Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Oakley Wisdom Blue Iridium

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I am looking to buy the above. Any comments and where is the cheapest place too buy ?
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Probably eBay.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=90882&item=7129144129&rd=1&ssPageName=WDVW

Does not set my warning bells ringing, but of course use your judgement.

I am not the seller, nor a customer of same.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I'll wade in here then - wink

Lots of people will be.. rather unpleasent to Oakleys as they are "overpriced, bought just for the tag" and so-on - I love my oakleys, and thats pretty much the be all and end all. They arn't the cheapest Goggle by a long shot, but sometimes only oakleys will do! ;o)

anyways.. comments...

1) If you wear a helmet make sure you take it when you get your goggles - you may be lucky and have them fit as is (as I am with my Uvex lid), you may have to buy the alternate helmet headband (extra £15 I think) or Wisdoms might just be plain unsuitable unless you buy another helmet. This may sound like a drag - but I would expect that any other goggle would be the same in the sense that some fit, some don't.

2) Why Blue iridiums? I can appriciate that you may just like the colour - but they're not sunglasses, they're for skiing/boarding in! How they work is more important. I can't say how your eyes are, you have to make that judgement, but don't just write off the VR, black or fire iridiums before you've actually stood outside in bright light with them on - remember a bluebird day is going to be even brighter. I have a pair of persimmon and a pair of black iridiums, and for me, they cover all weather possibilities.

3) Cheapest place to buy... well here you fall into the thing I do hate about oakleys - the dictatorship pricing - I was lucky and picked my Persimmons up at a discount - but be ready to pay the "standard" price of £109 for them (standard frame combination Iridium lenses). You may be willing to risk looking on Ebay - but be warned - there are an aweful lot of fakes around.

4) (nearly forgot!) Wisdoms are quiet "small", if you have a larger face, you might have to have a look at some other goggles.

The hard cases for them btw are £30.... I know thats a lot - but they're soo preeettttyyy... and their marketing has no effect on me at all.. *ahem* Laughing

HTH
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
IanB, I have 3 of the aluminium "vaults" for Oakley glasses!

Dogz111, I think this one is a far better lens - the Fire Iridium can cope better in low light...
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=90882&item=7128871579&rd=1
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
just bought silver framed fire iridium wisdoms on eBay from the states for £40 ish less that UK price. Delivered in 3 days in perfect nick. can't be bad to that.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Would echo other peoples questions about blue iridium. My ex boyf had this colour lens on some oakley sunglasses and they were crap in the snow - didn't work well in bright sun, didn't work in low light - the only time they worked was while posing! Looked fantastic - but he ended up only using them for beach/UK holidays and bought a different pair for the snow...
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
mountain mad, I have the blue iridium in a pair of juliets, which I use on the water (mainly jetskiing). They are way too dark for the snow!
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
IanB, Agree that the VR lens is a good all rounder but also to be considered are the High Intensity lenses.

Oakleys 'dictatorship pricing' is because they are trying to establish a network of knowledgable dealers who will support the brand and offer sensible advice to customers. Box shifter discounters who simply sell cheap tend to not have the overheads of the legit dealers and would not be granted an Oakley dealership (certainly not in the UK). Authorised dealers will normally have premises before thay are granted permission to sell on-line. Therefore the rigid pricing is down to the dealer trying to make a living and not due to any form of price maintenance which I'm sure you know is illegal.

I disagree that Wisdoms are small, I find them quite large for lots of people particularly women, Oakley have released the XS O Frame goggle this season specifically for the smaller faced skier.

I totally agree that in the main Oakley produce great product well marketed but not to everyones taste or pocket, you can spot the fakes which are myriad a mile off. Collecting some trick new Ferrari Special Edition Wisdoms on Saturday to add to my stupidly huge collection!.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Ferrari?? Haven't seen those - but my local Premium Dealer has some Ducatti ones he was trying to offload onto me! but the red really isn't my colour. wink. I appricate that about women - I kinda (wrongly...) assumed that Dogz was male..

Just so everyone knows - Blue iriduim oakly goggles are NOT the same as blue iridum lenses in sunglasses. All of the iridium lenses to my knowledge (my blacks, and blues anyhow), use a persimmon lense as a base - rather than a black lens as in the sunglasses - my main point was that the colour balance between the different lenses can vary - and what is right for one persons eyes obviously isn't going to be right with everyone.

Aluminum vaults? Shock I haven't seen those for wisdoms.. the case I have is one of their normal soft vaults. Sad but then again - I think I'd prefer to land on a soft vault than an alu one!!

I know I should take myself away for a chat about being a geek.. but I can't help it.. Blush
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Got my Von Zippers at TK MAX for £20...more than happy, but then I don't have a great track record when it comes to sunglasses/goggles. in the last year I have bust one dive mask, one pair prescription sunglasses & one pair standard prescription glasses; that last pair flew out of the window of the car via a quick slide along the dash when cornering on an all motorway roundabout junction.... Shocked
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Well, I've just bought a pair of wisdom silver with Fire Iridium lenses. They are great !!!
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy