Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

How has the skiing season been for you so far?

Poster: A snowHead
Its been quite good in my opinion but then again I've only been skiing for one week this last January, I'm off again at the end of this month, can't wait! Very Happy
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Richard, Excellent so far for me. Courchevel 1550 before christmas, fairly limited skiing available but what was open was fine and managed to get to Tignes for a day which was excellent. Superb week in Badgastein in Jan, very very underated resort in my opinion some excellent long reds and plenty of opportunity to get in the powder. Getting away on the 20th March, not sure where to yet but will find something in the next few days when we can confirm numbers and hope to finish off somewhere high after easter. Must take advantage of such a great year for snow! you never know what its going to be like next year.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Too short - only managed a long weekend so far Evil or Very Mad
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Come on Mark - get your act together the snow is fantastic at the moment!
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Saas Fee over New Year was excellent, particularly on New Year's day when the mountain was quiet and the weather was perfect. Still can't get over the Swiss version of New Year Very Happy
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
scraggsy wrote:

What in Cumbria ? Where's this great snow then ?
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
scraggsy, [Blatant plug Embarassed ] Get 8 people together and you can have an apartment in Bourg St Maurice for a week from March 20th at just £50 per snowHead Shocked
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Hi Richard - how are the Rhinos doing?
It's been a funny season so far. Early January I suffered strong winds, hail, sleet and rain at the top of Avoriaz/Champery. Never known such ghastly conditions: soaked right through and gloves took days to dry out. Then end of january had marvelous conditions in La Plagne. Lots of lovely new snow, and able to ski right down to the valley floor. The following week the sun came out and everyone was skiing in shorts and a t-short. Then recently it has been arctic with temperatures seldom climbing above -10C in many resorts.
I'm off to Courmayeur/Chamonix on Thursday. I'm ready for anything....
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
ise - would you beleive it, all these hills in cumbria and its about the only plase in the UK that has not seen any snow the last few days. There is a 600m tow out at Yad Moss near a little village called Alston which does see a bit of action from time to time.

PG, thanks for the offer, I think its going to be a max of 4. Will make a note for the future though, thanks
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Too little activity for me - one day's skiing at Cairngorm plus whatever I could bear to suffer at the 5m long dry slope (ok, slight exaggeration).

Courchevel in less than two weeks now though!!
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
6 different resorts (Kaprun, Sölden, Hochkar, Aflenz, Obergurgl and St Anton) but only just over 20 days this season so far, can't grumble though most of them have been powder days. snowHead

Last edited by snowHeads are a friendly bunch. on Mon 1-03-04 20:39; edited 1 time in total
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Good so far. Went to Tignes in December on a SCGB instruction holiday which was excellent (instruction given by the guys from Masterclass, Alp D). Fantastic snow, blue skies and empty pistes.

Zermatt in January was lovely (my first visit), but hard work as we skied in a blizzard for a week (the Matterhorn showed itself just for one morning - Wed). One lunchtime we tried to get out of a mountain restaurant only to have the door slammed back into us through sheer force of wind and snow. Challenging, yes. Fantastic depth of snow, yes - if you could see where you were going (had to invest in low light goggles). Nothing booked yet, but am pinning hopes on going back to Zermatt in a couple of weeks. Oh for some nice snow, blue sky and sun snowHead
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
one week in Tignes - at start of year fab weather but just before the big dump so a bit stoney, week in Sauze with fabulous day in Serre Chevalier and 12 days till Paradiski! oh and a cheeky pre season blast at x-scape - so kinda cool so far !
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Pretty good so far, with 8 days of near-perfect weather in Wengen, plus a few trips to Cas Vegas. But the season is about to kick off big style - tomorrow is my last day at work before 13 days skiing 9 different resorts from SLC Utah. Alta has had 51" in the last 4 days!!!
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
It's been a marvellous season so far with decent snow everywhere. This was probably caused by the snow gods being angered by reports in the Times pre-Christmas that low resorts like Kitzbuhel were doomed by global warming. I've just noticed that Kitz has extended its season into late Easter as they have snow to burn(???). In 2001 I skied for a week on a strip of ice at Bormio. We've been lucky. Enjoy and be glad.
snow report
Wonderful. 11 days so far (if you wonder about this, the main problem is always the same €€€€€€€€). Started on nov 29th and plan to end it not before april 30th (say may 1st).
snow conditions
Only Very Happy been to Alta, Snowbird & Jackson Hole so far this season, but two more days of skiing to come (at 24 different mountains in Austria)
snow conditions
1 week in Tignes so far (1/2 term) - mostly great weather except for the last day - soggy sahara snow and cloud. Only 4 weeks to Whistler! Cool
ski holidays
Cervinia for a long weekend (good introduction to the season), then same as WTFH (best ski holiday ever - only some of the best resorts and best instructors in the US) and just obtained domestic management permission for another week (YOO HOO) - may be Selva, Serre Chevalier or Les Deux Alpes, second half of March.
snow report
My only week so far was in Argentiere, 1st week in Feb - Wall to wall sun, skied Valle blanche, various glaciers and heli skiied at Courmeyer - all of which were opened for the first time this year. A great week, but snow could have been better.
snow conditions
Cedric, if you go to Selva, try and contact the mountain guides in Corvara/ Alta Badia (the valley just beyond the Gardena pass)...
They offer off piste heliskiing on the Sella group, the Val mezdi off piste descent (I rate it easy/average but spectacular) and many other off-piste possibilities.
Here a link where one can download pictures of the Val Mezdi' (Midday or Noon Valley)
www.holimites.com/home.php?setlan=en
and here one picture of the same place taken in 1994 (a couple of lives ago), the person in the pic is not me, obviously:
Entry to Val Mezdi'

Last edited by You'll need to Register first of course. on Tue 2-03-04 12:27; edited 3 times in total
ski holidays
Just six days pre Christmas in Tignes. Had to miss out a trip to Courcheval in early Jan due to work (yes they had 30cm fresh almost everyday. I still hear about it ) Sad
Got two days in Scotland, plus eight days in les Arcs to come though Very Happy
snow report
Great week in Crans Montana at the end of Jan.....fresh powder every day snowHead

Still looking for my second week Exclamation
snow report
Great couple of weeks in Colorado in January, snow wasn;t so good in the 1st week but dumped during the 2nd. Off to Cham on Saturday!! Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
snow conditions
Skied 27 days at Mt Baker so far this season. Early season was fantastic, opened mid November with 60 inch base, cold dry snow, lots of powder. This lasted until the second week of January when it warmed and rained. Since then a mixed bag, from great days to mediocre. The last week we had good spring-like conditions but a new storm cycle is coming. A good amount of new snow expected for the rest of the week. I think I'm coming down with something, I'd like to call in sick and hit Whistler Thursday. We'll see.
When Baker closes the end of April my season will go on at Whistler. It's usually good there into May, lifts close in June. After that I'll hit Timberline at Mt Hood in Oregon (6hr drive) in June and July. Sometime or other I'll have to mow my lawn.
latest report
Marvellous for me so far, hopefully about to get better.
1 week in Val d'Isere just before christmas with interesting conditions, 2 weeks in Val in January, the 1st week spent in a whiteout blizzard (2m of snow, lift ticket refunds), the second a week of powder days, two dodgy ones but the rest blue skies.
This Sunday, I'm off to St Anton, where they're having they're best conditions in a long while, some friends have just come back, said it was the best skiing they've ever had, so can't wait. Come back from St Anton for a week, then I've got another week off booked, so will probably go skiing again.
Five weeks skiing in one season, Woo Hoo! Very Happy
snow conditions
Had 1 week in Alpe D. Was OK, but rained for a day. Was hoping for a cheap week, but finances may not streach. Off to see my old Uni mates in Aberdeen in 18th. Hoping the Lecht still has snow cover by then as I wouldn't mind a wee day trip just to quench my thirst. Fingers crossed
snow report
Two hours in Milton Keynes before Christmas at the Meribel pre-season party - good fun.

A week in January at Val d'Isere: excellent snow and sunny four days.

A week in February at Courchevel: sunny every day, cold, perfect snow.

Confined to barracks for the rest of te winter.
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Spare a thought for me, you lot. Was supposed to be going to La Plagne a week tomorrow, but it's had to be cancelled. Very likely the only chance I'll have this season too. Woe is me! Sad
ski holidays
Bad luck Lollie - cancelled because of you or work? Whichever, it's bad!
snow report
scraggsy wrote:

you're right, I'm going to book another trip in the next coupl of days - have to be a weekend for one though Crying or Very sad
snow conditions
Bad ski season for me, just the one week in Saalbach/Hinterglemm. That's family planning for you. (Had to cancel a trip to Winter Park as it coincides with the expected time of arrival, first week of April) Plan to make up for it next year, providing of course that the Grandparents of the forthcoming arrival are able to do the necessary baby sitting duties, and/or I can find a resort with child care facilities (or warm lockers!!!)

Any info would be welcome.
snow conditions
Masopa, not really me or work. I look after my sis (she's DS), and complications with arrangements for her care while I was away put the spanner in the works.

Am clinging onto the teeny little hope that there might be a good weekend in Scotland waiting for me though. Fingers crossed!
latest report
Lollie, that's a shame Lollie. Fingers crossed for both of us in terms of snow up here - if you can go last minute then you should be able to find one weekend with decent snow. Just depends on now nice your boss is (and whether you can organise last minute care for your sister).
snow report
It's been good so far. Had a long wait to get off for a week at La Plagne, then back for 5 days before hitting Chamonix for 7 days skiing. All excellent, but I think that will be it for the season Sad unless we get some good conditions in Scotland and they match up with the days I can get off. Smile
ski holidays
Good so far, 3 weeks in Lake Louise and 3 weeks to go for a week in Italy! yay!
latest report
Good here too - 8days in Les Arcs and a week in Davos, with a final week to come in April. Would go now, but the work people won't let me - something to do with it not being a school holiday and thus all the kids will need their teacher, apparently.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy