Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Help I want to go to Snowbird USA

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
All you who have been to USA skiing I need your advice, watching Ski America the other day where they were showing a resort called "Snowbird" how excited was I please it looked fab and of course the name took me by surprise. What is the easiest and cheapest way to book a holiday in the USA?? What sort of rating are the hotels like?? Searching the internet is really ugh Puzzled any ideas snowheads Blush Blush I am looking to book for next Christmas snowHead snowHead snowHead
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
http://www.snowbird.com/
I've been there a couple of times.

OK, if you book yourself, you need to get flights to Salt Lake City.
There are no direct flights, but you can go via Chicago.
The Cliff Lodge is pretty good accomodation, but if you want to save money, and have more options for nightlife, consider staying in the Extended Stay motel in Sandy or Union Park, and hiring a car. (a 20 minute drive to the slopes)
http://www.extendedstayhotels.com/Locations/HotelList.asp?page=make&lstate=UT&lmetroid=274

When in Snowbird, consider getting a combined lift pass with Alta.

In the evenings, if you're at the Cliff Lodge, the residents bar is good. The Goldminer's Daughter at Alta is one of my favourites, and if you're staying down the valley, go to the Porcupine - I think they have good promos on Tuesday nights.

Of course, this is just a gratuitous excuse for me to post my photos again...
http://www.theskishop.co.uk/Ski/Resorts/Utah.htm
http://www.theskishop.co.uk/Ski/Resorts/epic04.html
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Snowbird, why don't you go to the resort web site - www.snowbird.com - it has links for lodging which should be helpful. Hotels are usually pretty good in the US, and are usually classified on the 1 to 5 star rating. Lots of people do take a ski lease for a week or two over Christmas, which I'm assuming is similar to getting a chalet over in Europe. Hotels do tend to be just room, not board, although some (eg Holiday Inn) do offer 'free' breakfast. I'd suggest that you hire a car, too.
BTW, Snowbird has a sister resort - Alta - which is skiers only - no snowboards!

Of course, if you fancy coming a bit farther West you could come to Tahoe, and ski at Squaw Valley with me! Smile (where it is currently dumping, and I'm hoping to make it up there tonight IF the road is open!)
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Wear The Fox Hat, you are obviously quicker at typing than I am! Very Happy
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Oh, and Ski-Independence go there, and my past experience of them in other locations has been excellent.

http://www.ski-independence.co.uk/resorts/?resort_id=17
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
1 Book your own flight via ebookers or such like. Delta are usually competitively priced and they have a hub in Salt Lake City - but there are plenty of operators to choose from

2 Book a motel in SLC itself. Again loads to choose from from about $50 a night. I would choose somewhere in the Midvale area down around 7200 TRAX station. That way you can hop on the bus to the 4 canyon resorts in the morning and in the evening hop on the TRAX to downtown. I stayed downtown last time and caught TRAX and then the bus. Ramada was fine and it had a pool. I would not recommend the Super8 across the road though.

Ramada had a free shuttle link to the airport, but a taxi will not cost much $15 to $20.

I cannot see the point of paying top dollar to stay slopeside. Apres ski won't be that brilliant and unless there is a massive storm and the canyon road is blocked you are just as well staying in SLC or Sandy.

Personally, I preferred Alta to Snowbird and Brighton ahead of Solitude.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Lodes of info thank you all very much. I am sure I will be able to go ahead and start booking, woohoo Snowbird here we come Laughing
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Is there something I should know about ?
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Paul Mason, about what?
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
About my wife Snowbird, wanting to go to Snowbird, !
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Ah, OK. Very Happy

Well, if you don't want to go, my rates are reasonable, and I can show her around the mountains... snowHead
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Paul Mason, why, you knew i was planning next years skiing in Snowbird,
Wear The Fox Hat, thank you for the offer I might take you up on that wink
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy