Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Lapland / Iceland

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
probably should have written here instead. Just posted a message about lapland and Scandinavia in the Apres section. To sum up, I want to spend a week in lapland or similar location, doing all the usual skidooing, dog sledging, reindeer sledging, tobogganing, skiing. Only brochures I have found do three day trips but nothing for 5 or more days that doesn't involve a massive car excursion all over the place. Just want to have lots of fun in the snow.Any ideas?
Cheers
Zoe
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
zoe, lapland sounds great, but how about the Canadian Rockies. All those things and more too.................
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
zoe, we've covered Riksgransen (in the Swedish Arctic Circle, with lots of Lapland stuff) from time to time. If you go there in May you can ski in the midnight sun. Type 'Riksgransen' into the search (top left 'User Facilities') and you should get plenty to read. This place is right on the border with Norway (which is only a few miles wide at that point), so you have ready access to beautiful fjords if you want to see some great coastline too.
You can fly up there via Stockholm and Kiruna.

Finland also has ski resorts in the Arctic Circle with other stuff to do, but I've not been there. Once again, do a search because I think we've had some relevant threads.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Hi Zoe, I'm going to Iceland in April (for reasons unrelated to skiing), and a couple of months back posted a query on skiing there. A big fat zero replies so far! Sad Perhaps some newer snowHeads have some information.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Zoe, it's not Lapland but Are, the biggest ski area in the Nordics, have got a lot of these sorts of non-skiing activities as well. Remember if you're going to Lapland, you're better off waiting a couple of months for some light and a little 'lighter' temperatures, too...
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
zoe, just as there is no Green in Greenland, there is no Ice in Iceland and no Lap in Lapland .
There is however everything else you want. Go to Lapland.

(See also here)
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy