Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Pants

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I have two pairs of ski pants but they are both looking a bit sad with the odd rip & hole here and there.

Any recommendations for good replacements? They idealy need to ....

a) be waterproof for at least an hour or two without that "I'm wearing an expensive plastic bag feeling"
b) be breathable but not freeze my cockles every time a cold wind blows.
c) be without flame effects on the cuffs (as in that other thread with the women in the Elvis jump suit)
d) have no fur
e) be any colour except white and pink. (Don't want to look like one of the Bee Gee's or Penelope Pit stop). Any "Joseph and his Technicolour Ski Suit look" are also to be avoided
f) have leg vents.
g) be comfortable and suitable for Alpine skiing and touring.
f) be good value for money but not cost the earth (max ca 200 GBP / 300 Euro)
g) be robust, holding up to the odd slap of a ski edge

At the momment these are looking favourable

http://www.telemark-pyrenees.com/shop/product_info.php?cPath=7_212_176_156&products_id=1444

any others to consider?
Are Spyder pants any good or just poncy?

Is it worth trying to repair my existing pants if so what with?
Where can I buy those Cordura patches?
Tried duct tape but it keeps falling off.
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
There's these pants
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
DB, Spyder is good gear but I'm an SOS fan. I think their gear is terrific, it lasts for years, is very well made and the latest fabrics are superb, very thin and light but warm and weatherproof. A bit more expensive than some but probably less expensive than Peak.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
DB,

Eider are making very technical stuff within your price range, good climbing and skiing ranges. And they are made in France or were when I brought the stuff.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I like Peak, just semi-retired a pair after about 150 days on the hill. Just bought Mountain Hardwear Nexus shells which seem great (GBP179.00). Mammut have a good rep.

Used to worship SOS but as waterproof as an old tea bag (old technologies, not the new ones). Great pastel colours though!
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
DB, until I reached the end of your post I was going to recommend Spyder. I've had a pair for several years which I think meet all your criteria (I'm not sure about touring as I've never done it, but they're fine for 'regular' skiing so long as it's not too warm). They don't have vent zips, but I imagine that the current models do. I don't know the current prices, I bought mine about 6 years ago in US in a sale for a very modest price.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
If they're worth salvaging, Snow & Rock offer a repair service - takes about 2-3 weeks from memory. If you're in Vienna though, I suspect this advice is about as much use as a chocolate fireguard!

For what it's worth, I'd recommend Degre 7 - stretchy, goretex, high back waistband which supports the back, detachable braces and a useful fly zip which allows it to be opened both up and down making those eye-watering "snagging" moments a thing of the past! Available in a choice of black!
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
DB, I've heard some very good things about the Paramo Cascada trousers. They fit the bill and are apparently very comfortable as well. Not cheap, but are guaranteed for life.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
DB, Patagonia. They last forever, and if they don't, the company will replace them. Highly recommended.
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
I've been using a pair of columbia ski trousers for the last 5 or more years and been very impressed with their durability, breathability and design but they are not cheap.
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
ssh, ah Patagonia, referred to in Chamonix as Patagucci.
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
David@traxvax, yep. Here, too. Nonetheless, great gear for serious mountain folk. Doesn't matter to me if others wear it for status. They probably buy retail, too! Twisted Evil
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Thanks for the feed back so far.

Any opinions on "Killy" & "Shöffel Venturi"?
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Yeah! One's a short, but perfectly formed Australian.............er, sorry! thought you meant....well, you can guess. Won't keep you very warm, or dry, for that matter!
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Erm, that's not a work safe link....or at least one of the adverts isn't. The rest of the site may be.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy