Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Austria: Weather in Niederau

Poster: A snowHead
Hiya,

Yes it is quite a happening sort of place in summer and the gondola runs from may to october with paragliding, mountain biking and walking etc. Prices are hard for me to say really, in our case we found we got far more for our money here. A neighbour of ours is selling a semi detatched house of about 400 square metres including garden for 470,000 Euros if that helps at all! Glad you like the webcam, it is quiet this week after a frantic Christmas and New Year period but we are full again for february.

Still sunny, cloudless skies today but the forecast is for it to change to more snow tomorrow. Will let you know.....

Cheers,

Carolyn
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
hi Carolyn

thats great to here more snow is on its way i arrive in Niederau on 30th jan for the annual visit. i learn't to ski in Niederau 28 years ago and it still feels like home every time i come. That is the reason i brought my wife and children to learn to ski here.

woodworm
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Hi,

Glad you like the webcam, my husband's pride and joy. Nor as busy this week as it was over the Christmas period.

Yes they all seem to have summer jobs, lots of farming, building, that sort of thing. It does get busy in summer as the gondola runs and there is lots of paragliding, walking, biking, riding etc etc.

Re houses, we found we got more for our money over here for sure. A neighbour is selling his house which is about 400 square meters for Euro 470,000 so that may give you an idea. It is the largest part of a huge house divided into three facing south, looking down on the village.

Weather seems to be more cloudy this morning, but not yet light. Minus 2.5 now.

Cheers, Carolyn
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Hello,

I am very confused, have replied twice to Joshua's message and done it exactly as I have been doing since I started here but nothing seems to have appeared. Please accept my apologies and let me see if this works. We had snow overnight and it is minus 2 this morning, by the way!

Cheers

Carolyn
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Hi Carolyn

good to hear you have a few cm of fresh snow - looks very cloudy today - is it still snowing ?

Two weeks to go - can't wait

forecast is possibly for more snow over next few days please keep the reports coming.

Martin
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Hiya,

Has stopped snowing now and forecast is for sun tomorrow. Slopes holding up well, quite a lot apparently at the top. The world synchro skiing is here tomorrow so should be something good to see - on the Tennladen.

Two weeks to go - brilliant, lets hope you get the fantastic snow and weather we have been having.

Cheers,

Carolyn
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
carolyn,

Glad to here its snowing again! Looked at deals to Harfenwirt for next week quite cheap I hear they have extended is it all finished? Prefer the Sonnschein though stayed twice and it was really nice both times

Joshua
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
idleboatman,

Welcome to snowheads. Another fello Ulsterman!
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Morning,

Yes the Harfenwirt seems to be all done, from the outside anyway, not been inside yet. Sonnschein is good, too though. Minus 3.5 this morning with sun forecast for today and everyone is saying huge snow next week so looking forward to that. The snow is still good, though and the cannons are working away just in case....

Enjoy the Harfenwirt!

Carolyn
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Hey

Haven't been on Snowheads for a while, but was brought here by the weather update mentioning Niederau. We've been twice, first was great when we learnt to ski (Jan 2006) and second not so good (Jan 2007) but met up with some other Snowheads and had a good time anyway!

Great to see somewhere to stay other than the hotels - our daughter is 9 and a half months so we didn't go skiing last season and won't go this season but intend to return to Niederau at some point - its just a great place. Its not huge but if your not fanatical, or maybe with kids its ideal. Very good place to learn to ski, as mentioned previously the Red ski school is fantastic. I'll keep your place in my favorites folder.

Hope the snow continues! Cheers!
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Hello,

Glad there is another Niederau fan around! Weather a little cloudy this morning but we had a red sky at dawn so I think we are in for the promised snow. Just below zero now and that is on the sunny side at just gone eleven, Seems a quiet week, looking over at the slopes but are busy with guests leaving and arriving etc so no skiing for us today.

Will keep you posted with the weather......

Carolyn
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
I am from Belgium and prefer to go to Niederau each year.
The best pist is the lanerkopfl but the last 2 years she was closed.
How is the snow quality this season?
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Morning,

We had snow overnight and it is cold and clear this morning. Still talking about more snow later on in the week.

Frage, welcome to snow heads Very Happy Glad you like Niederau and yes, I like the Lanerkopfl, too. Don't remember it being closed last year because I skied it often, but then, maybe I just went on the good days! Snow is better on the other side at the moment but Lanerkopfl is open. The new chair lift is wonderful, too. Takes you right up to the top of the Gipfel so you get a lovely long run, with maybe a stop t the Anton Graff?

Will let you know what happens weather wise.

Cheers, Carolyn
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Normaly i came in the beginning of februar, but i broke my hand so its gonna be march maybe. Are there any pictures of the new lift ? I also pas niederau in summer and i saw them working on it.

http://photos-g.ak.fbcdn.net/photos-ak-snc1/v2106/49/11/1046721603/n1046721603_30266654_1466.jpg

http://photos-h.ak.fbcdn.net/photos-ak-snc1/v2106/49/11/1046721603/n1046721603_30266655_1750.jpg

http://photos-a.ak.fbcdn.net/photos-ak-snc1/v2106/49/11/1046721603/n1046721603_30266656_2028.jpg

Pretty amazing to see something like that if you know the lift since you where 6 years old.
Does someone have pictures of the new lift ?[/img]
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Hiya,

Weather report is that we have had and are having lots of snow. Started in earnest this morning at 7am, and already there is at least a foot. Still going strong......

Re the chairlift, I will see if I can get some photos for you in the next few days.

Cheers,

Carolyn
snow conditions
Hi Carolyn,

you are a star -
I have been watching about 10 differnt weather forecasts all week and nearly all were giving mainly rain for Niederau.

At least a foot.. still going strong.... Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Madeye-Smiley Shocked Shocked snowHead snowHead Laughing Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
latest report
Hi Carolyn,

Looks like you have made his day!!!

Been watching your very snowy webcam today, looks fab
latest report
let it snow let it snow let it snow!!!!
having been blown away this weekend with horizontal rain, am now checking your web cam regularly.
Have crossed everything in the hope that snow stays until 7th Feb, picked up tickets today, holiday feeling setting in!!
ski holidays
Morning!

Hey, glad to be of service! This morning it is still snowing gently, and there was a lot of it yesterday, we now have a life sized snowman in the front garden and will have to do some seriuos drive clearing if we are to go skiing! Piste bashers are still at it and all the locals yesterday were saying the snow is to continue today as well. We are taking our guests on a sleigh ride this evening and conditions will be perfect I think.

Will try and hold onto the snow for february for you, and will keep going with my weather reports.......

Cheers,

Carolyn
snow report
Lovely to have found all your news Carolyn, only joined snowheads yesterday, and this is a real nostalgia trip for me. First visited Niederau in 1971 and '72 and then eventually years later took all our children there for years - daughter ended up teaching in the ski school - and we still try and come back every couple of years. The Lanerkopfl was closed two years ago but we were only there for a few days. Will keep watching your webcam now.

Pam
snow report
Hi,

Welcome, Pam! Well it is excellent to hear you have such happy experiences of Niederau. My son of 17 is in his second season with the ski school and really enjoying himself.

Lanerkopfl is wonderful at the moment due to stacks of snow, new chairlift and a quiet week. Our guests were there yesterday and had the place to themselves!

We had a little more snow last night and it is looking like more today - cloudy and minus 1.5. Looking out the window I can see the piste bashers at work still and looking forward to great conditions again.....

Cheers,

Carolyn
snow report
Hello,

Well the snow has stopped for the time being and the sun came out yesterday afternoon giving the most perfect conditions possible. Clear again this morning and very cold - minus 5.5 so should be perfect again today, hooray!

Will keep you posted.....

Cheers,

Carolyn
snow conditions
Hello,
Well it is monday morning again, and the snow yesterday was as good as I have ever seen, with perfect weather, sunny but not snow-meltingly so! Temperature is minus 4.7 with a clear sky. Forecast is for more sun today and snow coming on tuesday and wednesday.

Cheers,

Carolyn
snow report
Thanks for the update, only 5 days to go, great to hear your reports

sounds fantastic - can't wait...
ski holidays
Hey.

5 days, should be just right for you!

Well we didn't get snow overnight but it is minus 4 this early morning and still clear. The radio is still insisting on snow later and tomorrow so will keep you posted. Mind you, when it is this cold the snow stays good and I for one love to ski in sunshine! Didn;t go yesterday but both sons report fantastic conditions. For thos of you who like the off piste runs, they both said the Sixtwiese is in great shape.

Will be back tomorrow.....

Cheers,

Carolyn
snow report
carolyn, Great webcam!

We'll be in Niederau on saturday,really looking forward to that now. Was wondering how much local lift passes were(can't seem to get the wildschonau site on my computer)for 6 days.

When we were there last you could hire a car in the village,just thought we might check out the area for a day or two.

Look forward to hearing more snow has fallen. Very Happy

Cheers.
latest report
Hi there,

If you have a look at our web site there is a liink to the lift company and if you click on rates you will see how much the lift passes are. The local shell garage hires cars so you can call in there and sort one out. They don;t speak much English there so if that is a problem give me a call and I can come down and help. Hope you have a great time!
oh yes, www.auhof.co.at should get you to the bergbahn link.

Cheers, Carolyn
snow conditions
Just a quick note - the snow has started, just as promised!
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
carolyn, Thankyou for the info,i shall be looking at that later.

Nice to here it has started snowing again. Madeye-Smiley

Cheers.
ski holidays
Morning all,

No trouble at all, hope you got the info you needed.

Yesterday's snow is still going strong, looks like there was loads overnight. Still cold - minus 3.5 this morning.

Cheers,

Carolyn
ski holidays
Hello,

Still snowing! The radio said yesterdat that the sun will be coming today until monday when we get more snow. Still cold, minus 3.5 and gently snowing.

Cheers,

Carolyn
ski holidays
Hi Carolyn
your reports are the highlights of my day at present!! as long as you keep telling me that its snowing!!
mind you anything would be better than here at present, gale force winds, more rain, dark and dismal, need a holiday, roll on the 7th!
Are the runs busy yet? suppose the influx will start from the 7th what with 1/2 term.

keep the good news coming!

cheers
ski holidays
Hello,

Well I am very pleased that you like the reports, nothing official just my going outside and trying to catch the weather on the radio! They were on about sunshine yesterday until monday but although it almost stopped snowing we didn't get any sun. This morning it is minus 3.7 and still cloudy so perhaps there is even more snow to come. There really is stacks of the stuff just now and should do the trick for you on 7th! It is busier than last week which was very quiet - we had some of the runs all to ourselves at times, but we are at our busiest from 14th to end of Feb. Our local half term is 7th to 14th so there will be local kids around but they are no trouble!

Enjoy your trip and have a look at the web cam to get you in the mood!

Cheers

Carolyn
snow report
We haven't had the promised sun in the village yet, but the top og the mountain was bathed in sunshine yesterday. Still cold, sun forecast for today and tomorrw although no sign of it yet!

Carolyn
snow report
Looks great on the webcam! Is the resort busy for week 7th to 14th feb? Also was wondering if you have any idea of the price to rent properties in the area either Neiderau or Oberau or if you know the best place to find them? Cheers enjoy the snow snowHead
snow report
Morning,

Well we have the sun at last and it is very cold but beautiful today. I think that the busiest will be 14th to 28th Feb, if our bookings are anything to go on. We are full then, but have some spaces until 14th. Did you mean to rent for a while, or for good? All I can really go on is one of our two bedroom apartments is Euro 90 a week in high season, and 77 the rest of the time.

Glad you like the web cam, and it should be worth a look this morning in the sunshine.

Cheers,

Carolyn
snow report
carolyn, partly as a result of this thread I'm now looking at a cheap deal for the 21st feb. I've not yet found a snow history, but presume with all the snow you've had It should be pretty safe. Will the local school holidays be done by then ?
latest report
Hello,

Excellent news! The snow is still ectremely good, we had sun yesterday and it is much warmer but the runs are all still fine. Weather forecast is saying colder again at the weekend and more snow! All our runs are on the north facing side of the mountains and tend to keep snow long after you would imagine, and we have many snow cannons which make heaps of it just in case. The local school holidays are next week, the British the week after and I think it is mailnly the Dutch here fro the week you mention. It is carnival week here, on 21st Feb, lots going on and the days will be a bit longer, too so longer to ski! Hope you get a good deal and that you have a great time here!

Cheers,

Carolyn
snow report
carolyn, thanks or that, sounding better by the minute. Will look into it further

cheers
snow report
nickH, you won't be disapointed its a really lovely place. Smile
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy