Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Austria: Weather in Niederau

Poster: A snowHead
Thanks Chris , can't wait 2weeks today😀
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Thanks for the info, can't wait 2weeks today 😀
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Still cold and snow crew working very hard to ensure we are ready for Friday Smile
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Still cold and snow crew working very hard to ensure we are ready for Friday Smile
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
What's the weather like are we due any snow?
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Cold and sunny this week. No snow in the immediate forecast. Will ski Niederau tomorrow and report conditions Smile checking Auffach again this morning Smile
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Well Auffach is in great condition, skiable perfectly groomed piste on all runs open. You can ski right to the valley and it was so quiet!
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Niederau is in great shape. We skied the kropfrader, Marchenwiese and lanerkopfl and the pistes are so good you really wouldn't guess it's all from the snow cannons. All mountain bars in good order too!!
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Carolyn, once again many thanks for the update, pistes in good condition from cannons is good enough for our group and if we can just have a sprinkling of natural to whiten out the fringes or freshen things up then that would indeed be the icing on our collective Christmas cake
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Looks like a nice start to the season hope it stays that way I am coming over for two weeks starting 21st of Jan cannot wait
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Trying a sprinkle of snow tonight. Hope it lasts for you to enjoy!
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
It was sprinkling very gently when I took the dog out just now. Pistes were very good this morning.
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
All is white and duly sprinkled! Cold and sunny weather is forecast Smile
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
That's a relief as a couple of sites had it freeze/thaw between -2 overnight to a barmy 8 during the day for this week unless I read it wrong Puzzled hope so
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Just had a look at the forecast which is saying sun till the weekend then snow! Below freezing every night and we are also making more snow I see. Better go and check the pistes Smile
snow conditions
That's promising news, many thanks. As a group we will take what us on offer with good grace although we'd obviously prefer perfect piste conditions, (we aren't off piste skiers), with white edges and runs down to the villages.

We will be confirming our Red school requirements this evening, which look likely to be three days mid-week for our half of the party.....can't wait!!! Toofy Grin
snow report
All is in excellent shape Smile ski school not yet busy and we have a new boss and office manager who are very excited about the new season!
snow report
Thought it was about time for a few pics

Kropfader a couple of days ago.

The rest are from today.

latest report
carolyn wrote:
All is in excellent shape Smile ski school not yet busy and we have a new boss and office manager who are very excited about the new season!

Hi Carolyn, I'm sorry to pester you on here, but, sent a message to Reds earlier today on their webpage contact tab to try and secure a couple of afternoon's private lessons for three of our party next week 28th and 29th Dec. I've had no reply, is there another way of making contact, can we arrange things at the Office on arrival (27th for the following days)?

Any advice would be gratefully received and I hope that you are having a cracking time.
snow report
I'll speak to Lisa in the morning and ask her to follow up. Alternatively you can call on 004353392200, Lisa speaks perfect English so you will have no problems there.
ski holidays
@Chris_n,

Merry Christmas Chris and Carolyn, Thanks for your posts you have certainly been a welcome part of our holiday build up. I will give Lisa a call tomorrow morning prior to our afternoon flights.....whey hey!!! We can't wait
ski holidays
Happy Christmas Smile
ski holidays
Sorry uncle Rico it won't be me teaching as I'm off with a knee injury. Have a great time and maybe see you in Bobo's Smile
ski holidays
@carolyn,

Sorry to hear about your knee injury, we heard back from Lisa it seems that our email enquiry had reached the powers that be and our lessons are booked thanks. We will definitely having a one or two in Niederau's finest establishments and would hope to bump into you and Chris.

Bags packed and the airport beckons in an hour whey hey!!!
snow report
Our mild spell is over now and it's seriously cold. Snow crew have been busy making lots more snow and the cold weather is set to stay a while with lots of sunshine Smile
ski holidays
Thought it had all gone quiet on here, but it turns out I have just not been getting the email notifications since 1st December. Looks like the snow is starting to look good for when we get there in weeks' time. Sorry to see you are injured Carolyn. Hope you are better by the time we get there. snowHead
snow conditions
There's some chat about snow next week Smile still cold and cannons working away happily Smile
snow conditions
Gremlins edited my post. It is 5 weeks until we come out. The 14 day forecasts we have seen predict some heavy snow from about 7th January. I know things do change a lot, but it looks hopeful. snowHead
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
It's January soon...the high over the Alps will move sometime in January (I hope!)
snow report
Good to find this, we're heading out for 3rd week of Feb. Will be following the updates closely I guess! wink
ski holidays
I am heading out in there 21st of Jan for two weeks for the first time doing a longer ski trip Reilly looking forward to it just hope the snow arrives like a previous post I have seen the 14 day forecast and looks good 41cm of the good stuff
snow conditions
Yes we are seeing sun today and tomorrow afternoon snow with quite a lot on Thursday then sunny Friday Smile still cold and snow being made like it's going out of fashion! Happy New Year Smile
latest report
Minus seven this morning and all is again white Smile
ski holidays
About 30 cm of snow overnight, poor visibility today but looking better over the weekend.
latest report
Looks lovely in the photos we have managed to see. The Snow Crew have been putting some on Facebook.
snow report
-10.5 showing on the car this morning and another 20cm of snow this morning and the sun is coming out!
ski holidays
Thanks Chris - It's looking much better on the Markbachjoch webcam this morning too
snow report
Hmm. Just had a look at the Markbachjoch webcams and interestingly, not only is it currently showing - 12.6C it is also showing wind speed of 73.3kph. It must be bitingly cold, but people seem to be pottering around happily. Particularly in the direction of the Jochalm! 🍻 snowHead Toofy Grin
snow conditions
@J Rhiannon, better than the cloud and rain by 'ere in Kairdiff.
ski holidays
You must have sneezed and sent some of it this way - to Swanzee. It was lovely, sunny, crisp and frosty half an hour ago. Now we have heavy drizzle and no visibility.

I think the webcam lied about the wind speed. Not the temp. When I drilled into it I could see that the decimal point was probably in the wrong place, as it was really only 7 or 8 kph. I got suspicious when it went up to 181.1 kph and then I saw a little arrow allowing further investigation, so I tried it.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy