Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Can you hire skis near Geneva Airport (CH side)?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
We are scheduled to arrive next winter in Geneva at 5.20pm. Will be 6pm (earliest!) before we are fully out the other side.

By the time we get into resort (Crans Montana) ski hire shops will be closed.

It would be easier for us to find a hire store near GVA to get skis on arrival day as opposed to the next morning.

Is this possible to do? For example, there are mobile hire shops that come to you in Courcheval and other resorts so wondering if there is something like that in Geneva?

Last edited by Poster: A snowHead on Mon 15-05-17 14:45; edited 1 time in total
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I'd get them in resort, they open early enough. If you hire away from restore and you have an issue with the kit you're a bit stuck.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Quote:

if there is something like that in Geneva?

Never heard of that. In resort the next morning just means getting up a bit earlier...
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Never seen anything close to the airport or the roads close by. I can't help thinking it would be best to get your ski first thing in the resort. Some shops do stay open quite late on a transfer day though. A plus is also that you can change ill fitting boots etc in the resort.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
If you are driving from GVA you'll pass the St Legier Stockli which has high quality rental gear. It's open late on Fridays. Not sure about Saturday
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
There are plenty of great hire shops in Crans Montana that will be open at 8am the following morning. You could still easily be on the first lift.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
It's possible - there's a shop a very short walk from the main train station that does day, weekend, week, month or season rentals (Penseyres sports - http://www.ski-geneve.com/)

But it seems like unnecessary faff - I agree with everyone above, just pick them up next morning and head straight out on the slopes!
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
You'll probably get the skis in resort before the lifts start in the morning.
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
I see no benefit in getting rental equipment from a shop two hours away from where you will be based. If you have any issues at all with your equipment you will be in a right pickle and will no doubt end up forking out for another load of stuff in resort. I really think this is a case of trying to be too clever!
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
In our Swiss resort across the valley from Crans the hire shops open 07:30 am all through the week, and the lifts don't open until 08:45 anyway. If you go on-line you should get a discount in-resort by pre-ordering. Perhaps some Crans types can recommend hire shops that discount on pre-orders?
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy