Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Equipment Help!

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I am a good skier who is looking to buy some equipment and improve. I ski primarily on the east coast of the US, where conditions can get a little bit icy but not terrible. I'd like to find a good ski and a good boot that will allow me to ski well now but also allow me to improve. Right now I can ski any slope on the east coast. I'm mostly just downhill skiing, not much mogules, terrain park, backcountry, etc. Can someone give me a few good skis/boots as a starting place? I don't want the world's best but don't want the cheapest either--something middle of the road would be great (maybe $600-$700 for both skis and boots?). Thanks a lot!!
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
UVAMed05, welcome to snowHeads!
First thing to do, before you think about skis, is to get a pair of boots.
And here are the rules:
1. IGNORE brand
2. IGNORE your shoe size
3. Go to a good bootfitter (you should be able to get help if you ask on www.epicski.com
4. Get the boots that fit you best.

Once you've got properly fitted boots, then start demoing skis. A well fitted boot will make more of a difference to your skiing than a ski ever will!
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Welcome UVAMed05. Happy New Year!
And listen to the Ambassador. He speak wisely.
When you are with the bootfitter, be honest. Us Brits usually undersell ourselves (don't like to boast), fail to state our true ability and so get boots too soft. Others might overstate their skills and get boots too stiff. Just make sure they feel good and ignore the make and colour. If you can't try them out out on a nearby slope, grab the nearest attractive shop assistant and have a good dance (rock-an-roll, not waltzing). If you can dance in your boots without discomfort they should be OK for skiing.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Jonpim, if I could dance in my ski boots, it would be a first, in any footwear. I may have to wear them socially. However, I don't think my dinner suit trousers would fit over them. Would it be dreadfully gauche to tuck them in?
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
No laundryman, roll them up. Toofy Grin
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
You are all such cards..!!!
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Laundryman, not necessarily...
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
those are proper tux trousers over my boots!
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Yup, Fuxup is still wearing flares, bet the jacket's velvet and with a wing collar! where was this sartorial disaster dragged up?

nice boots though.
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Wear The Fox Hat, specs great, but those boots and the helmet do not go with that outfit.
You must have given Jeeves the night off. Dreadful!
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
UVAMed05, Wear The Fox Hat gives good advice; do also join the local community at www.dcski.com
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy