Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Please help a solo skiier!

Poster: A snowHead
Morecambe - they saw the tide come in once there. It's in the Guinness Book of Records.
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
kuwait_ian, It's since been discovered that it was in fact an eerily coincidental simultaneous bog flush by the population of Lancaster and has been removed from the GBR.
However an object that destroyed 10 metres off the end of central pier 2 days later has entered the GBR as the largest floating ‘jobby’ ever recorded
Coincidence?
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I thought it was Southport where the tide never came in?! Puzzled

Morcambe has some silly statues! Very Happy
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Funky Angel, not sure if you'll still be looking at these as there's so many, but if so maybe I can help. I've recently set up a sports and adventure club called 8th Day UK (www.8thdayuk.com) which organises loads of weekends away and holidays (including of course skiing) for our members. Admittedly membership costs a little bit (£12 a month), but you get loads of discounts for that, and of course you get to go away and do loads of cool things (skiing, dog sledding, kitesurfing, sailing, fencing, diving etc) with groups of like-minded people.
The club is a bit London-focused at the moment, but we have a country membership which is half-price so you can come on weekends and holidays etc, even if you have to forego the mid-week stuff. Most members so far are between 28-35, and are a good laugh!!
Hope this is of interest, and that the forum bosses don't throw me out for such a blatant plug - just seemed relevant!!
Cheers!
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
pollittcl wrote:
D G Orf, Very Happy Very Happy (re Blackpool)

Masque, it's not too bad if you go in the middle of winter, and in the pouring rain - saying that we only went 'coz it had been 20 years since the previous visit! Went to Morcambe last time instead! (family tradition thing) Very Happy
Welcome to the Blitzen & D G Orf show..................Oh well Funky, thanx fer replying anyhow.
I guess I was museing WAYYYY above my head, Guess I'll stick to the script , Have luck
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Tommie39, no script arround here, I only removed your phone number because there are certain silly people who might take advantage of you, for the same reason we advise you not to post your email address in a public forum, instead we advise you to send a personal message with such details direct to whoever you may wish to contact
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Tommie39, now I'm really confused, because you've quoted me, and it seems out of context! Things do get a bit silly around here, but if you hang around long enough you'll get the idea. I suppose we're not really being very fair because there are a number of threads that have got interlinked, but that's half the fun! And we can be serious when we need to be. snowHead snowHead
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Coningsby, welcome to snowHead snowHeads snowHead Relevant answers to a question are usually OK. If you'd started a new topic as a first time poster with your plug it might have been pulled wink
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Pollittcl and D G Orf, sorry if any of my writeings are missconstrued (?)...I'm not quite up with all this IT stuff or the way to phrase it (I actually have to SQUEEZE half an hour here, and ten mins there and only when I can treble park my lorry in Plymouth high street and hit a Cy-cafe) so I guess I'm a bit panicked and rushed.......What I DID want to say is...I'm glad I,ve found such a great site, with kickin links, many congratulations and when I get a bit of time at the Weekend, in between Surfin and D.I.Y. I'll be straight down the library to accses all the booty, anyway...Tacho break is up...Laterz & Thanxs again
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Tommie39, Not misconstrued at all - I was just a bit confused, but that's normal!

Anyway, Welcome to snowHeads, please join us when you can, and don't get a parking ticket! Very Happy snowHead
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
And im very confused by most of the last few messages....!
anyway, i havent booked anything yet but ive been looking at different options and quite fancy doing a Mark Warner chalet hotel. They look really nice and seem to be aimed at singles/groups, plus i could offer to do a room share and if they cant find another female to share with me i get the room to myself for no extra supplement. Has anyone been on a Mark Warner ski hol and can tell me what they are like?
Thanks
Helen
Little Angel
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
I've been on quite a few Mark Warner holidays, and they're really good. The food is pretty good, and the ski guiding is very useful if you're staying on your own. The clientele do tend to be overwhelmingly middle class though. I would also make sure that I chose an adults only hotel as they tend to attract a lot of families.
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Ah well looks like funky angel, won't be going to Wengen then Crying or Very sad
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
D G Orf, don't take it personally, it might be the location not the companionship that is the problem! Very Happy wink
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
I am still considering your very kind offer DG Orf ........ wink
Where is Wengen anyway?
ski holidays
D G Orf,

Quote:

Where is Wengen anyway?

Ouch! Shocked
snow report
funky angel wrote:
Where is Wengen anyway?

Laughing Laughing Laughing

Back of beyond I hear Very Happy
snow conditions
marc gledhill wrote:
Back of beyond I hear Very Happy

Back of the hill beyond my garden actually Very Happy
snow report
funky angel,
Wengen is a well known resort in the middle of Switzerland. And if the snow is good then is a must visit sometime. If anyone pretty local in any village offered to ski and maybe show you around that would be a very good offer, particuarly in a place like Wengen which not so long ago was very highly rated in the alpes and probaly still is in terms of history and doing things a certain way. Expect a well-heeled and traditional chocolate box alpine village.

Mark Warner do very good chalet hols a cut above the average, generally. Their choice of resorts is very good.
snow conditions
JT, actually you could be quite poor in Wengen, but it definately still rates chocolate boxes, I know cos I've got one somewhere ! It can also be found on jigsaw puzzles, and is the home of this weekends FIS event the classic Lauberhorn down hill race, longest of all the downhill races Cool
latest report
I quite fancy going to France really, but im a bit concerned about the lack of snow! Do you guys just book and hope for the best or do you wait till ski conditions are good (and then presumably the price goes up?). Sorry to keep asking so many questions but i do appreciate the good advice - thanks.
Helen
ski holidays
funky angel, generally the later that you leave it, the cheaper that it gets. I tend to book last minute if I'm going on my own, earlier if going in a group.
latest report
funky angel, I'm going to Wengen because I know there will be sufficient snow to have fun when I get there, I have a certain reputaion among some of the locals that goes something like, oh look it's blowing a blizzard, where's David ? Has he arrived yet or is he due here in the next couple of days ? wink I've even been there in July and had it snow Shocked

Still you go off to France, I know where the snow will be Cool
snow report
D G Orf,

Well, with a line like that I'd be there....!!!
snow report
JT, yes but it looks like nobody believes me Laughing
snow conditions
funky angel wrote:
Hi everyone,
I am planning a ski trip to Europe (preferably France or Italy, ive been to Andorra and America) for sometime at the end of January or February 2005. I am a 34 year old female, im pretty sociable and outgoing and like to party. Unfortunately, none of my friends ski so it looks like i'll be going on my own. So the help i need is: where is the best place to go to meet other 30 somethings? Ive considered Val D'Isere but im not sure if it would be a bit young for me? Ive looked at friendship travel and solo holidays but both were fairly expensive and very limited on places. Should i book a hotel or a catered chalet? Or does anyone have any space on their chalet holiday? I live in Exeter but i am willing to travel to Gatwick etc .
Any help or advice is gratefully received!
Thanks
Smile

Hi, don't know if this will be of interest but one of my party has injured herself whilst mountain biking (2 weeks before skiing?! not clever!) and is probably dropping out of our holiday to Tignes. We are departing January 29th for 1 week, and are in a chalet in Tignes Les Brevieres. I will be speaking to her today/tomorrow to see if she is definitely out.
There are 7 in our group, and the potential spare place is in a triple room.
However the other 2 places in the room are blokes (me and a mate) - so that may put you off (I've just realised how seedy this could sound if you took it wrong!)...
Anyway, the cost was £409, with me and my mate going from Manchester and Tracey-the-injured going (conveniently) from Gatwick...meeting in Geneva airport & then coach transfer to Tignes.
Age-wise 5 out of the 7 of us are 30ish and over...
If this is of interest send me a message & I'll give you full details...

Cheers & good luck whatever you do!

Glenn

Last edited by snowHeads are a friendly bunch. on Mon 17-01-05 11:31; edited 1 time in total
latest report
Chippy,

If Funky Angel isn't interested in filling this slot, I am! I too have been looking to tag along with a group and w/c 29th Jan is my preferred date. I'd be travelling from Gatwick and I know Tignes (through having holidayed at Val D'Isere a few years ago). I'm an intermediate skier and am looking to join a group as I have recently "separated" not only from my wife, but also from (effectively) form the groups we used to ski with. Like angel, my liking for apres ski is more advanced than my standard of skiing...
If there's a slot please message here or email me on hattonjohnp@hotmail.com. Regards, John
snow conditions
If they don't ski, why are they your friends?
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Hi everyone,

Well i've just managed to sort out my ski holiday!! I have arranged to go to Val Disere on a Mark Warner holiday with another girl on a room share. I'll post more on another thread... So you are welcome to my place Tomcat.

Thanks for everyones advice, and sorry i won't be joining you in Wengen DGOrf wink Hope you have a fantastic time.

Helen
ski holidays
Ah well, have fun rolling eyes
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy