Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Apres Ski

Poster: A snowHead
I am new to skiing and après ski!!!
Heading to Andorra at the end of the month
Found all the posts about equipment really useful so have got all that sorted.
Just looking for a bit of advice on what is needed for going out in the evening, what sort of clothes are best, do pubs/clubs/restaurants have dress codes?? Embarassed

Told you I was a newbie!! Puzzled
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Newbie, welcome to snowHeads! snowHead

Best clothes for going out would be whatever you normally wear in the evenings (and maybe a coat/hat/gloves if you are going to walk a bit in the cold)
So, jeans or trousers for guys, and microskirts for girls.
As for tops, long sleeves are best for guys, and tight fitting tops that show the figure for girls. (this is also practical, as it gives the guys somewhere to hang their coats)

hope this helps

Very Happy

Last edited by Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person on Wed 12-01-05 13:59; edited 1 time in total
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Newbie, welcome to snowHead snowHeads snowHead Long time since I was in Andorra but the general rule for apres ski anywhere is jeans and T shirts. And Andorra has a reputation as a pretty laid back place. Have a good holiday and give us a snow report when you get back please.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Newbie, just stick with practical, warm clothes. Ski resorts aren't catwalks. Well, some may be but I go to ski and not be 'seen'. No leather-soled footwear either; if there's any ice on the ground in resort you'll be spending more time on your backside than walking.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Newbie, Welcome to SnowHeads.

Most places don't have a dress code just go with what your comfortable with no need to dress up just casual. The bars are usually warm but if you plan on walking around sensible foot wear for snow (if there is any) and warm clothing cos it can be cold at night

Have a great first trip.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Thanks for all the replies, that gives me a better idea of what to expect! Smile
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Wear The Fox Hat, like the edit. Raspberry ripples like chapel hat pegs. snowHead
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Laughing ....or Scammel wheel nuts!
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
And someone moaned about me when I pointed out the obvious in another thread!
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Newbie, depends if your a girl or a boy and which resort ur going to, no point wearing loads of warm clothes if ur going to sweat it out in a pub, having to leave all ur jumpers coats etc scattered round the bar!
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
You'll need a pair of walking type boots because there is going to be masses of snow on the ground soon...... please! snowHead
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Chris Bish, yeah, walking boots or flip flops. Either will do. Toofy Grin
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
People will be praying that it snows so a good pair of walking boots is a very good idea.
Trainers are ok if you must but you had better hope there is no snow in the resort
for these to be of any use..
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
i take a "pub jacket" ,ie . one that if i cant remember where i put it down or it ends up on the floor i'm not too fussed
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Wear The Fox Hat, I would love to go to that bar with the great decor! Where is it?
ski holidays
Roy Hockley, I'll let you know a LONG TIME after I find it. Very Happy
ski holidays
Jeans and Tshirt with footwear that doesn't matter too much (ruined a pair last season). If you need a jacket, a "pub jacket" as per mistermouse, then it doesn't matter too much if it gets damaged/nicked.
Some scrote nicked my pub jacket in VT last season (virtually from under my nose) - luckily, I had followed normal practice and decanted wallet and phone to my jeans. Someone was smiling on me though because the next night we did a pub quiz and won a cheap ski jacket - which became my new pub jacket Smile
snow conditions
Wear The Fox Hat - Are those the type that you could hang a wet donkey jacket off?
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy