Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Europe Top Ten Resorts

Poster: A snowHead
http://skisnowboardeurope.com/top10s.html

anybody have different opinions?
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Db, Good One! this is going to be controversial, wasn't a Swiss magazine was it or a septic? Verbier above Chamonix and St Anton, La Grave above Val d'Isere. Someone is having a laugh surely. Verbier is one of the most overrated apologies for a ski resort anyone and Televerbier has to be the worst ski lift company on the planet although there might one or two in Iran or India that could probably give them a run for their money. I have to sort out an internet connection while I'm away next week because I want to see how this thread develops.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
David - long time since I was in Verbier... the lifts were bad then, but I understand they have improved. Anyway, the nomination goes to the quality of the skiing for experts - and I would agree that Verbier comes pretty much towards the top. The off piste legendary & there are quite a few challenging pisted runs too.
You have to look at it from this point of view and forget about the lift system & poor quality of the intermediate & beginner runs throughout the rest of the resort.

La Grave v Val D'Isere - well I would dispute that one!!

Is this good enough to start the controversial banter?!!? Wink
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
The omission of Les Arcs makes a mockery of this list. I'd put it in the top five. I'd question the inclusion of Solden and Lech. Schladming would be a better contender.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I don't like agreeing with Goldsmith Wink but I'd also throw Solden and Lech out of the expert top ten.
Thought Cham should be top (not that I've skied it yet though) anybody think otherwise?
Not skied Verbier yet either - where do people really think it should be in the list?
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Mmm. Can't possibly comment on the 'Expert' resorts, but I'm really surprised about a couple of omissions in the 'Intermediate' section. Can't believe Les Arcs isn't there, nor either Tignes or Val D'Isere - huge intermediate playgrounds. And if the lift system were better, I'd rank Cervina fairly highly as well - even the blacks are intermediate there, and the Zermatt link has got to put it in the top 10? I've no idea what criteria they are using, but surely Madonna de Campiglio is a bit small to be a serious intermediate contender? As for Davos and Klosters, any resort where you have to walk, bus, queue and cable car for an hour before you can even put your skis on will never be top of this intermediate's list! Blush
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Its all so subjective, but I find the omission of Les Arcs (apart from no. 9 for beginners!) rather odd. Ok it's not the prettiest resort, but combined with the La Plagne domain in terms of ski acreage alone it's supposedly the biggest in the world, well in front of 3V (but no 2 in terms of number of lifts, and no. 3 in terms of miles of piste). There's tremendous variety, superb off-piste, something for everyone. Trees, one of the longest blacks in Europe, speed skiing....
As I work from home (now in Bourg SM), we had the choice of moving anywhere (in France) last summer. After extensive research, this was definitely the place that fitted the bill, nowhere else came close.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
A very strange listing in my view. I never rated Verbier much. But I do rate Alpe D'Huez and Serre Chevalier above 3 vallees in most respects. Where are they ? And St Anton. Surely that is THE top resort for an intermediate/advanced in the world. And Zermatt only at 7 in the dining list ?

As usual any of these listings are dependant on who votes for them. Same as Westlife are the best band in the World ever.

And then I look a bit lower at the North American stuff. hilarious. Time for bed
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
I'd rate Les Arcs well above La Plagne, though now that they are linked shouldn't it just be Paradiski? Also seems bizarre that they've listed Val d'Isere and Tignes as two seperate resorts considering they share the same ski area.

It would interesting to know what their definition for 'Expert' is - does it mean real off-piste, or challenging on-piste runs. Cham has to be top, surely? Though I agree Verbier has to up there (below VdI / Tignes) despite the lift system.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
I'm not a big fan of Chamonix to be honest, although I think that I've probably never seen it in its best light.

The Vallee Blanche is spectacular and I'm sure that the area has some of the best off-piste in the world. But for those here who do rate it highly: is it because of terrain that's really only accessible with a guide? I've only done 2 guided days in the area (one for the Vallee Blanche) and my experience of the pisted areas (or the easily accessible off-piste) isn't that great.

I've not skied all of the places mentioned so it's hard to judge. I'm a big fan and Serre Che and Alpe d'Huez as well, Martin, so they'd figure in my top 10.

I'm surprised to see Solden in there. I've not skied it but I was unaware that it was highly rated - I've never even considered it as a destination. And I don't think I'd have Lech in my top 10 for Experts.
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
I'd also dispute trois vallees in the spectacular scenery category......
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
If you thought the first list was bad wait until you see these .....

http://www.askmen.com/fashion/travel_top_ten/3_travel_top_ten.html

http://www.netbackpacker.com/DisplayArticle.asp?articleid=68
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
The beginners list is upside down if you ask me. I love Cervinia, but I would certainly not take a first timer there, The loos could put you off skiing for Life!
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
DB, What utter garbage. "Askmen"? Ask muppets, more like.
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Well, they did describe David Beckham as "England's answer to the Spice Girls".

http://www.ntk.net/2004/02/27/dohbecks.gif

(The rest of the article is funny, too - "score goals from one side of the field to another" rolling eyes )
snow report
what's so ridiculous about la grave being rated above val d'isere? as an "expert" ski area i'd rate it above anywhere in the world myself (altho i'm sure there's even steeper stuff in cham)
snow conditions
The problem with all these stupid top tens is that they just show how limited the reviewers are in their skiing.
latest report
Hi All

Newbie here (to Snowheads at least).

Is Klosters not so good then? We're going there in two weeks, and it's my first skiing holiday for 6 years so I've been really looking forward to it. We're staying in Klosters Platz near (allegedly) to the Gotshna cable car, if that means anything to anyone?

P.S. Smile
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy