Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Difference between men and womens ski clothing?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Are there any specific differences except for colours and the sizing scheme between men and womens clothing? I was thinking of buying a pair of ski pants which are womens (cost based!)..... am i likely to suffer any issues?

thanks

Ad
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Women do have larger hips than men, so trousers will have a different cut & fit. However, not sure how noticeable this would be on ski pants. Best bet is to try them on! Is pink your colour? Toofy Grin
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
buns, the flap over the zip on a jacket is likely to go the opposite way when compared to a mens' jacket. As for trousers - probably bigger bum and (possibly) shorter legs. But if they fit, I don't think there will be any way for others to tell unless they have a nice pink flower or similar design stitched onto them - or if they are made by Quicksilver / Roxy.

It's when you extend the policy to the underwear that we should start getting concerned...
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
buns, and definitely make sure your mates don't find out. I'm sure no-one around here would let on wink
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Pink is usually a bit of a give away.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Well I wasnt thinking of pink guys Neh Neh

I guess Tony is right, the zip would be wrong..... but that surely wont do any harm! And as for the bum..... well given the fashion is for baggy..... so a big bum must be fashionable! snowHead

Ad
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
So why are you thinking of buying women's clothes instead of mens Puzzled
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
erica2004 wrote:
So why are you thinking of buying women's clothes instead of mens Puzzled

Because the only mens size left in what I want is L and XL..... but there are loads of womens. It is just a thought, the price is good so if the difference is negligible.... I might as well make the most of it!

ad
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Quote:

the price is good so if the difference is negligible.... I might as well make the most of it!

One day, in a drunken state, (and probably on holiday), those words will come back to haunt you .......... Shocked
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
i have female gloves coz the men sizes dont realli fit me
so *shrugS*
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
buns, Mr HH and I have the same Columbia pants in the mens and womens versions....the only difference I can see is that the womens are a slightly easier fit round the hips and they've got a nice fleecey lining on the bum area....nice and cosy on the lifts!....not sure why there's the added comfort factor for women but I'm not complaining!
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
I got a pair of trousers which im told are womens...... thing is that there is absolutely no marking on them to back this up! I was actually expecting, as noted here, a loose fit around hips and bum but that is the one place that space isnt huge! Anyhow, I actually like the fit, they are nice and snug around my behind but piles of space from lower thighs down...... anyhow, it just proves that alot of these things are pretty much unisex

ad
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
The obvious difference is the cut of course, my bum doesn't look big in my ski trousers.
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
sorry, Mrs Ise saw that, she says it's that women want warmer clothes.
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
I was thinking of buying a flimsy lase basque but the mens sizes seem to be all sold out at Anne Summers Toofy Grin

Actually, for a winter climbing trip to the Rockies my mate bought a cut price pair of salopettes (plain black) and never noticed that they were womens until a year later. Whatever fits.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy