Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Austria: Weather in Niederau

Poster: A snowHead
I thought it did, but it all went dark about 5 past 9 on Sunday. Must just have been the snow. We had about 10 flakes at lunchtime yesterday
Nothing like Niederau standards. It was enough though to make our taskmasters insist we all take work laptops home and test the access. The days of a day off work for snow are now gone. You're having a great run of good skiing weather now. Laughing
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Smile we are having a few days off snow at the moment, but still very cold and today should be a sun/cloud mixture Smile
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@carolyn, lightweight Toofy Grin . Hope you are having a good season
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
@dobby, carolyn, means a few days off snow falling, not a few days off skis!
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Ah! Makes more sense.... Smile
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Indeed, who would want a day off skiing??? Cold again today and the pistes are still perfect. Sun/cloud tomorrow then more snow Smile
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Started snowing just before seven this morning and set to carry on today and tomorrow. Pistes all in great condition Smile
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Seems like we should have stuck with the usual early February week in Niederau and had shedloads of snow. However, there was enough to play in 3 weeks ago and if I hadn't been there then I wouldn't have had @Chris_n, to look after me all week. That was so special I wouldn't have swapped it for for anything. Probably back to early February again next year though.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Rhiannon, I think you had just as good snow, honestly Smile Snowed all yesterday and seems a bit clearer this morning. The forecast is still saying snow today but then sun all week. Minus 7 first thing today Smile
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
@J Rhiannon, if you had been with me this week you would have been in a group of 15!
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
@Chris_n, poor you. Glad I wasn't. I'd probably still be shuffling about on Tennladen at the end of the week.

I was right about developing arms like Popeye. Struggling to get the blood pressure monitor cuff done up now. Skiing must be good for blood pressure though. When I did manage to check it was the lowest reading I have ever recorded.
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
That's good news, skiing is very healthy Smile Minus 7 again today but clear skies and the sun's just coming up Smile Kropfrader it is, then Smile
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Another glorious day, snow is still good. Off to the office now for another epic day Very Happy
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Pictures seem to have dried up???
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Save some for me and miss hdog, we are off tomorrow. 😃
I played chicken with christal and got a fair deal( well for half term) .
ski holidays
Still lovely sun and perfect snow Smile
ski holidays
Perfect Toofy Grin
snow report
All this talk of snow made me start planning for next year early. Joined a gym today. Went along to try it out. My forte is still the rowing machine, but I had a bit of fun trying out various pulleys with weights on the end too. Now I just need to keep the enthusiasm up until I can get back on a couple of planks on snow again.
snow report
Hi Guys & Gals!
I've just booked for me and the misses to come to Niederau next week. (21st Feb 2015)
I've never been there before .. don't know what to expect.

I must admit we've chosen it by default as there was not much left.

I feel pretty lucky actually, this is giving me the chance to try somewhere different and take a more relaxing approach.
I notice that there is a lift back out of Alpbach, so we should be able to get a bus back from Auffach at the end of the day.

The hotel is called Sun Shine and if the sun does shine that will suite me fine.

Now to book the Airport Parking.
& see what its going to cost to bring the skis!

Scream if you wanna go faster!
latest report
DrLawn wrote:
Hi Guys & Gals!
I've just booked for me and the misses to come to Niederau next week. (21st Feb 2015)
I've never been there before .. don't know what to expect.

I must admit we've chosen it by default as there was not much left.

I feel pretty lucky actually, this is giving me the chance to try somewhere different and take a more relaxing approach.
I notice that there is a lift back out of Alpbach, so we should be able to get a bus back from Auffach at the end of the day.

The hotel is called Sun Shine and if the sun does shine that will suite me fine.

Now to book the Airport Parking.
& see what its going to cost to bring the skis!

Scream if you wanna go faster!
Nice friendly place, skiing is OK and you can use your pass in Oberau and Auffach (plus a few other places I think). not sure how many new lifts they have there these days - we've booked Soll this weekend and we haven't been there since 1998!

When we were there 15 years ago the snow in the valley was almost two metres deep. It was the year of the bad avalanches elsewhere, but niederau was unaffected.

Enjoy yourselves............ wink
snow conditions
Buses can take you from Niederau to Auffach where you can take a long gondola followed by one shortish red run down to a chair to bring you back to the top of the run down to Alpbach (the run only descends half-way and then you gondola the rest, using the same gondola to get back) The bus itself if free to skiers with a Ski Juwel pass (although it is questionable as to whether you should be carrying a Wildshonau card that can be got for free at most of the hotels.)

I personally would not bother with skiing at Oberau , atlthough the village does have some interesting shops and restaurants

However you are left with good options across Niederau, Auffach and Alpbach

I think the Sonnschein/Harfenwirt hotels often run a bus to the edge of the Ski Welt at Hopfgarten (which will need a ski pass upgrade) but does give access to another skiable area. This won't run every day however (I think it is usually Thursday or Friday) so you should ask in the hotel
ski holidays
Well Cheers oofaa & EggRider !
I'm already "Luvin it!"
I've just downloaded the "Next Stop Ostrich" app to my phone and worked out that I can get across in the the Wilder kaiser region if I want by taking the bus to Worgl (I didn't realise it was so close) and then around to Itter.

Roll on them Germknodels!!
snow report
@DrLawn - if you are willing to get the bus to Worgl then you can also take the train to Kitzbuhl (direct line, not sure how many stops)
latest report
@DrLawn, I think you will find that the TOs offer a trip down to Kaltenbach which will allow you to access the Skiwelt via Hopfgarten or Westerndorf. Even the taxi ride is not too expensive I believe.
snow conditions
Cheers Folks!
Well I'm going to find out ...
I bet the weather is brilliant this week ... but next week looks crap Sad
ski holidays
Quote:

Roll on them Germknodels!!

best thing to do with them, I'd say. wink

Have a great trip. And @harrim51, well done for playing chicken with Crystal. snowHead
snow report
@DrLawn, weather has been glorious sunshine all week, a bit misty at the moment but should be clear in the next couple of hours then back to sunshine for the rest of the week. Next weeks forecast seems to change every 6 hours.
ski holidays
Another bright sunny day, pistes still perfect. Off to work to give them a test Toofy Grin
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Just tripped over these reminders of my sleigh ride on my first trip to Niederau in March 2010 - proving that there is plenty of time left this season for a lot more snow for everyone to play in. I nearly fell out of the front sleigh trying to get these shots.

snow report
Snowing snowHead
snow report
Sunshine today, clouded over now with snow forecast to fall overnight / tomorrow.
latest report
More snow coming this week after a small break! Snow still good everywhere Smile
ski holidays
Lovely sunshine yesterday, been snowing all night. Off to fit the snowchains to get to work today Very Happy
snow conditions
Lots more snow overnight and the sun coming back from tomorrow - life is hard in the mountains Smile
snow report
Now you're just trying to make us all jealous - and succeeding. Grrr. Evil or Very Mad
snow conditions
Smile sorry ! Won't mention the lovely sunshine and overnight snow AT ALL!!!
ski holidays
Double - bluffing now?

I'm in a good mood this morning so I forgive you. My good luck is continuing. In the same way as I had Chris to myself all week in Niederau I had Kyle (personal trainer) all to myself for a workshop that should have had 6-11 attendees at the gym last night. Very Happy
snow conditions
Well you're obviously doing something right Smile The sunshine continues......
snow report
More sunshine to come over the next few days and the snow is still lovely Smile
snow report
@carolyn, sounds great. When is your season due to end?
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy