Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

1st time in Klosters

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi, am booked to go to Klosters 15th Jan for a week. We have never been and I just wondered if any Snowheads can recommend any particular runs/areas?

I am a blue/red skier, so where should I head and where should I avoid?!

Also, does anyone have any experience of the ski schools (looking to book a private lesson or two).

Thanks!
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
This is not a great insight, but the run from the Weissfluhjoch above Davos to Kublis (the other side of Klosters from Davos) is very long and very pleasant. It's a red, plenty of cafes en route and a train ride back at the end.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
On the Klosters/Davos side, all except the very top of Wiesfluh - which is pretty steep black & icy pm should be ok. Some runs into the valley are steep/narrow and thus justifiably black, though that into Davos Dorf is ok for any reasonably competant skier. The famed 12km Weisfluh-kublis should be ok save the top black bit metioned earlier, though near-all past Schifer is a track. Still worth doing though.
One of either Sernius or Saas (poss both) end up in the middle of nowhere and couldn't see any easy option back from the train windows. Can't comment on either run into Wolfgang.
On sunny side, Madrissa is great - fantastic views, great long black run back to hamlet, though is only black due to part being on narrow zig-zag track, most is fairly gently and very pretty along narrow valley. Run comes off a red on side of mountain on piste map. Beware - queues for cabin up.
Not so keen on Reinerhorn, sunny ice bowl in my opinion, found possibly the most expensive restaurant ever there !(though one near base of piste on mountain is better).

Good run is : from the top of the main lift up from klosters, turn right as you hit the main slopes (signed & you'll see it). Long wide mountainside track (great views) then a bounce through the trees to Schifer. Can then play on the lifts from Schifer to the top - the long cabin lift takes ca. 15-20mins i think, really can't remember.

The old restaurant at Schifer is v good, not toooo expensive, the adjacent large cafe is fine. Big cafe at Parsenhutte area good. Going from top toward Schifer, piste splits just past a small stone tower/upslope. Going right involves poling , going left is imo prettier, and no poling unless you misjudge one of the v short up-bits. 2 neat cafes 1/2-way down ths side, too, top-shif via this route one of my favourites ever.

Lift pass option we had gave free travel everywhere round the main slope areas except for the first part of the train route back from kublis, though when ticket-checked, simply showed the pass and were left alone.

On the main slopes, most of the steeper bits have good 'escape' areas - so you can ski like a loon and be fairly certain of avoiding rocks should you lose it Wink

Kept me happy for a week - would happily spend 2 and will go back. Nightlife in Davos crap, don't know about Klosters.
You'll love it.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Wow, what a detailed report! Will print this off and take with me. Thanks! snowHead
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
^wot austin7 said^ snowHead

Can't add much more than that! We had perfect weather and snow last March so maybe that influenced my thoughts, but we thought it was lovely. The longish run of reds from Parsenn back to Klosters round the back of the main bowl is very pretty, with great views and lovely tree-lined runs and a couple of restaurants to choose from.

The Hohenweg restaurant is in a lovely position at the bottom of a wide red and nice blue, with great views and a chilled-out atmosphere. The Gruobenalp (sp?) restaurant does lovely food with big portions wink

We didn't have lessons so can't comment on that, and we only used the area served by the Gotshna cable car, but we didn't get bored with that all week.

Night life wasn't that lively but that was fine for us, it seems to be more of a 'romantic' type place.

Hope you have a great time Very Happy
Ian
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy