Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Residence Altineige Apartments Val Thorens

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Great site, i'm sorry i've only just found it.

I'm off to Val Thorens on 15th of Jan with 2 friends staying in the above mentioned apartments.

I just want to know if anyone knows if these apartments are in a good location in the resort. ie close to the lifts and the hustle and bustle of the resort.

Also any other information or tips about the resort will be apreciated as its our firstv trip to this resort. We are all competant skiers and boarders and up for a week of hittin the slopes hard.

Thanks for any help. snowHead

Alpinebullit
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Hi Alpinebullit, welcome to snowHeads snowHead

We stayed in these apartments a couple of years ago and they are in a good location, only a few minutes from the main drag (you can exit them on the third floor, go through a walkway, and come out where all the shops etc are) Also very close to the swimming pool and sports centre if you're interested - it's a good swimming pool.

However, this was our only time of trying self-catering and it probably put us off trying again - I would warn you, look after your belongings at all times. When we arrived, we had several hourse to wait before we could check in to our apartment so duly left our luggage in the left luggage room - don't! It's not secure and when we and everyone else came back the room had been rifled through, whole bags taken and stuff taken from others bags. I had my camera stolen which was not covered on insurance as it had been left unattended in an unlocked room Evil or Very Mad

Also, don't leave your skis/boards in the locker room as these are not secure either, take them up to your room. And on the last evening, we had people trying the handle of our room, I guess looking for the opportunity.

Don't want to put you off, but do just look after your belongings. Apart from that Val T is great and you'll have a fab time - enjoy Laughing
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Alpinebullit, welcome to SnowHeads
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Alpinebullit
Val T is fairly compact and it's a short walk to the slopes and the bars from pretty much wherever you stay. Like Cathy says though, Altneige is a great location, you're staying right next to the top of the Cairn gondola in the middle of the resort. You should be able to ski back very close to your building coming back from the 3V2 chair / Bouqetin side. Straight out the door in the morning it's a v short blue down to 2 Lacs / Moutiere / Plein Sud and you're away into Val T or over into Meribel.
http://www.valthorens.com/hiver/uk/plans.asp?plan=pistes

If you're competent riders then definitely get 3 Vallees passes. There's more than enough to keep you going in VT for months, but if you can cover the km's reasonably quickly then you cruise over into Les Menuieres and Meribel and back very easily within a morning or an afternoon, and it gives you a lot more possibilities during the week. Particularly from where you're staying.

Don't miss doing the Orelle valley (the 'Fourth Valley') if the weather's good and/or there's a fresh dump. It gets horribly cold and windy over there on bad days though.

Val T nightlife, when I've been there at least, was heavily dominanted by Scandinavians and Dutch. If you're staying out late then Malaysia bar/club was our preferred place to go. Earlier on, La Luna has by far the liveliest apres-ski in town - it goes totally mental in the early evening, however it is very very Dutch!

Enjoy your holiday, you'll have a blast. I did 4 weeks there last winter and loved it. Very Happy
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy