Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Staying in Interlaken, skiing in Grindelwald/Wengen?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
My Girlfriend and I have booked to stay in Interlaken at half-term, we got a good deal with Kuoni to stay in the Swiss Chalet (£1000 h.b. for two adults and two kids for 9 days!, flights with easyjet etc.) all in all it seems to have worked out (relatively) cheap. However, this involves getting to the slopes every day. We're lead to believe the train journey is straightforward and not unpleasant, but I'm starting to wonder if it's going to be too much hassle (bit late now!). Anybody had any experience of same. Planning on kids being in Ski school at Grindelwald and exploring from there (never skied Switzerland before!).
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Not done that, but the journey to Wengen is about 40 mins from Interlaken Ost, and involves a change in Lauterbrunnen. The change involves crossing the platform and the other train should be waiting for you. You'd need to change at Lauterbrunne to go to Murren too. If you stayed in Lauterbrunnen you'd also have to get the train, so providing you're not too far from one of the stations on that route (e.g. you may be nearer to Wilderswil, so check which is your nearest station when you get there), it shouldn't add too long onto your journey. I'm sure our local experts can confirm or deny that though (if they haven't beaten me to it). Also, I think that there's a couple of (very) small resorts also near Interlaken for a bit of variety (or there's Teddy Land Very Happy ).
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
bigpig, you will be about 5 minutes walk from Interlaken West Station which is going to be a Pain, Interlaken Ost is covered by the Jungfrauu Region Ski Pass also there is a bus from the Town Center (about 10 or 15 mins walk from your hotel) that goes to Wilderswil that is also covered by the Ski Pass but I'm pretty certain that Interlaken West Station is not covered so you need to walk to Interlaken West Staion, get on a train at Interlaken West go down to the Terminus at Interlaken Ost, change Trains and go to Grindelwald or Lautebrunnen, by train, If the kids are fairly young and have never skied before or done very little skiing I suggest you go to Wengen Ski School as they seem to treet kids better than Grindelwald (Only from my Observations on the Slopes) Expect to have to get an early breakfast each day you need to be at the ski schools I think for just before 10 though it might be 9.30, the trains are all fine to travel on but it will be a pain Allow over 1 hour from leaving the hotel to getting on the slopes each day and the same on return
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
bigpig, welcome to snowHeads snowHead

I too would suggest using one of the Wengen ski schools....simply because the slopes that they use are easier to access. The Gridelwald ski school tend to ski at First at least half of the time, which involves a bus/or 10 min walk from Grindelwald station and then a gondola. The Wengen schools tend to ski KS/Manlichen which is slightly easier to access.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
According to SBB there's a bus from Interlaken West to Wilderswil station at 07:10, 07:40 and 08:10 (I gues they go later, too). It takes about ten minutes and the 08:10 one gets you onto the 08:25 from Wilderswil, which gets you to Lauterbrunnen for 08:45, the 08:50 from there gets you to Wengen for 09:00. So yeah, about 1 hr from the hotel, but should get you there in time for a 9:30 start.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Thanks for the feedback folks, looks like we'll have to take personal stereos and plenty of comics for the commuting!!!
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
bigpig, check this flyer out. Looks what you're after, though is only to Grindlewald. I found it on here.
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
That's really useful, thanks again Skanky.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy