Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Snow Blades

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
What are these things all about are they any good are they harder than normal Skis ?????
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
dave they're smaller and fatter than skis, typically between 60 & 100cm long (so bigger than 'bigfeet'). They are very easy to use, a bit like ice skating on snow....I tried them last year for first time (normally a snowboarder) and they were very easy to get used to, although turning was a bit strange given I was expecting go onto my heel or toe edge!

You don't get as much speed out of them as you do skis but they are great for tricks\jumps etc.

My other half and quite a few other skiers I know have converted from skis to blades in the last year....
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Im going away at the end of January but the people im going with are all snowboarders i usually ski But i quite fancie the blades i think maybe better if the rest of them are on boards ???

Cause ive tried the board and cant make nothing of it!!!!
?????
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
My wife has skied since she was small. The year before last she tried blades for a day, and then last season skied about half of the time on a pair of salomon blades. She swore then never to use regular skis again, and this year will be skiing on a pair of Head Big Easy 94s. The advantage these have over the Salomon (and all other blades that I can see) is that they have proper bindings: when you're getting in and out of bubble lifts and the like it is a pain putting on/taking off the normal blade bindings cos you can't do it without performing yoga! I've used blades and they're great fun but as zippy says you just don't get the same turn of speed, so I'll be sticking with the longer style of plank. Blades are also at a disadvantage when you're on a long horizontal run because of the greater weight/area ratio. I've often seen bladers and boarders out together so I think you'll be fine!
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
As Adrian has kinda mentioned....you're best getting ones with proper bindings. The topic has been discussed before (try doing a search?) and one of the frequent comments is regarding the risk of serious injury with non release bindings on blades.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Would i be right in saying that the same boots work for both Blades and Skis ???
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
YES! Madeye-Smiley and all blades adjust to fit all boots!
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Cool Cool

So go for them rather than Skis for a week in Tignes!

Anyone now what the Snows going to be like there 22nd of Jan !
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
If your boarder friends like the park, go for snowblades. If they like the powder (and if there is any), go for skis, as blades cannot handle power at all. Both blades and skis are good on piste, skis letting you go faster, but blades fun for their manouverablility and zippy turns.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Could just try the board again i suppose but the last time i could na sit down when i got back !!!!

Go for the Blades i think
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy