Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Ripped off by EB

Poster: A snowHead
Hi,

I went into EllisBrigham on the weekend and on the good advice of the sales person, bought some Head ic 160's for £350. I haven't got them yet because im waiting for them to come into stock.

Ive now found out that snow+rock sell the next one up the ic170's for the same price! and looking on the internet, most shops sell the ones I got for £300.

Remembering that I havent acutally recieved the goods yet, what rights do I have to ask for a refund? or maybe negotiate a reduction in price?

Also does anybody know what the differences are between the 160's and 170's??

Cheers.
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
freebie, I don't know about your rights but I'd go back to EB, speak to the manager and see what they'll do. At the very least, as you haven't got the goods you must (presumably) be able to cancel the contract. Personally I'd sooner deal with EB than S&R, I've always found EB to give better service than S&R. Got to be worth a go, you might try to email EB's HO that'll probably get a reaction. Good luck.

Last edited by Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person on Sat 15-01-05 19:13; edited 1 time in total
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I should think they'd match a competitor's price, especially as you've not received the goods yet. Check the trading terms in their catalogue, which might provide for a cash refund on goods returned in perfect condition - and certainly a refund if you've not received the goods. You may be assured a refund under consumer law because you've paid in advance - I'm not sure.

It's important to point out the situation before the bindings are mounted, but hopefully they'd be interested in your goodwill by looking after your interests.

They're not really ripping you off by pitching a price higher than someone else - it's down to us to shop around.

Let us know how you get on.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Not by experience but the Head iC 160 is reviewed in Fallline Dec 2004 mag for 2005 skis.

It says that the target skier is 3-5 with 6 being the highest so an advanced ski. It gives the price at £350.
It calls it a classic beyond its price and hard to beat for value and performance, good on ice.

No mentin of the iC 170 at all

I would have thought you could get your money back if you give a reasonable excuse but don't know the legalities, sorry
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
heres the links incase anyones interested:

http://www.ellis-brigham.com/cgi-bin/psProdDet.cgi/700319||@cSkis@bHead|0|user||8|

http://www.snowandrock.com/shop/activity/ski/equipment/skis/products/EH5HZ.htm
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
I would try and trade up to the iC 170 for the same money....
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
I have a feeling that the iC 170 may be a snow and rock special, I know they've done similar things in the past and obtained individual designs for their stores, the fact that the iC 170 does not show on the Head website makes me think they've done it again
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
EB takes the proverbial on prices for a lot of stuff. I bought a Sportube there today - £5 more than S&R, though I was passing EB on my way out of the Snowdome.
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
D G Orf,
Agree with this as even their web blurd says 'exclusive' to EB.

In that respect I would be tempted to get the price reduced to £300:00 but the iC 160 is this years ski...!!!
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
http://intersport-areches.com/rub13_fr_2.html
Head iC 170 for €399.95

As for the other pricing issue, I was talking to the EB guys earlier in the season. They produce the catalogue in the summer. That is their price list. After it comes out, their competitors can undercut, or do what they want. EB (and S&R) stick to the prices in the catalogue, cause otherwise their catalogues are worthless.
As was said above, I'd sooner shop at EB than S&R, from experience I'm more likely to get a skier giving good advice at EB.
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
But if you want the iC160, and to save money....
http://www.princetonski.com/browse.cfm/4,4195,1043.htm
$319.95 is about £165
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
So, are the 160's and 170's exactly the same? Just that S+R have redesigned them and named them differently??

Wear The Fox Hat wrote:
But if you want the iC160, and to save money....
http://www.princetonski.com/browse.cfm/4,4195,1043.htm
$319.95 is about £165

Mr Fox Hat - Thats without bindings right??
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
freebie, no they are probably slightly different specs not just re badged
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Yeah, that's ex bindings.
I'll try to find out more about the 170s - I can't get a detailed spec on them tonight.
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
freebie,

The review of the 160 is very good so I would be tempted to stick with that ski and try and get the price adjustment.
Since it seems to be a special nobody can vouch for it.

Can't tell by the web sites what the spec' is. athough the lenghts are the same but the 170 comes in a 156 which isn't listed with the 160.

Maybe slightly tweaked, who knows.

But if you are happy with the 160 spec, keep the ski and try and haggle the price down.
I wouldn't call it a rip-off as such. There are charging top dollar for a current ski IMO.
snow report
Here's another 160 on offer, but only for the next few hours...
http://cgi.ebay.de/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=5154186241

OK, a bit of info on the 170s.
From what I can gather, they are from last season. (certainly S&R were selling the iC170 last year for £339 inc bindings)
S&R placed a bulk order for them, and they didn't sell well.
Because S&R are the only UK shop carrying them, then they can sell them this year as well, without the competition making much of a fuss.

I'll try to confirm this early next week (may take a while as I'm in Germany on Monday/Tuesday)
snow conditions
Had a quick scout around and can't see anything about the 170.
The 160 seems to be the same ski as last years with just a graphics change.
ski holidays
I've got a pair of iC170s - they are indeed last years ski, with Tyrolia SL11 bindings; I was under the impression that they retailed for around £370 last year, and from the reaction of the girl in my local snow sports store, they're quiet nice skis! I paid £250 for mine in September.

HTH
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy