Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Dynastar Skis - does anyone sell them in the UK?

Poster: A snowHead
Er, I think the title says it all. I certainly can't find them online (or at least on Google) and thier website says "NON" too.
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I am hoping to try some in the alpes as the legends series look interesting..!!

Which ones are you after..?
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
JT,My list of possible skiis lengthens by the day.

Ssh has me looking at B5's and RX8's, others say try the Legend 8000. Rossi B2's are still on the list as are Head Monster 75's.

Then I find cheap Blizzards for sale near Castleford Xscape - I'd like a pair for this season, but I could end up demo-ing for the whole of the first trip if I'm not careful.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
marc, Dynstars are available, in fact I can obtain them for you, do you know what model you want? Look bindings are made to directly fit Dynastars, if you pm me with your details I'll get some prices for you.

Last edited by You need to Login to know who's really who. on Thu 6-01-05 18:30; edited 1 time in total
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
David@traxvax, Ok, pm you tonight. Thanks for that.
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
marc gledhill,

You list is the same as mine. I am a Dynastar fan so am interested in trying the 6200 and 8000.
I don't know what the waist is on either and don't want anything much over 75m for an all-rounder.

I know Ssh raves about the b5 so I want to demo that and also the monster 75. The RX8 holds less appeal as I
want an off-piste performer in all-mountain conditions.

I have tried the B2 in 182 and thought the 184 XX was much much better all-round.

Might give 724 EXP a go as well but not if I get on the b5 and love it.
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
you can get them from telemark-pyrenees
last season:
http://www.telemark-pyrenees.com/shop/index.php?cPath=1_53_54

this season:
http://www.telemark-pyrenees.com/shop/index.php?cPath=1_53_163

I suppose I'd better think about compiling a list of skis I want to try. Then again I could just follow the time - tested method of planning to turn up at the ski shop and see what they have available, but never actually making it as it seems like too much hassle Smile
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
nbt,

I always have a list of skis that I want to ski on. And this determines which shop I eventually use.
You will probably have to pay a higher rate for these skis but that is what I do.
I also talk to the technician about what I want the ski to do and they have mostly been informed and
even educational. I got turned on to Stoclki's that way. In fact I can't remember when I last had a bad ski. Apart from last year when I hired a Rossi B2 - it was my idea - and took it back the next day and used XX's.

I will check the address's you posted but mostly I hire. Even if i go 3 times year I find I ski on new skis, never have to worry about servicing them and even though I am very careful about rocks I don't really need to worry.
In fact I almost pride myself on taking back skis with no damage to the soles....

The down sides are that you never truely get to know the ski like you would your own and the cost. 6 weeks of hire-ski would buy you just about any ski package you want, I think. But I don't have to prep them other than giving the edges a going over etc and I don't have to carry them although as we mostly travel by car this is not too much a factor anymore.

But I understand that at this rate I could easily afford new skis every 3 years or so tho' if I end up on Bandits XX's this year I will change my mind on this..!!

So for this year my target is
1) b5's ...
2) Dynstar Legends
3) Head Monster 75....
and then others..
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
JT, you missed an important bit...
nbt wrote:
planning to turn up at the ski shop and see what they have available, but never actually making it as it seems like too much hassle Smile
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
nbt,

You can do that if you take your own skis but I hire now ever since I blew out a side-wall on a nearly new set of skis a few years back.

But as I don't carry skis I am always done the hire-shop.

Having said all that, if I find a pair I really really like I will probably buy them this year...
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
JT, the Intuitive 74s are 74mm waist (obvious when you think about it), the Legend 8000s are 79mm. If anyone wants some Intuitive 74s dynastar_skis_offers" target="_blank" class="postlink">the place I got my Legends are selling unused ones (i.e. last years stock) at less than 1/2 list (Eur249).
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
GrahamN, thanks for that link. Two points, are the 74's really just the same as the 6200 withchanged graphics?

Did you have any problem with ordering them from abroad, tax Etc.?
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
marc gledhill, I don't know how accurate that statement about 6200==74 is, but have no reason to doubt it. Maybe David@traxvax has more insider information. I was very tempted by their offer on the 74, as the instructor I had last year swore by them, but I felt they may be a bit narrow for me (as I'm not a lightweight), and I didn't want to go to 188s. It would appear from here that not everyone gets on with Dynastars or Rossis (my old skis), but it may all be a matter of how they match your technique. The 74s clearly can turn well, as after spending all week getting us to ski flatter on the snow, I saw that instructor go into a tight carve and execute a perfect 360 (well maybe only about 300) turn with a radius of no more than 2m - although he was just about lying on the slope to do it.

No problem about taxes for shipments within the EU (that website is for a shop/tour-operator in the middle of Germany). Remember Switzerland is not in the EU though if you ever buy anything from there. France actually has a 19.5% VAT rate, but I don't think you can claim back the difference (although am open to correction). He also said that his card reader sometimes rejected UK credit cards, but my Barclaycard worked fine.
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
I rented the Dynastar Legend 4800 last week in the US (in a 172cm, which was the shortest length the rental shop had: I'm 5'7" and 65kg, so could ski shorter). It was a nice ski. Holds a good edge and is dynamic on the groomed, and reasonably agile in the bumps. No problem cutting through the chop, either.

Since the term "all-mountain" usually means delivering equally poor performance under all conditions, I was very pleased by their versatility. If I'd been demoing these with a view to buying, I'd have been seriously tempted.
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
It's my understanding that the Intuitiv series and the legend series are essentially the same skis but I've no evidence that this the case, just what I've been told. I haven't tried the Legends I'm still more than happy with my Intuitiv 71's. As a matter of interest our local ski shop, Twinner in La Rosiere have Legend 4800 and Look 11 bindings avalable as a package @ 469Euros. Allowing for French TVA that isn't far off UK import prices.
ski holidays
David@traxvax wrote:
It's my understanding that the Intuitiv series and the legend series are essentially the same skis but I've no evidence that this the case, just what I've been told. I haven't tried the Legends I'm still more than happy with my Intuitiv 71's. As a matter of interest our local ski shop, Twinner in La Rosiere have Legend 4800 and Look 11 bindings avalable as a package @ 469Euros. Allowing for French TVA that isn't far off UK import prices.
David@traxvax,

I am after some Dynastar skicross 9 or 10 in 170cm, would you be able to obtain them.
I daon't mind the 2003/4 model with the slightly narrower waist.
Many thanks
Paul
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy