Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Telepeage from the UK

Poster: A snowHead
Hi,

Doing 2 trips this year, and thinking of getting a telepeage. Does anyone know where I can do this on the web with a UK credit card / bank account?

Also are there any ongoing running costs in the months I am not using the system?
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
i did mine with a uk credit card via sanef

no costs for the months that it's not used
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
ringingmaster, It's possible, but I would suggest that for 2 journeys a year it is simply not worth it. Each toll plazza has lots of credit card CB lanes which are very quick, and saves having to faff with money. Put card in card comes out barrier lifts, no pin required.
Typically a telepeage costs 2-5€ a month to use plus around 30/40€ deposit (refundable on return) plus postage and packing and of course the tolls when used. If with sanef the charges can be spread over 2 or 3 credit card statements which makes checking difficult. If your holiday straddles end of one month and begining of another you pay two monthly fees.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Boredsurfing, You are good at this wink Laughing
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
thefatcontroller, I know I wish I was on commission wink
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Boredsurfing, With your strategy I think they would sack you wink Laughing
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Boredsurfing, Mrs gsb thinks it's the best gizmo i've bought and would be worth it for only one trip. She doesn't have to wake up (if asleep) and has only got short arms Laughing

Maybe also depends on date and time of travel, as I suppose sometimes the traffic can be bad news.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
gsb, Have you had to queue up to use it yet wink
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Boredsurfing, Exactly, that's why we don't wont every Tom, Dick & Harry to get one. (I'm sure I remember reading something like that on one of your posts) wink Toofy Grin
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Quote:

Each toll plazza has lots of credit card CB lanes which are very quick, and saves having to faff with money.

but then you do have to faff around getting out of the car to run round to the left hand side, or risk unspeakable gear knob injury by stretching across wink
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
try

http://www.telepeage-pour-tous.fr/fr/particulier/souscrire

10EUR + 1.5EUR a month when used
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Having one for the two toll booths on the A40 would have saved me an hour on 27th December.

We did see UK cars with them so its obviously possible. I'll ask my father in law to investigate. It will give him something to do.

edit** Oops posted at the same time as dz - thanks. Have asked the FIL to order one and post it to me.

Last edited by And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports. on Mon 12-01-09 17:52; edited 1 time in total
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
bar shaker, I would have waved as I went past if I had known. Toofy Grin Twisted Evil
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
you can use a UK credit or debit card to register with SANEF
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
There's a long discussion here: http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?t=20744
snow report
I drove from Geneva along the A40 last night (when the Sunday skiers were heading back) and there were long queues at the tolls - with the outside lane telepeage queue just as long as the rest. When I'd driven towards geneva, around 3pm, there'd been scarcely any traffic at all.
snow report
I got a gadget from SANEF with a UK CC. Worked very well and probably saved us about 30 seconds travelling to and fro Kitzbuhel this summer.

Last edited by Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person on Mon 12-01-09 17:59; edited 1 time in total
snow conditions
Quote:
probably saved us about 30 seconds travelling to a fro Kitzbuhel this summer.

Quote:

with the outside lane telepeage queue just as long as the rest.

Quite! and there are only one or two telepeages at best. But always lots more Credit card and or cash lanes.
ski holidays
gsb, Laughing Laughing

In my jams the cash tills were horrendous, the card machines bad and the T lanes empty.

It seems a no brainer.

Thanks for the info Helen, I gave FIL my card details to use but said to use his address in Indre.
snow report
bar shaker, you should be OK to use your UK address, it was posted to mine without a problem.
ski holidays
Even if there was a queue in a credit card lane, it is sooo quick, as said above, no pin required, just stick it in, take it out and grab receipt Very Happy

I suppose might be more of a pain if you didn't have a passenger though.
ski holidays
Boredsurfing wrote:
Quote:
probably saved us about 30 seconds travelling to a fro Kitzbuhel this summer.

Quote:

with the outside lane telepeage queue just as long as the rest.

Quite! and there are only one or two telepeages at best. But always lots more Credit card and or cash lanes.

But you can use the CC and cash lanes with the Telepeage
snow report
dz4d1v, what happens if you join the m'way through a T lane but wish to leave through a cash or CC lane?
snow conditions
forgot to add that if you are feeling particulary malicious, use the cash lane late at night, wake the operator up and laugh as the barrier goes up from the telepeage
ski holidays
richmond wrote:
dz4d1v, what happens if you join the m'way through a T lane but wish to leave through a cash or CC lane?

most if not all lanes have the TP receivers ( they are marked on the overhead gantries as you approach) you can also give the TP to the operator who will then use it to debit the account/CC
snow conditions
Can we please stop these telepeage threads - too many people are getting them and for the first time ever over the New Year I had to queue behind one car going through the T lane - it cost me an extra 5 seconds in time Twisted Evil
ski holidays
I have telepeage, and I don't want to be discouraging, but if you think you won't ever queue with a badge, you're kidding yourself. The queues going south at Reims at the beginning of half term (I was going north wink ) must have been several miles long, with every single lane jammed on the approach. When it's busy, do you think cars without telepeage badges considerately leave a lane open for those with one? It is worth having if you travel on the autoroutes a lot, but it does cost a bit extra (ridiculously) and it's not a panacea. It helps you skip minor queues, but not the real horrors.
latest report
pam w, Costs us less .. as we get a discount on our 'favourite' toll ...; i've always thought it should cost more . Oh well .. looks like they've got it about right !
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
dz4d1v,
Quote:

forgot to add that if you are feeling particulary malicious, use the cash lane late at night, wake the operator up and laugh as the barrier goes up from the telepeage

very malicious, can't be a pleasant night job at the best of times ...........
ski holidays
pam w, thanks for reminding me why we skip February, just in case it ever crosses my mind.....
ski holidays
pam w, you're absolutely right - at that stage, everyone is in the same boat. However, as soon as the lanes open up to the 'staging' area, you are away. When it is that rammed, I reckon that it can save at least half an hour of queues just at that short bit alone (obviously on the larger peage sections). Having only used it for about 3 years, I still get that smug feeling when the same powerful car passes me yet again at 100+ mph further on down the motorway for at least the third time whilst I pootle along at a more sedate speed. I'm sure they are wondering how the heck I keep getting in front of them. I'm easily amused.... Laughing
latest report
ringingmaster, Just in case you've mssed the obvious, thank you for creating yet another Boredsurfing, doesnt like Telepeage and wont hear anything else thread... wink
I've used on on many trips over the past three years, it has saved hours.
No windows to open, no passenger to wake, no leaning across to pay, no faffing to line the car up to the CC machine or payment window and the T lanes are usually empty or quiet.
I expect that if the 'cash and CC' committed guys insist in backing all the lanes up you may continue to experience delays even with one but who can account for them? I also skip the Lyon peage by going another route so I've recently missed waving to the poor unfortunates queuing there.
Sanef accept UK CC cards as part of their booking \ordering process. Even the 2€ monthly usage fee is small expense for the convenience it provides. Lets us know what you do.
latest report
BMF_Skier,
Quote:
I also skip the Lyon peage by going another route so I've recently missed waving to the poor unfortunates queuing there.

Elaborate, please ?
snow report
We never go to Lyon - though it's not so easily skipped for some other journeys - head down further east through Bourg en Bresse. Also, the A6 is horrible. I do agree that telepeage is good for frequent travellers - but anyone who avoids the stupidly busy periods will only save a few seconds. The main advantage, to me, is not having to rouse the passenger from slumber.
latest report
pam w, As first time drivers last week we did A6 down and A39 back up. Think we would do A39 in future, seemed quieter? However with the A39 you still get directly back towards the A6 and onto the Lyon bypass A(A432). Is this the route you would take down by Lyon?
ski holidays
Yep - we do the same as pam w and use the A39 to Bourg en Bresse and hang a left there towards Geneva. We used to do the Lyon route in the early years, but twice was enough! I assume that the A39 is still the clearer route, as I have avoided the Lyons route for many years now and wouldn't know if that situation has changed recently, but judging by what pam w just said, it's still bad..

ski holidays
pam w wrote:
We never go to Lyon - though it's not so easily skipped for some other journeys - head down further east through Bourg en Bresse. Also, the A6 is horrible. I do agree that telepeage is good for frequent travellers - but anyone who avoids the stupidly busy periods will only save a few seconds. The main advantage, to me, is not having to rouse the passenger from slumber.

Actually, even in the middle of the night when there's no one else around having the telepeage saves about half an hour over the length of the journey (that's Calais to south of Dijon). We were really surprised when we first used ours on the regular trip and found out just how much difference it made...we thought it was a fluke but it's been consistant over many trips now. Must have saved ourselves hours and hours when you add in the busy times!
ski holidays
thefatcontroller, we normally rejoin the A6 around Dijon.
ski holidays
I ordered my badge last Wednesday from http://www.telepeage-pour-tous.fr/fr/particulier/souscrire (APRR) and it arrived yesterday morning. Unfortunately we have to to go half term week so I am hopeing it will help us on our way.
I have two concerns. I have a heated windscreen but having an old Ford Mondeo I don't think there is , as the instructions indicate, a specific area on the screen that is set aside for the instalation.
The other is, that although I have paid by credit card and assumed payment would be taken the same way, it seems according to my schoolboy French, that they require me to fill out a direct debit form. I will get a friend to translate the blurb but in the mean time, does anyone have answers to my concerns?
snow report
. elj221c, The area is the 'shaded ' area behind the rear view mirror .. at least it is shaded on French cars ..
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy