Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

School ski holidays

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I know we had a thread on this ages ago....but I can't find it Embarassed

Have any snowHeads been on school trips as an adult? If so, is there any advice that you can give as to what to look out for.....cunning schemes to get the little blighters to behave etc etc.

I have the joy of accompanying a school trip at half-term, and would appreciate some helpful pointers from those experienced in such matters.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Kids generally do stupid things when they're bored. Distraction can be a more positive force than discipline. Kids are open to doing deals, and if there's a reasonable open trade, they will be great company.

Up in Scotland, where I was involved in teaching kids to ski, we basically did exciting things with them until they crashed out. Essentially they know that vandalism, drunkenness and general deliquency come from empty lives.

Take them on a long quest to investigate the glacier flea

Last edited by Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person on Fri 21-01-05 12:15; edited 1 time in total
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Freshly sharpened ski sticks possibly ? wink
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
I can remember a time when skiing with school in 1988 aged about 14 in a tiny resort (one 1 man chairlift, 1 button lift and a T-bar) called Lana in the Italian Tyrol. We'd all been down to the local off-licence which was situated halfway up the hill near to where the hotel was at the top of a cable car and filled our boots with beer, schnapps and whatever we could get our hands on that contained alcohol. The lady shopkeeper was more than happy to supply us as it must have been obvious to her that we were purchasing said booze to take home as souvenirs! rolling eyes

After a day out skiing, all the schools parties on the trip were assembled together and informed that unbeknownst to us the teachers had searched our rooms and found out where all our booze was hidden. If we returned it that evening as part of an amnesty, no more would be said and parents would not be informed, we would not be sent home etc.

Whilst most dutifully gave in their alcohol, we had kept ours in a locked suitcase and so were confident that it had not been discovered. Whether or not the teachers had actually performed the search I'll never know, but their gamble worked and they must have had one hell of a party at the expense of us youngsters.

We still had our party with the undiscovered booze and were even congratulated by our teacher for being the only school not to have had any pupils hand in alcohol. Twisted Evil Little Angel Twisted Evil
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Quote:

congratulated by our teacher for being the only school not to have had any pupils hand in alcohol.

Congratulated for the sense to lock it up should there be a search or was he under the illusion you would never try to buy booze being underage and on holiday? wink
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
'er indoors, a teacher, went with her school last year - 25 8/9/10 year olds. She said that they were all very well behaved, mostly knackered in the evenings, and occupied in ski school during the day. The biggest problems lay with the parents that came. As only some of the children had their parents with them, the parents were told that they were not to take it for granted that they (the parents) had responsibility for them, and they weren't to take the children off on special trips (day time or evening) without agreeing with the school first. There was also some issue about how pocket money would be issued; I think it was that parents were asked not to keep topping up the pocket money of the kids to see that all the kids were treated fairly.

The head asked me if I'd go, but I declined when I found out that we had to bring 25 kids back. Come to think of it, we had to bring the same lot back, too.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy