Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Austria: Weather in Niederau

Poster: A snowHead
Great weather today in Niederau, blue sky and sun. Pistes in pretty good shape, though I found them a bit hard and icy in places. Not too busy. Very enjoyable skiing (and even talked to other Brits on the T-bar).

snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Hello,

After another sunny dayit is clear this morning but all the weather experts here (the car park bloke, mostly!) say big snow at the weekend.

Will let you know....

Carolyn
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Hi Espri,

Just watched your message appear and love the photo. Glad you're enjoying it!

Carolyn
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
carolyn, it was really your weather thread here that made choose Niederau for the day (the Wildschönau and Alpbachtal are for me the furthest away destinations on my season ticket, so I don't go there so often). I've only skied in Niederau once before. Usually, when I go to the Wildschönau, I've driven right up to Auffach. Now I know again what I've been missing. I had forgotten how challenging some of the runs in Niederau are. It was a great day!
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Sh, don't tell everyone or it will get too busy!!
Seriosly, though I am very happy that you had a great day here and will come back soon to the Wild and Beautiful.
Have been skiing here all day and it is perfect.

Cheers,

Carolyn
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Carolyn
any forecast for fresh snow? are the slopes holding up well?
two work days to go!!
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Morning,

Yes the slopes are in pretty good shape, and all the talk is for big snow at the weekend. But then, of course, you can see for yourself!

Cheers for now,

Carolyn
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Well it is still clear skies as far as I can see this morning. Was out skiing yesterday and conditions still really good. They are still talking about snow at the weekend on the radio so will keep listening and check in again tomorrow.

Cheers,

Carolyn
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Hi Carolyn,

Just been checking out your webcam. I came across Snowheads looking for snow updates for Neiderau because were coming out next week. Looks like snow to me!

Darryl
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Hello,

You were right! the promised snow duly arrived overnight and we are busy getting snow chains on again! Still snowing now and will ket you know how it goes.

Cheers,

Carolyn
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Hello there,

After Sunday and Monday giving us lots more new snow, today dwaned clear and sunny. Have just returned fro checking the pistes and all is a good as you could ever ask for. The forecast is for more snow again tomorrow and wednesday. Our older son did the sixtwiese yesterday lunchtime and said it was perfect, and that nobody else had been there yet so really enjoyed it. Not quite so busy this week judging by the car park and people out skiing.

Cheers for now,

Carolyn
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Morning,

Slight change of plan, weather wise! There was a little snow overnight and this morning it is mostly sunny so far with a few clouds in the distance. All looks very good indeed.

Cheers,

Carolyn
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Hello,

There was lots of snow overnight and it is still going strong now. Minus 2 or so and light wind.

Carolyn
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Hello Carolyn,

Had a great week last week in the sun. Good to hear about the new snow - Runs were just about ready for it.
We did not get up the sunny side of the valley - but waved every morning to the Auhof as we walked across to the Gondola.

Thanks for setting up the weather report thread I asked for - 3200 hits so far can't be bad - and probably only 1000 of them were mine rolling eyes

Only got next year to look forward to now - as you say don't tell too many how good Niederau is - It will only get crowded and the prices go up.

Good luck for the rest of the season snowHead
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Morning,

Well I am so glad you had a good time! And thanks for waving Madeye-Smiley We had snow overnight and just as we started instructor training this morning at 8.30 the sun came out right until we finished! Now it is snowing again and looks quite set to carry on. Minus 2 again and no wind so doesn't feel too cold.

Glad you are thinking of next year, we already are almost full for New Year, can't believe how organised some folk are!

Cheers for now,

Carolyn
snow report
Hello again,

Still snowing! Visibility is good, though but chains are a must!

Cheers,

Carolyn
snow conditions
Hello again,

Still snowing! Visibility is good, though but chains are a must!

Cheers,

Carolyn
snow conditions
Are you needing chains as well as winter tyres Carolyn? We used to have to put chains on in Niederau sometimes, but that was when we didn't have a car that we had winter tyres on as only occasional use.
ski holidays
Hiya,

Well it is still snowing big time, and it does seem very set to carry on. We have a 4 whell drive VW bus with winter tyres and we do need our chains on, too. We also have a VW Golf and it hasd studded winter tyres and seems quite ok without chains. The main streets are all ok really, but we live up Sonnberg which is steep and single track.

Cheers,

Carolyn
latest report
Hi,
Today dawned sunny and clear. Conditions perfect, been out in it all day Very Happy

Carolyn
snow conditions
Hello,

It is much colder this morning, minus 7.3 at 0635. Clear skies so hopefully another sunny one today. The word is a huge amount of snow coming on wednesday. Will keep you posted.

Cheers,

Carolyn
snow report
Hi, Carolyn,

I've just signed up and noticed your reports. We are considering a week's skiing there starting 14 March but are worried about the snow.The reports seem OK at the moment but have you any idea of long range expectations? Difficult question I know and I promise I won't sue if you get in wrong!

Cheers

Chris
latest report
Hi, Carolyn
I've just signed up and I've also just booked my flights out to Niederau but I am looking for a bit of help on the accommodation front. I'm coming out with my daughter and some of our friends are staying in the Harfenwirt so I would rather be close to them and the ski school, unfortunately we can only make 4 nights (arrive on Sunday 1st March, leaving on the Thursday the 5th). Looked at the "sportHotel" but I could really do with a bit of advice. Your info is brill BTW
TIA,
Danny
snow conditions
Morning,

Goodness, two questions for me today - firstly I can only go on past experience and current conditions but last year we had good snow right up to and past the end of the season. At the moment we have more snow than I have ever seen! It started again last night and is still coming down heavily. Forecast is to carry on all day and tomorrow. So if I were you I would go for it! Good luck Very Happy

As for accommodation, not really familiar with the Sport Hotel, but if you want close to Harfenwirt there is the Christoffel next door and the Clausenhof a few metres past. The Sonnschein is owned by the same family as the Harfenwirt and not too far away. Or why not come and stay on the sunny side of the hill with us!!! www.auhof.co.at

Hope you find what you are looking for and feel free to ask if you have any other queries.

Cheers,

Carolyn
ski holidays
dan_crone, None of the tourist accommodation in Neiderau is much more than 5-10 minutes walk from any other, particularly since the Harfenwirt is pretty central.
snow conditions
Carolyn, Thanks for the info. It clinched the argument for us and we'll book up.

Cheers

Chris
ski holidays
Carolyn, thanks muchly for the info, I have tried to email the hotels that you mention and we'll see what the availability is like. Can't wait to get out there Smile
snow report
Im staying at the Sonnschien from 21-28th March! Watch out, newbi's coming your way!

Very Happy
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Hi,

Greast news, very glad the info is of use. Another cold, clear and sunny day with perfect snow conditions again.

Cheers

Carolyn
snow report
Hi,

We had more snow again overnight, at least a foot I think. Cleared up now and conditions have never been better. Enjoy!

Cheers

Carolyn
latest report
Morning,

Another foot overnight , still snowing.......

Cheers,

Carolyn
snow report
Hello,

Same again, snow keeps on coming Very Happy The word is some sunshine tomorrow, will let you know.

Cheers

Carolyn
snow conditions
Hello,

Today, as promised, has dawned clear and cold so a sunny day is on its way.

Cheers

Carolyn
snow report
Hi,

Yesterday was indeed sunny and clear all day. A bit cloudy today but so far no snow. Forecast is for lots tomorrow.

Cheers,

Carolyn
snow conditions
We have the promised snow - again! It started yesterday afternoon and has been snowing through the night and still going strong.....

Carolyn
ski holidays
Hello,

It has been very mild the last few days and clear skies and sunshine. great for the skiing and the slopes are still in great condition due to the huge amount of snow we have been having. Looks clear again today but the word is more snow on thursday.

Cheers,

Carolyn
snow report
we were in niederau last week. we stayed near the gondola station and we arrived at approx 10pm. we definitly needed our snow chains to make it up the hill from worgl to niederau. we didnt use our car through the week but if we were driving round niederau we would definitley needed them. some days the roads were clearer than others but some days when snow was persistent ( depending on what car and type of tyre you already have) I would defnintly take some chains with you.

Niederau is very quaint and small and is very good for intermediate skiers with some challenging runs. the few nursery slopes at the bottom are good for confidence building and learning to ski.
ski holidays
Hello,

Well you won't need chains at the moment as we have not had snow for a few days now and it has been quite mild. Much colder and clear today and they are still saying snow on thursday. Slopes still in great condition, soft in the afternoons but still plenty.

Glad you enjoyed it, polo99 - you chose a good week to come, snow wise!

Cheers,

Carolyn
snow report
Hi,

Yesterday's promised snow arrived during the night but not as much as we have been having lately. Not snowing at the moment but it looks like it could any minute if the clouds are anything to go by.

Will let you know .....

Cheers,

Carolyn
ski holidays
Hi,

The snow carried on all night and is still going strong.

Cheers

Carolyn
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy