Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Crack in topsheet

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Ok, so I got a new snowboard (division 23 "power"), has been a nice board so far, but after just a few days of boarding there is a crack in the topsheet. It looks like a thin line, but I can tell that it is a crack and not a scratch. It runs across the width of the board (the shorter dimension), about a foot from the tip. It does not reach either edge of the board, but is about 1/2 to 3/4 the width of the board. Is this a problem? Will I get water damage and/or some of the topsheet falling off? Also, is this fixable, and if so how? My board is sandwich construction by the way, and the topsheet has a slightly rubbery feel to it (though it must be clear plastic. But it's not one of those shiny topsheets). Sorry for the long description, and thanks in advance for any replies.
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
humble diagnosis..

If it is new are you near where you bought it?
do you remember any nasty hits?
from the position of the crack near the tip i would say something is up. I would not be worried so much about water getting in as wether there is a crack in the core, which you'll find out about sooner rather than later. I'd take it in to a shop and get some nice bloke to look at it for you before using it again. If it is just the top sheet i dont know how you would fix it other than paint or a new topsheet if they do that sort of repair...
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Talk to the store, if they won't listen/replace the board (don't know what your consumer rights are in BC), mail Division 23 with your question and some good close-up pics, and get a response from them in writing. It may just be a flaw in the topsheet, (are you using it in the park, big air etc.?) but you need to get it checked before you hit the slopes again, the posibility of a failure at that point might leave you without cotrol at speed.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
I will be near where I bought it soon. I'll definitely get them to have a look. To me it looks like the crack is just in the topsheet, not in the core of the board. I really have not rode it that hard; I've just been out 3 times so far this year, no major park stuff and no serious bang-ups (nobody has hit me, I haven't hit anyone or anything: a number of wipeouts but all of them in the middle of the piste).
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy