Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Austria: Weather in Niederau

Poster: A snowHead
@carolyn, @Chris_n, good luck in the race on Friday. Will anyone dare to beat Sepp this year? He told me he would be having words with Andreas for forgetting his true place in the rankings last year. Toofy Grin
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
6th April still excellent and sunny, too
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Thanks, it was great fun Smile
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Still sunny and the snow getting softer now Smile
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Well I think we are almost at the end of the season down in the village although the upper runs still great til early afternoon. It has been an amazing season with the exception of the first week we've had superb condidtions all the way Smile Same again next season please Smile
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
So tomorrow is our last day of the season and it's snowing again! Thanks for everybody's input and I'll be back next season with hopefully good news about conditions here in beautiful Niederau. Cheers for now, Carolyn Smile
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
It seems a pity to waste all that snow. Can't the season extend a bit?
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Would be good, but when there are no hotel guests the lift company wouldn't make any money from us locals Sad Roll on December Smile
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
@carolyn, another season of cheery updates. Thanks very much. One day I'll get to Niederau......
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Let's hope there is at least as much snow next winter, but starting before Christmas instead of mid January. I haven't forgotten Chris' instructions regarding my boots and goggles for next year. Goggles research is underway and I have asked friends to plan a date with me to go to Ski Centre and sort the boots out now it is not so busy. snowHead
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Hope you enjoyed your last weekend of skiing Carolyn. Thank you for all your cheery updates - it's much appreciated, especially when I'm stuck at my desk dreaming of snow! I'm now looking forward to my summer fix of Niederau, and another visit to the Talfest. Enjoy your summer Happy Rhian
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
@carolyn,
Thanks for the weather reports leading up to the Jumbulance trip.
Hope to be back next year, so might eventually meet/see you on the piste.

David
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
A bit early I know, but have heard some interesting stuff about the upcoming Winter! There was frost this morning so there will be snow on 19th December Smile There is a special plant which heralds a good Winter by how much it grows in the Summer - it has never been so big apparently and an Arctic snowy Winter will begin in November! More wasps than usual have been here this Summer. Pick any of these to believe and get your snow dancing under way!!! Carolyn Smile
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Anything to be better than last Christmas Smile
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Good to see your reports back on snowHead , Carolyn
ski holidays
@carolyn,
Just keep the snow until Feb please.
Jumbulance are on their way again!!
latest report
Will do!
snow report
Seen reports it is snowing in Tirolean Alps already Getting excitng.
ski holidays
Yes it won't be long now Smile Had a day in Hintertux on Tuesday just to see if we can still ski! Very good, sunshine and lovely snow but not as fabulous as Niederau!!!
snow report
I have booked into the Snowheads ski test at Hemel Hempstead on 10th October. I have never been to such a thing before, but thought it might be a good way to start my prep for Niederau in February. I still need to get my boot linings adjusted. snowHead
snow report
That's a good idea, let us know how it goes Smile Snow canons are being installed here and are already in place on the Lanerkopfl!
snow conditions
Hi Carolyn, I assume the usual Christmas Day carol concert will be happening this year? This time we hope our daughter won't throw a wobbly just as we are about to set off for it.
snow report
Oh yes, it will just the same Smile come on over and join in wobbly or not! Nobody will mind Smile
snow conditions
Enjoyed testing out the skis with Snowheads at Hemel Hempstead yesterday. Found out I am better with stiffer skis and although the slimmer ones feel more familiar I actually liked the wide ones. I found them easier to steer in the chopped up mess at the bottom of the slope and easier to turn with when hitting a fluffy pile of looser snow if I hadn't turned soon enough higher up. A great opportunity for a warm up before the season. snowHead
snow report
Sounds like you've found the right ones! You'll have to chat Eric up for the same when you get here Smile
snow report
Snow cannons in place at Harfenwirt and big ones lined up in the gondola car park Smile Snow line creeping down the mountain!
ski holidays
Yippee!!! I have booked the first week of February off work now. Next to actually book the hotel etc. snowHead
ski holidays
carolyn wrote:
Snow cannons in place at Harfenwirt and big ones lined up in the gondola car park Smile Snow line creeping down the mountain!
Smile
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
The helicopters have now got all the cannons in place and soon there will be pictures of the preparations on Facebook from Snow Crew Niederau. Just need you all to start the snow dancing now, please ! Smile
ski holidays
We are dancing! Madeye-Smiley

https://www.facebook.com/SNOW-CREW-Niederau-370590979742131/
ski holidays
Happy feet Madeye-Smiley
ski holidays
Off to Pembrey ski centre to get boot linings adjusted on Sunday. Preparations are underway for coming back to Niederau. Madeye-Smiley
ski holidays
Big frost overnight Smile Dancing is working!
latest report
@Chris_n, I have just got home from the ski centre at Pembrey, where I went this morning to get my footbeds made thicker so that my feet can't slide out of them instead of my skis unclipping when I fall over. They sorted it out without charging me and I managed to buy a set of goggles with pink lenses while I was there. Was there anything else I need to sort out before I get back out to Niederau in February? Cool
snow report
@J Rhiannon, I think you have everything covered now, I was still getting asked about the boot incident at the instructors end of season meal! They tell me you have been working on your fitness too so looking forward to seeing how you progress this season.
snow report
@Chris_n, I have been frequenting a gym, yes. Enthusism is still quite high, but I'm about to go to Portugal for 2 weeks playing golf in the sun, so we'll see if I can keep it up through the cold damp months when I get back. I need to keep the Niederau trip in sight as a target. I don't want to start in a beginners' class this time.
latest report
@J Rhiannon, absolutely no need for a beginners class! People who have done a red don't do beginners.
snow report
@Chris_n, I've just booked myself onto the early flight out of Birmingham for my skiing holiday. That means I can collect my skis, lift pass and ski school ticket on the Saturday afternoon when I arrive. I'll be able to get out onto the snow a bit earlier on the Sunday that way and practise a few runs from the top of the Harfenwirt slope before the groups are sorted out. That's the plan. snowHead
ski holidays
Quote:

I went this morning to get my footbeds made thicker so that my feet can't slide out of them instead of my skis unclipping when I fall over.

Shocked I'm no expert but sounds like something fundamentally very wrong if your boot can come off rather than the binding releasing. The closure around your lower leg must surely be too sloppy by half and that would worry me.
latest report
Pruman wrote:
Quote:

I went this morning to get my footbeds made thicker so that my feet can't slide out of them instead of my skis unclipping when I fall over.

Shocked I'm no expert but sounds like something fundamentally very wrong if your boot can come off rather than the binding releasing. The closure around your lower leg must surely be too sloppy by half and that would worry me.[/quote

I had difficulty getting boots wide enough around the calves to fasten up and needed to have a pair 1 size too big customised for me and the additional space around the feet filled up with molded footbeds. Those are now 6 years old and have compressed leaving too much space. Also the boot linings have compressed. I now have an additional thick flat footbed under the molded one. I can now also buckle the boots on the 3rd notch rather than the very last one - and move them tighter after the first couple of runs.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy