Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Where to ski in Mar

Poster: A snowHead
Anyone know where is a good place to ski (with good fresh snow, of course) in Mar. I have been searching the web but is getting information overload and confused Puzzled . So far I have narrowed my options to Tignes, Val T and Meribel but still do not know which is better. As it is late in the season I am afraid that there will be little snow left...

I am planning a ski trip for my family and two kids (who can ski on blue slopes) so really look forward to some advice from the experts in this forum!
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
keong, welcome to snowheads, March is not late in the season in La Rosiere, our lits are running until the 1st May. Last year we skieed right down to the village on at least 60 cms of snow in the last week of April. Wew have found fresh pwder that week. See our ad in snowShops or got our website www.tracksvacations.com where you'll find the Ski Club of GB's historical snow records for La Rosiere, posted with their kind approval.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I always go skiing early - mid march and have always had plenty of snow!

Ive been to Alpe D'huez aswell as Pas and Arinsal in Andorra at that time of year and had a great time.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
keong, I was at Les Arcs last April and the snow was fine. Just across the valley is La Plagne, which is a Blue Heaven. I'd put that on your list. Welcome to SnowHeads too.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Not forgetting that, of course, Les Arcs and La Plagne are now "interconnected" even if it is a bit of a way between the two!

Can concur with the others. 90% of my holidays have been in March and there's always snow, even if it is getting a bit slushy at times. It's still good fun!
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
carled, The interconnection is a bit on the theoretical side late on. The Paradiski link is rather low at around 1400m and you have to slog through some pretty brown stuff. Most traffic from my experience is from La Plagne to Les Arcs. I can't blame them.
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Well, that can be true, although several times in the past few years there have been significant snowfalls all through March and into April. It's not guaranteed to have slush in late March any more than it is to have snow in January, it would seem...
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
keong, In March you should be fine most anywhere in Europe ! Personally I'd avoid the bigger resorts, so here's another vote for La Rosiere ......

Except for last year (in Colorado), I've had my best skiing in April - sometimes May. March isn't late at all !
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
La Rosiere wil be in peak condition for 27th March. It should be fairly quite, sunny, and with loads of snow..................Amen
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Thanks everybody for the advice, it seems like I have plenty of votes for La Rosiere. How about Meribel, I have seen a lot of good comments about it and the three valleys
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
No probs. Just double the price of everything compared to La Rosiere right through from liftpasses, through equipment hire to food & drink. Oh and double the number of people on the slopes too. And double the arrogance. Just my humble opinions of course... Twisted Evil
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
yea, I suspect that Meribel would be more expensive and crowded... So any recommendations for good chalets or apartments in la Rosiere for a family of four?
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Quote:

So any recommendations for good chalets or apartments in la Rosiere for a family of four?
Frosty takes covers whilst watching for the Traxvacations incoming posts
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Yep. You could do a lot worse than speak to David Last - david@traxvax. His site (http://www.tracksvacations.com) is pretty darned useful and I would have been sorely tempted for my group if he could have fitted in 17 people! (that'll be a tenner please Dave...) Very Happy
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
carled, is right. Meribel is fantastic for skiing (I'm going there myself in 4 weeks) but for better value blue cruising for a family I'd choose one of the less famous resorts, like La Ros or Les Arcs /La Plagne. Trois Vallees, which Meribel is at the centre of, is a red run zone.
snow report
carled, do give us a call, my son has a chalet opposite our and between us we can take 24 guests. BTW will you accept 10Euros, payable in beer?
ski holidays
LOL. Maybe for next year Dave - sorted in Villeneuve, Serre Che for this year. La Ros isn't on the Serre Che pass for a day out, is it?
latest report
Sorry carled, bit too far away. Have a good trip.
snow report
keong,
nothing wrong with any of the resorts mentioned, but if you are flying from Singapore you may find it easier to get to resorts closer to Zurich rather than Geneva. With children you don't want to be transferring far following an overnight flight.
I would have a look at Lech Ischgl Davos Flims etc.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy