Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Four Metres of snow...!

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Iglu ski reports that St Anton is the first resort to break the 4-metre snow mark! snowHead

http://www.igluski.com/snowreports.cfm?resortid=73

wow....
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Annual average in Fernie is 27 ft....
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I get the impression that US and Canadian resorts focus on adding the depths of each snowfall during the winter, but European resorts measure the snow lying on the ground at any time.

I'd be surprised if Fernie gets to an average of 27ft snow thickness on the ground, but maybe someone knows the facts on this?

St Anton seems to regularly hit 4 or 5 metres lying snow on the Valluga, but I'm not aware that there's much glaciation up there. Anybody know?

Last edited by Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see? on Fri 27-02-04 18:18; edited 1 time in total
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Yes I was perhaps a bit hasty there David, I assumed that was a cumulative figure. However, according to someone who should know in a good year Fernie can get 5 metres of lying snow on the tops.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Annual *snowfall* in Fernie is 25ft and more.

usual base is 2 metres plus at resort level
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
As far as I'm aware St Anton isn't a glacier but I have seen snow on the peaks in summer around Innsbruck.
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Heavenly has had 5 feet in the last 48 hours. As this happens there regularly...
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
DB. Could you pop up the Valluga this summer and have a look for us? They might even run the cablecar for you. Otherwise you'll just have to hike it.
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Oh dear. And I'm off there tomorrow. Sometimes like can just be so tough .......
Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
And I'm off there in a weeks time.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy