Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Seeking to join group in Alps

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Greetings... I am an intermediate skier, recently separated from "the wife" and (therefore) most of the ski groups I would normally would have joined. I'm looking to join a like-minded group (i.e. giggles and apres ski is as important at the skiing) in the Alps (preferably high-ish) for one of the following weeks (commencing): 29 Jan; 26 Feb; 5 March or 19 March. Please email me on tomcatuk@yahoo.com if you've got a spare slot - or any other bright ideas!! I live in Herts so would look to fly from a South East airport. Cheers, John
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
tomcatuk, welcome to snowheads, we've got some snowheads in our chalet in the week commencing 20th Feb and availability for the 6th March. Have a look at our ad in snowShops or got to our website www.tracksvacations.com
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
tomcatuk, Welcome to Snowheads!

The usual option for solo travellers is to book everything independently and stay at a resort hotel that doesn't charge single suppliments. Or wait till the very last minute (a few days before departure) and wrangle yourself a cheap last minute deal from one of the main UK Tour Operators desperate to fill beds. They appear to drop any single suppliments if they can't otherwise fill the room. Although, from experience, this really only works sucessfully for French resorts.

There's a fair amount of discussion on this site regarding both options....you should try a search (user facilities drop down box), or someone else might be able to post up the link??? (please!)

I've also sent you a PM on this topic.

Also the Ski Club of Great Britian provide "ski hosting" in a number of resorts - you can usually try a day for free and without having to join up. As well as leading you round the better bits of the piste map, it could put you in contact with a number of keen like-minded skiers.

Happy skiing!
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy