Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Going to Obergurgl, good hotels or websites???

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hello, we have decided the Obergurgl seems like a good beginner/ intermediate choice (thanks for the advice everyone!) We are going middle of Feb, does anyone know of any good ski holiday websites that I can check out and good hotels in Obergurgl (close to lifts/ centre, good food, ideally pool, etc.). Hoping to get booked soon so I can really start looking forward to my first ski trip abroad!

Thanks
Jen Very Happy
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Can personally recommend the Hotel Josl. Family owned and run, very close to the lifts. Nightclub in basement Toofy Grin
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Jen, apart from the Tour Ops own sites (Crystal, Neilsen, Thompsons, Inghams, etc) you could try http://www.ifyouski.com/ or http://www.igluski.com/iglooski.cfm
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Jen,

I'm off to Obergurgl on Saturday for a cheeky week. We've always (last 4 years) stayed in the Hotel Wiesental and find it to be excellent.

The Obergurgl website is one of the best resources I've seen. www.obergurgl.com
It has a cool interactive map where you can look at all the 2*, 3*, 4* & 5* places by category, thus being able to shop for the right hotel for your purse / wallet.

I would say however that the hotels by the chairlifts are obviously the easiest to start and end your day from. This includes the Wiesental as above, Hotel Josl, Hotel Gamper, Hotel Edelweiss and a few more.

Have a look on the website and see.

Enjoy yourselves, it is a beautiful place to ski, perfect for your ability (if you are indeed beginner / inter).

Benjj
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Hi Jen,

We have been to obergurgle many times, you will have a wonderful time, I would highly recommend the Edelweiss, perfect location as close to the lifts as you can get, good food, and great bar, you may have a problem booking as they are very busy the website is: www.edelweiss-gurgl.com best to give them a call rather than email as they tend to be slow to reply. A good alternative if they are full is the Gotthard which is next door (but uphill!) very friendly owners and again good food. As the previous poster mentioned the Josl is a great slightly cheaper (nothing is realy cheap here!) alternative but a short walk to the lifts. You can easily book everything yourself if you can't get a package, we picked up some flights to innsbruck for £80 with Thomsons and for an extra £35 they will do you a return transfer to the resort. A taxi will cost you euro150 each way. Wherever you stay make sure you visit the Neiderhutte when the owner Rudi is playing his music, I think it is Mon, Wed, Fri, it is one of the best apre ski sights you will ever see!

Chris
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy