Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

A Swiss resort the British have almost forgotten ...

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
... but it seems that Arosa, in eastern Switzerland, has a strong following with families because of its child-centred approach. Go back a century or more, though, and the resort became famous because of Sir Arthur Conan-Doyle - one of Britain's first skiers - and his documented 1894 ski tour over the Alps to the resort (published in Strand magazine, I think, and one of the world's first ski articles).

This feature from today's New York Times is worth a read. The piece seems to run to 3 pages, but you have to register for the second and third. Still, I read the first without trouble, and it was worthwhile!

I've only been to Arosa once - back in the 1960s, - but my grandfather died within 48 hours of us arriving. so we beat a hasty retreat to London. It did seem a classic Swiss place, if you like that sort of thing.
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I spent a week there a few seasons ago. Unremarkable town, small ski area. Very strange enountering horses on the piste if I remember correctly!
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I was there 5 years ago, drove up from Shruns because of lack of snow and arrived in Arosa at the start of their festival, it was fantastic.

The whole town were dressed in Fancy dress for 3 day’s (God Knows why…) we ran up bar accounts every where, no ID required, all on trust.

So as far as I can remember!!! It was great.

Oh the skiing was OK too, classy and traditional resort with lots of flattering red runs, big walking centre and mountain retreat centre as well, so a Horse on the piste does not surprise me.

John S
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy