Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Discount Online Skis?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
A couple of weeks ago someone (ise?) posted with a URL to a discounting german retailer who seemed to have some pretty good deals on last and prior seasons skis.

Anyone recall who the retailer was or have other suggestions?

Many thanks,

DM
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
http://www.sportexpressonline.de/ but it was this years stuff. My Volkls turns out to be a piece of flimsy junk but I don't suppose it's the fault of Sport Express.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
ise, had u not tried that model before u bought them? Or was it a case of similarly (but, critically, not identically) branded skis.

I noticed the case of the Salomon Crossmax LTD (see the eponymous thread) where Decathalon was selling them really cheaply but rather than them being 'very cheap crossmax skis' they were more like 'very cheap skis with the crossmax name on'.

Now why "LTD" should distinguish a model as being of lower quality I don't know. What could it stand for?
"Less Than Decent"?
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
I skied the 4* for a week and the 5* briefly, the ski handles just like I wanted it to, it's just too fragile, the base is just too thin to last all season. Hopefully by the end of season bash Precision will having their sale so I'll have to buy some more Atomics which will almost certainly be indestructible.

I have contacted Volkl actually and I'm waiting to hear what they have to say about it..

Last edited by You need to Login to know who's really who. on Wed 5-01-05 19:50; edited 1 time in total
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Cavaet Emptor I think U, I've always understood LTD to mean limited and I've usually taken that to be a warning, rather than a mark of exclusivity.
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Atomic are doing a Bode Miller brand ski suposedly based on the GS11 but not available in the 11 lengths or with the same profile. It's a much cheaper SX9 with a new topsheet and 25% higher markup. NOT funny!
Mind you on eBay someone's just paid 280squid for 3 year old crossmax 8's, It's amazing what brand name and ignorance can achieve . . . hats off to the seller!
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Hi ise,

Thanks, I'll have a look. ...carefully!

Cheers.

DM
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Forgot about Telemark Pyrenees, I've never used them but I hear good reports.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
try these guys, they look pretty good. proper ski's, no hype.

http://www.glideslide.co.uk/welcometoglidesl.html

cheers

bob
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Bob,

Thanks for that too!
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
I've just brought a new pair of Salomon streetracer 10 + S912ti bindings(04/05) from there ebay site cost £250 with postage and the £10 bank charge that Natwest add for transferring money into there account, skis only cost £202.

So it might be worth checking out what they've got on there ebay auction.

David
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
what's their ebay id davidb? Have you a link to one of their auctions?
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
http://search.ebay.co.uk/_W0QQgotopageZ1QQsassZsportexpressgmbhQQsorecordsperpageZ50QQsosortpropertyZ1
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy