Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

First snowHeads meet of the year.

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Well, you've missed it now but it was on Saturday 1st Jan at the Verdons restaurant in Chourchevel 1850 (top of Verdons bubble, bottom of Saulire cable car).

Two groups of snowHeads who were staying in La Tania eventually got their act together for a meet up at lunchtime. Five snowHeads - GrahamN, Pete Horn, Vic Dennis, Moosepig and Danny O'Connell were there along with another 10 of Graham's friends & relatives. I think we can claim to be the first snowHeads meet of 2005.

SnowHead Alex Presland was conspicuous by his absence - New Year's Eve the night before!

I'll save more reports (including news of the Boris-Johnson Challenge) for when I'm back home with a better internet connection, suffice to say the in the 3 Valleys there is some good snow but a large number of runs could do with more cover, rocks abound. This was perhaps not a good week to buy new skis (Vic's needed repair after just 2 days).
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Yep - took us a while to get around to it (it was our last day), but it was good to meet Pete and the rest - and witness the fantastic feat of memory from the waiter, who remembered 15 meal/drinks orders prefectly from one recital, including a couple of switches.

Snow cover was deceptively good. Glad Vic's only needed repair - I managed to completely write off my Bandit XXs (with only 6 weeks on them) in two afternoons in Meribel. Still - I now have a pair of rock-hoppers I can bring out for similar conditions (or if I ever get the urge to ski in Scotland Toofy Grin ) without worrying about them any more!
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I had a dose of "food poisoning" from something I'd "consumed" the night before. I got up in time to make the meet, but was feeling so ill that I went back to bed.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Pete Horn wrote:
I'll save more reports (including news of the Boris-Johnson Challenge) for when I'm back home with a better internet connection.

You've been back over 48 hours now... and even managed lunch in the Waterloo yesterday. Come on Pete, tell them about the Boris-Johnson Challenge!
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Moosepig's got the photos and did the whole of the challenge (I wimped out and did some skiing first wink ), I was expecting him to report.

A snow report has gone in under "3 Valleys".
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Boris-Johnson Challenge photos here.

Bit too busy to write up the whole day, but suffice to say that the Challenge was based loosely on the Ski Club's Luttmann-Johnson Challenge which takes place in Zermatt each February. The aim here was to visit mountainside restaurants and stop for at least a drink at each one, regardless of the brevity of the skiing between them. No points (and hence no prizes) were awarded; it was a fun and relaxing day out.
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Oh I forgot to add this link to the photo of the first snowHeads meet of 2005 snowHead
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
On that snowHead pic, from the left Pete Horn, Danny O'Connell, from the right Vic Dennis, Graham Naylor, in between Graham's entourage, behind the camera Moosepig.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
There was a snowHeads meet on 3rd Jan at the Tipi in Kleine Scheidegg (followed by some skiing)

Photos to follow.
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Anyone going to be in Morzine 15 Jan-19 Jan or Murren 19 Jan - 23 Jan? Might be fun to establish that there are real people lurking under those usernames...
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
David Murdoch, There are always lurkers, could 'people' be a fairly loose description?
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy