Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Instruction/Schools - Espace Killy

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Can someone please suggest a school/instructor in either Val or Tignes for maybe a couple of afternoons instruction? Not too keen on spending half the week on instruction when I feel I'll benifit simply from the time by myself on the pistes.

As for my ability - I've learnt the Army ski-or-die way, although taught by civillian instructor, who I think tend to push us a little harder due to the negated risk of us damaging their insurance premiums! Never having skiied to moderate blacks in 13 days. I'm fairly confident on steeper pisted runs, although struggle a bit on the bumps/mogals; although I think, in my head, I know how to get over that if I just put the time into it! Also struggle in powder and that nasty thick sticky stuff with the crust!

Thanks for any help.
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
IanB, We've had good experiences of private lessons with Evolution2 in Tignes.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
IanB, welcome to Snowheads. I had thought this question would've been answered already, but oddly a quick search says no....

I've not taken lessons from any Tignes instructors, but you can try the usual ski schools: first stop

Someone on this site gave Snowcool a good write-up recently, and Evolution 2 is well respected (they have a small network of schools across the French Alps). Usual buyer beware warnings attach to EFS, but who knows - they might be ok there.

Happy learning!
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Mountain Masters. Excellent - have used them a couple of times. They might not be the cheapest, but in my book value for money is more important than absolute cost. A couple of their guys have left - one might have started up his own British outfit there, so check that out...
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
IanB, I can vouch for Mountain Masters too. They're not quite the cheapest but as masopa said, value for money is what counts. Been with them twice and on both occasions my skiing improved 100%. Their website is www.mountain-masters.com/about/news.htm
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
IanB, I can vouch for Mountain Masters too. They're not quite the cheapest but as masopa said, value for money is what counts. Been with them twice and on both occasions my skiing improved 100%. Their website is www.mountain-masters.com/about/news.htm
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
IanB, I used Evo2 in both Val and Tignes last year, with family and with mates and found them really good. Very flexible on what and where and also very nicle blokes.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
IanB, Ditto with Evo2 in Val.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
I've seen EFS mentioned elsewhere in a less than joyful manner... can someone expand please? Blush

I had a look at the Evo site linked to Tignes, and quiet fancy doing one of their off piste afternoons if the snow conditions are going to be upto it (which I appriciate, at the moment looks pretty unlikely!).
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
IanB, again, ditto Evo2. They were recommended to me by our "founding father" and an excellent recommendation it was.
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
I've heard very good things about the new New Generation set-up in Val d'Isère... Ken Smith's the manager, www.skinewgen.com +33 621 84 16 57
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Hi,

Have used ESF in Tignes but the only problem is that they have very few english instructors and so you end up in a very mixed range of standards!!! 2 years ago i actually transferred to a french group as the standard was too low, which was a very interesting experience i can say! But the skiing was a lot better and at the end of the day that is what matters, think the smile at the end of a run when you feel you have acheived something is the same in any language!!! Very Happy
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Can I just pitch in for Evolution 2 as well - had the best lessons I've ever had with them last year in Tignes. I had group lessons with them that were far, far better than private lessons I've had with ESF. I would recommend them to anyone.
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
IanB, there was a previous thread about this, but go with the recommendations you've got here. I don't know Evolution 2 but they have a good rep, and ski NewGeneration have a good rep everywhere they are at the moment. Mountain Masters might not be the force they used to be, but I may be doing them an unintentional disservice saying that.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy