Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Skiing is gay

Poster: A snowHead
That's a digitally edited pic of course!!!! Nice try though! Wink
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
No way, I sharpened up the colours I admit, but they are the originals (from some site in Whistler). Sorry to disappoint!
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
http://www.highonadventure.com/Hoa98feb/Whistler/boarder.jpg
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
or how about this purdy little number....

http://www.canadream.de/skitotal/images/boarder.jpg Very Happy
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
and no one could ever mistake this one for a mogul.....

http://www.lungo.at/Bilder/boarder.jpg

Need I say more Wink Wink
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Oooo, they look nice actually Little Angel
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
nowt wrong with the last two...a little garish one would admit.... but at least they're in two pieces..... now comon PG ... the first one is actually you your first day on the nursery slope learning to board ? Got so confused by the skill and stlye of it all you ran home quickly at lunch time to change into your best ski/sky diving multi coloured romper suit.... it's okay we understand... your a skiier Wink
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Quote:

You never see a skier in the half pipe do you?

I tried a half pipe during my second week of ski=ing, didn't go too well since I was a black belt at the virtual version and it didn't translate to reality... Shocked

I have to agree with Mr P here, skiers doing tricks normally look untidy. Although I have to say that they always have a skier holding the video camera as the boarders show off... Wink
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Oisin Osh Kelly, out of my league I'm afraid - both in colour scheme and in boarding ability.... as is :

http://www.thewestconnection.com/artman/uploads/sun_peaks_snowboarder.jpg
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ian Hopkinson wrote:
Quote:

You never see a skier in the half pipe do you?

I tried a half pipe during my second week of ski=ing, didn't go too well since I was a black belt at the virtual version and it didn't translate to reality... Shocked

I have to agree with Mr P here, skiers doing tricks normally look untidy. Although I have to say that they always have a skier holding the video camera as the boarders show off... Wink

I'm no great shakes in the pipe, but I have messed around in one a few times this season. I'd just rather be ripping down a piste or sniffing out pow than grinding or whatever in a pipe. In fact, I did it with my entire level 1 clinic a few times, once on 130s!
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
The club kids (skiers) spend time in the park each week, pipe, the lot. If Oisin never sees a skier in the pipe, well, he must be boarding in some strange places...
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
PG, Oh *******... PG ... how did you know.... my eternal shame.... rolling eyes
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Bikers and skateboarders have now moved onto the Full Pipe.
Skiers are even tougher!
http://www.ucalgary.ca/~esa/social/picture-pages/feb.ski/snow-3.jpg
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Nice one! Very Happy
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
and.....................it still is.
latest report
This is luvly too: http://redrivernewmexico.com/winweb20/images/boarder.jpg
ski holidays
DavidS, man, that's old! Note the Sorels on his feet! Laughing
latest report
Summers here (almost) and the darkside forum is tranquil, but even out of season the bearers of the "sticks of shame" are still.......................
latest report
Not Tranquil?
ski holidays
.....drinking Pimms, what what? Very Happy
snow report
I must send my man off to Fortnum's to purchase the prerequistes Wink
latest report
Not Oddbins then?
latest report
Use an establishment without the royal seal of approval, I think not!
ski holidays
Can you get Pimms at your local Fortnum corner shop then?
ski holidays
No, my man, will travel down to London in the carriage...
latest report
been a few months since a posting on this subject.............a way of practising during the off season!

CLICK HERE
ski holidays
Hmmmm. That doesn't look gay at all does it!
snow conditions
errrrr Confused
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAahhhhhhhhaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!
Quick new pants! I've p#ssed myself! Laughing
ski holidays
Woo Hoo! classic. Not that had any intention of skiing anyway, but if I did.....not after seeing that!!! Laughing Laughing Laughing
latest report
Jonpim wrote:
I note the title of this thread is "Skiing is gay" (not skiers are gay). I suggest the opposite is actually true. Those forced to go to traditional English single sex boarding schools know well that "Boarding is Gay" rolling eyes

Hey! I went to an Italian single sex boarding school!!!!
Testosterone level were high, hormones flying, but no gays around.
Furthermore, in my region language (not Italian) ghei, pronounced as the english gay, it's a measure (in fact it's the language name for centimetres). So, transporting your "skiing is gay" thouhgt, should I also infer that masonry is gay? Ahr Ahr.
ski holidays
Matteo, not sure i follow your logic (maybe "friday afternoon" syndrome). Surely it's translation means skiing is small i.e. centermetres being a small measurement?
snow report
Confused....perhaps I need more JD
latest report
According to yourdictionary.com , Skiing is Ghei means either "Skiing is Winter" or "Skiing is a She-goat"! I like it!
ski holidays
Personally I think Boarding was the best thing that ever happened to skiing. Really gave skiing the kick in the ar*e it needed.

Try anything, go anywhere, new techniques, clothing and gear that improved every year.

The main irritating thing about Boarders is their tendency to sit in little monkey herds in the middle of the piste, ideally just over a brow, they get irritating if you use 'their' terrain parks and the snowbum version have this elitist reverse snobbery I'm too cool thing.

Most of my friends are good Boarders and off-piste they really push you, which is great. I have Boarded and in good conditions it's great but if it's icy, it's crap with a capital F.

IMHO
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy