Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Bacqueira Beret

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Just returned from a trip to this resort in the Spanish pyrenees and was really impressed. Good range of skiing on some challenging slopes (for my 'timid' intermediate status!).

Snow was execellently maintained and at the beginning of the week was brilliant but was suffering from warm temperatures by the end of the week. However seeing as it hasn't snowed there this year they have maintained it very well. 6 days of blue sky skiing made the whole experience even more pleasurable.

The slopes were deserted most of the week- no queuing at all except on Saturday when there was a massive influx of weekend skiers, but this still amounted to the quantity of skiers you would find at low times in other resorts.

We stayed at the TUC BLANC hotel directly opposite main lift. It was very comfortable but the food was hopeless for veggies (generally a spanish thing I think!) The cost of the lift pass is included in the price of the hotel.

The transfers are 2 hours from Toulouse airport. It seemed a straightforward enough drive but we booked a taxi which took 7 people and cost 370 euro return.

Excellent equipment from the Intersport shop just up from the hotel. They have a guy who is great at sorting out boot problems!!!

Didn't have tuition as was on a private coaching week (with 'BOBSKI'- check out website-EXCELLENT!!!!!!!!) but I think you may encounter problems as very few people speak English- mainly Spanish or French.

Overall a very underrated resort IMHO- If you want to get away from the brits this is the place- heard only two other people speaking english all week. The residents are very friendly and are proud of being Catalan first and Spanish second. Virtually everyone friendly and polite and helpful- no pushing for lifts and generally respectful and considerate skiers ie- people will readily help if you fall over- pretty good for me!!!

Only one tour company - ski Miquel?? use the resort but I would say it was pretty easy to DIY.
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Sounds like you had a good time. We went there for Xmas 2000 with Ski Miquel and had a great time despite the poor snow cover. It's definitely somewhere to return for me
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
We were there over christmas and new year 2003/4. Even in the holidays, the queues were ok and always manged to find good quiet skiing somewhere. Snow conditions were excellent and as Helena, said, they look after the runs well. With the rest of europe struggling for snow this season, you would have thought a ski area with over 100cm at its lowest point would be busier!
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
I went there idependently 6 or 7 years ago and also stayed in the Tuc Blanc but I'm not veggie wink . I was also impressed with the resort. The king of Spain feels the same way about it, he left when we arrive and came back just after we left, but I didn't take it personally. On the subject of Catalans it is not a mistake that their symbol is a donkey!! Toofy Grin (BTW I have lived here for 29 years)
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy