Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Austria: Weather in Niederau

Poster: A snowHead
@Chris_n, Yes boss. Very Happy Scaffolding is assembled for the final time this week, we're packed and about to go out for our last play in the snow this holiday.
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Still snowing, at least 3" of "Icing Sugar" snow all over, and getting deeper. Swept the mountain Laughing , taking in the Lanerkopfl Black, Merkenweisse & Mittermoos/Tennladen before calling a halt to prepare for this afternoon's transfer. Crying or Very sad
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@Chris_n, Got through this morning unscathed. Didn't go wild. After a test run from gate 5 went to the top of Tennladen, but only got 1 run down from there. I should have pushed through a gang of kids at the top and got on with it, but I gave them time to pick up some that had fallen over which meant more arrived with a teacher. She lined them up diagonally across just below the top in 2 rows of about 20 and there was no way through so I had to wait about 30 min. When I did get going I deliberately picked some steeper bits to do turns and overtook about half the kids. The other half were lined up along the ridge just below gate 5, but I managed to keep the speed up and swerve between them. After that I decided to just go down the motorway at a sensible pace into the village. Thanks for making the week so enjoyable and rewarding. See you next year. snowHead
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Still snowing, and set to carry on all week on and off! Village all white and pretty and pistes just right Smile
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Looks like it's set to be another fabulous week for everyone lucky enough to be there. snowHead

I had an eventful arrival back home last night. Got pulled by the police as I came through Swansea for being slightly over the speed limit and not staying exactly central in my lane. Obviously need to learn to drive the car again after a week learning to ski. Luckily the police were in a good mood. After a little chat about what I knew of the speed limit on various stretches of that road and why I had been distracted by sand all over the road and wondering what the weather had been doing in my absence, they breathalysed me and then said as it was clear I was just tired I should get back in my own car and go on home safely. I am so glad I didn't have 1 last holiday drink on the plane home.
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Looks like there is plenty of snow now to play in. I am so jealous! It was horrible being back in work today and wishing I was still there enjoying myself. I hope this is the start of a nice snowy run to the end of a long season this year.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...

This is just me testing to see if I can upload photos. It may not work. My laptop seems to follow slightly diferent steps to the instructions.
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
About 20cm of new snow overnight, still snowing heavily. Forecast is to snow all day and night Very Happy
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Wow! As you said last week - be careful what you wish for. I still wish I was still there. snowHead
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Oh Rhiannon, you were lucky! So glad you had such a good time Smile The snow now is better than I have experienced anywhere and I think you should just book another week and come on Back!!
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
@J Rhiannon, not going through the roadworks on the dual carriageway into Swansea were you?
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
@dobby, no I was past there. I kept within the limits for the average speed cameras and remembered to get below 30 just after the sail bridge. They clocked me by the prison and pulled me in by St Helens rugby / cricket ground. They asked me what the limit was there and I correctly guessed it was just back to 40, and they asked me what it had been by the prison. I knew that was 30. There was so much sand off the beach on the road that the lanes were covered in places, so they were happy with me saying it had distracted me from looking at my speedometer. Madeye-Smiley
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
@J Rhiannon, oops. I'd better watch it around there. Always find my speed creeping up between the prison and the cricket ground when I'm on way to Gower.
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
@carolyn, I know I was really lucky Very Happy I would love to take another week off, but there is absolutely no chance. Glad you are having such wonderful snow though. I'll try to get there for 2 weeks one year.
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
@dobby, I was very lucky to have the sand. At that time of night I would probably otherwise have been going about 20 mph faster, but it was a bit like driving through an inch or so of snow so I did genuinely look around at it. I didn't tell the nice policemen that I usually go faster. Toofy Grin
ski holidays
@Chris_n, planning on coming over on Thursday to ski with Sue and her mate from Hotel Hannes - are you and Carolyn skiing all week with groups? Be good to meet up again even if only for a hot chocolate at the end of the day.
ski holidays

This was what the view from the top of Kropfrader looked like towards the start of last week (test photo to prove I have set things up correctly)
snow report
@Samerberg Sue, Yes we both have groups all week but I'm sure we can meet up for a quick drink after work.
Back on topic, been snowing most of the day, snowing heavily now. Another 10 cm since the car park was cleared at 4.30!
snow report
@Chris_n, will contact you by text message on Thursday then! Snow looks mega! Toofy Grin
ski holidays
Clear start today with lots more snow overnight Smile
ski holidays
@Samerberg Sue, Ok see you Thursday

Got to clean the car again this morning.

Then get down the road!

latest report
@Chris_n, twould be lovely to see some photos..... please?
snow report
@Chris_n, oh - you were anticipating what I was asking as I was typing Very Happy
snow conditions
Glorious day today, knee deep snow everywhere Very Happy

snow conditions
@skime2, I don't seem to have bumped into you in the bars after all last week - although I may be mistaken. How did your hinged knee supports pan out? Mine were well worth getting. Very Happy Very Happy
snow conditions
Snowing again! Another 5cm or so overnight snowHead
snow report
@Chris_n, that knee deep stuff looks like it would be great fun to fall over in.....
ski holidays
I definitely came home a week too early. 2 weeks minimum is obviously the requirement for Niederau. snowHead
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
@J Rhiannon, don't know about you but my knees would need a day off in the middle.
snow report
@Chris_n, sorry to have missed you and Carolyn today but we spent a long time wandering round the fortress in Kufstein. Maybe we can ski together the next time you have a free week. I finish with rehab in the middle of next month so I will have more free time on Thursdays and Fridays.

Sue's hand is giving her a lot of trouble so she is not skiing much this week. She had an op on the knuckle and it does not seem to be healing properly at all. Sad
snow report
@dobby, nah! Build up muscle to support the knees as the days go by. Stamina may be more of an issue. Knees always in a lot of pain anyway, but far more of a struggle to get about 20 paces from desk to kettle at work today than to skid down Mittermoos last Friday or tumble down Kropfrader in wake of boot still attached to ski last Wednesday. May need a day without washing opiates down with alcohol though. Toofy Grin

Last edited by Poster: A snowHead on Fri 30-01-15 8:12; edited 1 time in total
snow conditions
@J Rhiannon,
Didn't make it to the bars in Niederau last week although did ski there.Was going to take some of the ski group to the Instructors display but unfortunately it had been cancelled that Sunday.
The brace was great managed to do more skiing than I thought on the reds and a couple of blacks, although since I got back to the uk the knee has been aching so have given the gym a miss for this week.
Can't believe I am back to a seven day working week wish I was back skiing.It seems so long ago.
May see you next year.
latest report
@skime2, seems like the braces were a success all around. I pencilled in some dates on next year's leave chart today to make work seem more tolerable. Maybe we will bump into each other next year.
snow report
Last minute update for anyone heading out tomorrow, pistes in excellent condition, off piste skiroutes are all open. Another couple of cm of new snow last night just to keep everything looking fresh. More light sow forecast for the coming week.
@Samerberg Sue, yeah shame we couldn't meet. Will let you know if I have any time off. We ussually don't have ski school on Fridays other than clients wanting an extra day private so should be able to arrange something.

Last edited by You need to Login to know who's really who. on Sat 31-01-15 14:03; edited 1 time in total
snow report
Another few cm of snow last night, glorious sunshine most of the day today snowHead
latest report
Here starts another week of great snow. Mixture of sun and snow is expected today Smile
snow report
It must be a lovely crisp clear evening there tonight. I am watching the Red School ski show from the Auhof webcam live as it happens and I have never been able to see it so clearly. l can even make out the individual skiers coming down and just watched the flaming hoop come alight. Very Happy
snow report
Ha ha did you see Des on his duo skis with Eloise on the front? They were with the one ski team! Started snowing yesterday afternoon and been coming and going all night. You were lucjy to see from the webcam as I had no goggles on and was blind as a bat!! Just as well as we all keep going left, right, left, right Smile
ski holidays
It did go very blurred just after the hoop lit up and I couldn't see the end of it at all. I did wonder if the snow had come in heavier and was blocking the lens, but soon after that all the views went dark so I thought it might just have been switched off. I see you have a bit more snow forecast every day for the next week or so. snowHead
latest report
Ah well the snow did get heavier and we are expecting cloud sun combinations til the weekend, then snow! The webcam runs from 6am to 10pm Austrian time, by the way! Smile
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy