Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Austria: Weather in Niederau

Poster: A snowHead
Well we all hope so, it was minus 3.5 this morning and even if it does melt a bit there should be plenty up at the top. Have a look at snowcrewniederau on favebook and you shouold be reassured with all the photos of the snow making Smile But we will keep the snow dance going just in case!!
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Looks like it'll be very mild over next few days. Sad
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Lovely cold morning for the start of the winter season. Had a trip to Auffach this morning. Pretty quiet this morning with not a great deal open but work going on to prepare more pistes for tomorrow.

snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
@Chris_n, are you back for the season Chris?
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Hi Sue, yes I'm back for the season, staying in the Auhof again.
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
@Chris_n, maybe see you for a day's skiing again this year if my shoulder is not adversely affected by my 3 weeks in Altenmarkt over Christmas and New Year. The two Welsh ladies are returning as well, so watch out wink
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@Pamski, Found it - thanks.
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@Chris_n, Great picture. Can't wait to get out there again. Very Happy
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
@carolyn, Hey Carolyn
Whats the snow like, We come a week today and have to say Im extremely worried????
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
HI Kerry, well it isn't looking wonderful at the moment, looking at the snow crew pictures I think the upper slopes should be ok. Forecast is for some bits and pieces of snow this week. The machines have made lots of snow and we will step up the snow dancing Smile
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
@Samerberg Sue, Yes that would be nice, give me a shout when you are coming.
Snowing on top of the Schatzberg this morning!
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Hi Carolyn,

Do you know what the ski schools will do with beginners for Christmas week as obviously its still likely to be green at the bottom?

For those of a better level likely to do lessons will they start at Auffach - or will they cram in at the top?

Also looking forward to Christmas Carols this year (assuming its being done again), as little one won't be allowed to object this year!
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Had a morning at Auffach again today, was snowing yesterday when I was up there and was cold enough to make snow too. Sorry couldn't arrange for nice blue skies for pics wink

wink
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
@TallGuyUK, Everyone in the red ski school will start at Auffach on Sunday.
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Thanks Chris.

Was thinking that likely - wasn't sure whether to book in red school or through Auffach ski school
snow report
Have heard from Auffach ski-school that without snow at the middle station they are not running beginners lessons on Sunday
snow report
I had a txt from the niederau team @ crystalski this morning.

red ski school have confirmed ski school for beginners will take place at top of mountain, and intermediate lessons in Auffach - this is all from this sunday...
they hope for more snow by 27th which is when we are heading out there....

chris
latest report
The Reds are meeting at 9 in Niederau and taking things from there. There has been a touch of snow on the Marchbackjoch overnight - more will be along soon surely Smile
snow conditions
So we started Ski School in Auffach yesterday and there are a couple of red runs open and you can ski to the middle station and over to Alpbach. Last night it was very cold and the cannons here in Niederau are all going full gas now! Snow is forecast for this Thursday and getting colder after that, too. Will let you know how it goes! Smile
snow conditions
Appears to be very mild in next few days - will negate the best efforts of the cannons.
Sustained cold weather (hopefully with a few robust snow showers) from Friday onwards should finally see onset of winter.
snow conditions
People are saying that as it gets colder tomorrow that there may be enough man made snow to do something here from Sunday, but that's with fingers crossed I think. Today should be the last warm day for a while! Happy Christmas to everyone Smile
ski holidays
Yey! That sounds promising. I'll keep dancing Happy See you on Sunday ❄️🎿🙏😃
snow conditions
yes see you sunday, crystalski are updating on twitter from niederau and its skiable (is that correct spelling?) in auffach at the moment that they are laying buses onto.
snow conditions
Snowing heavily can't see the slopes from the apartment but here are a couple of pics of the garden etc. About 10 cm in the last hour. Cannons have been running all night. Off to fit the snow chains so I can get to work this morning Very Happy

snow conditions
News from lift company is Niederau not yet open but looks very promising for Sunday Smile Phew!!
ski holidays
So, doesn't look as if I need to take my MTB gear over after all! Best pack the skiing gear ready for the 10th.
latest report
Oh yes Smile still snowing and expected to sat below freezing for the time being!
snow report
Was told today that Niederau slopes will open tomorrow Smile Fingers crossed.
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
View from the Auhof at dawn this morning, Pisten Bully working on the Stenzer piste.

snow conditions
More snow overnight and the cannons are on full gas still. Piste bashers all over the place Smile
snow conditions
I feel a bit like Max Boyce - when I went into the internet Wilderness before Christmas there was very little snow in Niederau. The I got back online, and "The Divine Intervention" seems to apply as snow has fallen and seems to still be falling. Can't wait to get out there in a few weeks.
snow report
That's what we need to see - white rooftops and busy piste bashers. Keep that dancing going please. snowHead
ski holidays
Minus 15.5 this morning first thing Smile piste bashers still busy, as are the cannons. Plenty snow and more on the way. Clear skies so far this morning.
latest report
This is great I am coming out on the 17th
latest report
Been no more than -5 in the village all day, started snowing at lunchtime, about 4 inches of new snow lying on the road up to the Auhof after work. Due to keep snowing for the next couple of days Madeye-Smiley
ski holidays
Snowed lightly all night, another 4 inches on the car this morning. Still cold.
snow conditions
Great news, thanks for the update. Looking forward to our trip on the 10th. Madeye-Smiley
ski holidays
Rwdlyn your have to keep me up to date as I am following you out there on the 17th
ski holidays
Cleared the car park last night, this is what we woke up to this morning

The car was clear too last night, the right hand side is partially under the eaves

snow report
Hey ho, that's global warming Smile looks like snow today and some sunshine tomorrow
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy