Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Steep and Deep camp at Jackson Hole

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Off to JH at end of January and shall be doing their steep and deep camp. Has anyone got an experience of this? Failing that, anyone got any good tips for Jackson, good runs, pubs etc etc.

Starting to get excited now!
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
all in know is take a good book for the journey - it takes a looooong time.

I am really jealous as the Alps are looking just a little sparse at the moment (says he who is off to Tignes on Friday....). Enjoy it and let us know how you get on.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
flugeryl, I have a few tips - I'll post them when I get home from work.
Also, go on to forums.epicski.com
Look for a guy on there called Bob Peters. He lives in Teton Village, and will give you plenty of advice. Do you know where you'll be staying?
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Most runs are good at Jackson Hole.

There is only one bar to go in at the end of the day and that is The Mangy Moose. Try 'Moosebrew' - local beer. There is usually a live band a couple of evenings a week, and an amazing atmosphere every day of the week!

In town there is the Million Dollar Cowboy bar (or something like that). All the barstools have saddles on them, complete with stirrups.
Pricey to eat in there and I wasn't hugely impressed with the food or service. You do get a choice of music - country or western.

If you can bear to tear yourself away from the slopes a snowmobile trip around Yellowstone park is well worth it. I thought it would be some fairly low key thing - spend a couple of hours pootling around the park looking at Bison etc. Instead we did about 100 miles or so, saw Old Faithful erupt, and more wildlife and hotsprings etc than you could shake a big stick at. Well worth the money.

Enjoy it.
Dave
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Forgot to mention one particular run - Corbetts couloir. If you are mad enough to have a go at it, check your insurance and do it on your last day!
Always good entertainment to be had at the top watching people going through this decision making process. Shall I or shan't I jump in!

Madeye-Smiley

One other thing - its worth taking overnight kit in your handluggage if you can fit it in. Jackson Hole is a high altitude airport which means small planes. If one of your connecting flights is a bit tight you can end up there with no luggage at all until a day or two later. Our insurance paid out for all the additional kit we bought whilst waiting for our luggage to turn up. Might be worth checking on that too.

Dave
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
flugeryl,

have pm'ed you a whole load of info. I got from Bob Peters. I'm there in March

Yellowstone is definitely worth it.

NickW
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
NickW,

Thanks very much for that PM, loads of info. Cheers. Staying in The Lodge at Jackson Hole. Couldn't make up mind to stay in town or at Teton. Fancy going up to Targhee for a day or two, depending upon snow. Been snowmobiling in Golden before, good fun but shall wait to see if I can pull myself away from the hill for a day. Smile
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
flugeryl,

I spent couple of weeks in Golden/KH but snowmobiling in Yellowstone is a whole different world. I would really recommend it. A chance not to be missed if you're that close.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy