collision with skiers/snowboarder coming down. In any case, the effort will be recompensed with an almost untouched and uncrowded ski paradise. At the moment, Mürren tourism and Air Glacier are checking possibilities of using a helicopter for transportation to the upper skiresort.

helicopter for me every time Very Happy
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Good grief walking up the Kanonenrohr hasn't been done since the cable car came in in the late 1960's, thats one hell of an uphill climb Shocked If they are even considering using helicopters they must be really worried Shocked
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I think it could prove quite popular. It's just like the old days - hardy souls from the K hiking up, while the DHOers relax on the train doing the Telegraph crossword Razz
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
telford_mike, Funnily enough the Alpenrose does indeed get the Telegraph, sadly I'm not very good at crosswords so I won't be taking it on the train
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I saw someone walk up last year. He was near the top of the Schilthorn at the time, but said that he's walked up from Lauterbrunnen Shocked
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
More from the Schilthornbahn - they were actually serious about this! Lots of Snowheads in the area next week - so who's up for it eh???

The chairlift Muttleren and Kandahar will open on Saturday 29th January 2005:

Depending on the weather and avalanche situation, this skiing area will be reopened in addition to the skiing possibilities on the plateau of Mürren.

The access to the chairlift is at this moment only possible on foot from the Allmendhubel and the Kanonenrohr to the bottom station of the Kandahar chairlift.

The lifts will be running from 09:30 to 16:30, and the Schilthornhütte will also be open.

Please check the snowreport:

http://www.jungfrauwinter.ch/pages/english/PST/isp.php?page=PST_MS_pst&data=B1_W

The possibility to access the area by helicopter is not yet confirmed.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
telford_mike, Since your an upstanding member of the DHO, should you not be pilaried for suggesting such a Kandahar like thing as walking up Puzzled Evil or Very Mad Twisted Evil
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Mark v1.0 I am, and I probably will be. But just at the moment I don't care, because I am sitting at home surrounded by packed bags, skis (Jane's), easyJet booking details (including yours!), my Jungfrau Region season pass, and sufficient Swiss Francs for next week!

Wooooohoooooo!! Very Happy
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
telford_mike, Just thinking about escaping work! All ski gear out and read, but needs to be packed. No pass as yet, sort it out when I get there. Enought SFR for at least 3-4 days, hit the hole in the wall after that, what could possibly go wrong. snowHead
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Quote:

what could possibly go wrong

....things I hope we don't live to regret!
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
That is one step climb !!
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy