Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Austria: Weather in Niederau

Poster: A snowHead
Big improvement on the mountain today, about 5cm of new snow. Saturday still looks promising for a good 30 cm or so. @scottief, keep that Makem snow dance going!
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
That's great news. I was on the SkiWelt today and intend getting over to Alpbach tomorrow after hitting the Neiderau blacks first thing in the morning. Very Happy
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Am sat here doing a little seated snow dance for the Welsh in Austria.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Things are starting to look good for my arrival on Saturday. snowHead
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@dobby, when are you coming out and where are you staying? I have some Welsh friends arriving on the 24th, staying at the Hafenwirt. I won't be able to ki with them sadly, but I'm definitely coming down for a rink (even if it is non-alcoholic)! wink
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
@Samerberg Sue,
Quote:

some Welsh friends

Niederau seems very popular with the Welsh, judging by the posts in this topic. We met a Welsh girl called Laura there on our first visit to Niederau 26 years ago, and have seen her there a few times on return trips. We have friends coming to stay here with us next week who we also met on that first family ski trip.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Pistes in Niederau were excellent this morning, wasn't going to go out today as it is a day off but when I saw the sun shining on the Rosskopf I couldn't resist. Looked like a nasty accident on the Mittermoos (red 23) round about lunch time helicopter landing up there is unusual.
@Samerberg Sue, Give me a shout when you are coming and we can have a catch up. @Pamski, Niederau certainly does seem like a popular destination for the Welsh, we seem to get lots of Irish too.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@Samerberg Sue, I'm not. Just snow dancing for the Welsh contingent. I'm off to Norway which is inundated with snow. Just spreading the love. Hope to get to niederau some day as it sounds like a great place. One year I'm going to do a whole 2 weeks' skiing and then I'll make it to niederau.
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
All packed and ready to set off before dawn. Car is loaded. Hope it snows there in the night. snowHead
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
@J Rhiannon, enjoy. Post some snow reports.
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
About to set off and it has flipping snowed here! Speed restrictions in place on M4 and an accident near Bridgend already.
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
@J Rhiannon, make sure you bring that snow, it's raining here atm

Edit it's snowing down to village level now!
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Snowing heavily Smile
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Snowed all day and all night and all is looking as it should Smile Very quiet week so I have this week free for playing Smile
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
@carolyn, all well with the world then. Have fun.
snow report
Fantastic news about the snow.... Just hang on to it, arriving 24th!! Thanks so much for the updates, getting excited!
ski holidays
More forecast for next weekend too
latest report
Lovely sunny and cold day after snowing lightly all night. More sunshine tomorrow, cannons are running now. Had a good day skiing with @J Rhiannon.

snow report
@Chris_n, Thanks for a cracking day. I thoroughly enjoyed it. We heard the canons as we were walking back for dinner. snowHead
ski holidays
@Chris_n, I should have said today was well tidy. I forget I lives in Swansea now. Toofy Grin
ski holidays
Think today will be very special, minus ten early this morning. Checked out all the pistes yesterday with my husband, and found them all to be fabulous - better go again today just to make sure Smile
snow conditions
Sun rising on the Rosskopf this morning

ski holidays
Another great day yesterday, some early light cloud soon burned off to leave a cold sunny day with pistes in perfect condition. Had a quick blast with carolyn before work then spent another good day with J Rhiannon.

Cold again this morning with snow cannons running in the village and on the Mountain.
snow conditions
Couldn't be any better Smile
ski holidays
Snow was perfect today especially in the morning. Well done J Rhiannon, 2x Kropfrader from the top. Mittermoos tomorrow!
latest report
@Chris_n, Roll on tomorrow then. I hope the conditions are similar to today. Cool
ski holidays
@Chris_n, thanks for posting those photos - made me all nostalgic as Niederau was my first skiing holiday, nine years ago. Funny how I remember the village beginner's slopes as being much steeper than they look in your photo.
ski holidays
Minus 11 this morning and the sun is coming up, better go and ski Smile
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
@carolyn, you may as well. Smile
snow conditions
I did and it was perfect Smile Went over to Alpbach and had lots of fun. Ski School race today in Niederau, where all the best slopes are Smile Snow is coming tomorrow for the next week at least!!
ski holidays
Another glorious day in Niederau. Snow forecast for tomorrow too!

latest report
Two sleeps!
latest report
We will have the snow waiting for you!!
snow report
Low cloud on the top today, so poor visibility. However it is sprinkling with very light snow as I type. Meant to be more coming. Black 15/16 very well groomed overnight and not much traffic this morning, so I am having fun on the steep.
ski holidays
@EggRider, Mittermoos done! Still in
1 piece. Only 2 crashes. snowHead
snow conditions
Jumbulance arrives on the 1st!! Should be out on the slopes 2nd (possibly late on the 1st)!!

Have started the snow dance to keep the conditions topped up Smile
snow report
@Chris_n, Today's workout must have been more intense than I realised. Knees and thighs are still burning. Made it to Flatschers after dinner where people are all still talking about what a great week they have had. Not so sure about ability to walk back to the Harfenwirt after. Boss (Sepp) is with us, so singing your praises. Snowing heavily now.
ski holidays
Sprinkling snow has been constant, but not heavy, all day, today. Looks like it will get heavier for those inbound this weekend. Finished the week in style, Blueberry Schnaps in Jochalm follwed by human slalom all the way down 19.
snow report
@J Rhiannon, Don't forget that it is you that has done most of the hard work but a good word in the bosses ear never comes in wrong wink Make sure you get your boots sorted out for next year and don't overdo it tomorrow!
ski holidays
Sounds like a fabulous week all round Smile Looking forward to seeing you Jumbulance guys again. EggRider, Like the name, and thanks for what you brought me Smile Snowing still and all clean and white again Smile
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy