Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Village hopping in Serre Che

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I have just booked a weeks' boarding in Chantemerle, but on reading these posts and talking to others I'm getting the impression it's a bit limited for restaurants and bars. How easy is it to travel between the villages, ie. to Brancion or Villeneuve? Are taxi's available, and if so, expensive?

Thanks. Tony
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
tonyv1973, fairly easy, and I'm sure the taxis are fairly cheap. Some nice restaurants in Chantmerle too though . Le Tryptique (opposite the church), La CaBasa (pizzeria/fondue place) across the main road, Le Loup Blanc (by the lift station) can all be recommended. The pizzas in La CaBasa are excellent. In the other villages, La Pastelli (le Bez-Villeneuve), and quite a few in the old village across the main road. If you want to know any more PM me, and Welcome to SnowHeads. snowHead
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
tonyv1973, welcome to snowHead snowHeads snowHead . Chantemerle, Villeneuve and Monetiers are pretty close together. Briancon is a bit further away. There's a frequent skibus round the villages during daytime. There is a small bar on the corner opposite the Chantemerle lift station which has Luc Alphand beer which is well worth a taste (the local hero downhill skier and currently doing well in the Dakar Rally)
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Welcome to snowHeads tonyv1973. As already mentioned by Helen, Le Loup Blanc is well worth a visit. As for bars, I believe Le Yeti is still open, and that's almost certainly going to be the liveliest place in the evenings. I've also heard that the bar in the Plein Sud is supposed to be lively.

You'll almost certainly need to book taxis to get around in the evenings as they tend not to be hanging around waiting for fares. The bus service though, is regular and convenient.

When are you going?
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
If you click here, Natives have an article on places to go out in SC.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Mark Hunter, Great stuff....one of our gang was worried about the lack of nightlife in Villeneuve, that'll put his mind at rest!
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
homphomp, I tried Bam Bam last time out there - a bit on the small side, but good atmosphere.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Hi Tony, I live in Serre Che (Monetier) so just let me know if there's anything else you'd like to know. There is a free shuttle bus that goes between the villages before 6pm so you can definitely "apres ski" but as people here have said, taxis are essential in the evening. However, Chantemerle is one of the more lively sectors and you can walk Villeneuve - Chantemerle in less than 15 mins! Have a good one! Mel
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy