Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Swedish resort weekending

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Got a work trip to Stockholm that ends on Friday 24th April. As I will be in a colder place than here, I naturally think about getting a weekend on the board.

I've looked at the sites of some of the Resorts, Tarnaby, etc and there seem to be quite a few overnight buslines to them. A good use of time and cheap!

Does anyone have an experience of them? Which resorts are in striking range of Stochholm

(Tried the airline that flies to Tarnaby via Hemavan but its sold out that weekend.

Cheers
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
We did this a few years ago to Are (with little 'o' over A!). Went on the train though. Not an insignificant journey... it was a good 6-7 hours, but we got cheap first class tickets so that was ok. Economy class was stuffed with gorgeous Swedish ladies so there was no shortage of volunteers to do the beer run to the bar! On the way back we got the sleeper and arrived back in Stockholm at about 6am... bleurgh.

Are was great. Not too pricey in the bars, decent lift system and good varied piste. Can thoroughly recommend.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Klappen is about 2-3 hours from Stockholm. I've not been there myself but a work colleague has a place there and i investigated going there for a week but it never came off. The place looks really good and hope to go in the future. Have fun if you go!

Oh by the way, the website is: http://www.klappen.se/ when i contacted them last year they said they would have an english version this year but i can't find it. THe e-mail address is at the bottom and i got very quick responses from them! snowHead
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Ta for the feedback. It all might be possible

The 'international resorts' like Are seem to be that 7-10 hours drive away!

I typed "skibus Stockholm" into Google and got Kungsbergerts! 2.5 hours away. My fear is that it may have melted by late April.....

Dan, I did short weekend to the Vosges resort of LA Bresse last weekend. As you in the South East you might be interested in knowing about it. It's a great little place. 6 hours from Calais on easy motorway and A road.
http://www.snowgo.com/ for my friends write up of it.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
SussexSnow, cool thanks for that................can't do anymore this year but next year it'll definately be a good option, especially with working shifts i'll be able to go during the week if the snow is good without the loss of any holiday Very Happy ! Was it easy enough to find somewhere to kip for a couple of days........did you kip in the car the saturday morning? What's this 6am sliding your mate talks about?
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
We stayed at the two star Hotel Ibis, a chain, so booking is easy online. 65 Euros a night. Good for a midnight check-in. There are some other local hotels, chalets etc so not too difficult to find something. There are also a lot of camper vans in the car park!

We got there at 2am and were on slope for 11am, so a bit lazy. Could have done it better. However, the dawn skiing is the business. I got up at 5.45am, had breakfast at the hotel and drove up and was on theslopes for 6.30am. It is pitch black dark but the sodium lights work well. I wore my wrapround shades to keep the wind out and could see fine. There was a long poma and a fourpack lift open each servicing a run. It had been all groomed so the crisp corduroy was all mine. On my lift we had a dozen people, two fast skiers, and a beginner-intermediate group of four. two intermediate boarders and four beginners. As the run is over a klick long you basically get it to your self. So it was nice carving down the steep bits that during the day are glue for the nervous beginner stuck in the middle or stacked up the side of the piste. I used the yoyoing to work on turn technique. There was some hard pack/ice under the grooming which you could find if carved hard. So my challenge was getting across the 'ice' Plenty of room to experiment with edging and for sliding off out of control. I really enjoyed the chance to risk riding really fast.

Oh, and you get a free coffee and Croissant

What's interesting is that the Stockholm resorts look similar 200-300m vetical longest runs a klick or two. You can have fun in these resorts
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy