Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Jungfrau Ski region

Poster: A snowHead
Well those lucky bunnies have just had 30cm of fresh snow in the last 24 hours whichh makes it the biggest single snowfall in a 24 hour period all season Shocked
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
How dare they Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Strange that Wengen received 30cms and Mürren only received 20cms as per Jungfrau website... but Wengen need it more
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
It's the first time this season that that has occured last time Murren goot 40cm and Wengen got 15 Sad
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Starting to use your divine powers then DG Exclamation Wink
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Have you been doing a snow dance in your garden David..

Good for anyone who is there now doing a bit of spring skiing..
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
No I used the divine powers granted to me as I felt sorry for the snowheads who went out there this week and were staying in Lauterbrunnen Cool
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Crumbs,Lucky you used them as it was a no snow zone in Lauterbrunnen as u know.

Weather for next few days(for Mürren) -

Thursday, mostly cloudy. Temperatures in the morning of -8 and in the afternoon of -2 degrees. Friday, partly cloudy. Low temperature of -8 and in the afternoon 0 degrees. Saturday, sunny and around 3 degrees. Sunday, sunny temperatures during the day reaching 5 degrees
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Well Wengen now has 50cm of snow in th evillage and 110 cm up top, that makes it officially the best day of the season for snow depths so far, mind you visability look terrible NehNeh
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
it was amazing Laughing
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Its been a 'not bad' season really around the Jungfrau region. I hope we have many many more to come.
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
The webcam of Wengen today looks fantastic,loads of white stuff !!
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Got back last night, having met sparrow and Elizabeth B! Quite an amazing week, never seen such a lot of snow fall all at once - it really didn't stop from Monday evening until Friday night. There'll be good snow until the end of April now I guess.
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
I'm glad you had a fantastic time,lucky sod !!... Did you ski at Mürren or just stayed around Wengen etc..
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Just stayed on the quality side of the valley Chris Wink - I go to Murren once a year, on Christmas day, to ski the Schilthorn. Seriously though, some of the best skiing last week was down in the pastures above Mary's Cafe. There was no visibility higher up, and the powder held up well on the quiet runs lower down. Not the sort of comment I expect to make about Wengen at the end of March!
snow conditions
telford_mike, so recalling one of the great arguments on SCGB you could say "Best conditions to be found on the lower slopes"!
snow conditions
Yes, I remember that thread - high is not always best, especially if it's snowing and windy!
snow conditions
Very true......sometimes Confused
latest report
Just made it back! Fantastic snow all week. Visability wasn't brilliant - except for Sat, when the sun came out and I skied the Schilthorn. Best run of the week has to have been the slalom course down to innerwengen. The powder was almost waist deep snowHead
snow report
Good to meet up with sparrow, telford mike and mrs telford mike.
snow conditions
Have you emailed David Orf any photos for his website so we can all have a look ??
latest report
Chris Brookes, there was far too much snow and no visability, so I left my camera in the hotel.
ski holidays
Elizabeth B, That's OK when I sort things out here at home I'll get the time to post some more of mine, mind you when I did the slalom course this year it was early morning and a sheet of Ice from just bellow the top down to the run out at the bottom, think I would have prefered the waist deep powder Laughing
ski holidays
All the snow is leaving Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad
ski holidays
Is it? The forecast is more on Fri...but we know how reliable they are?
ski holidays
Not much snowHead

The freezing level is around 1900m til now and including friday so anything below that and its good bye snow Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad
snow report
Most of the Hotels in Wengen end their season within the next two weeks
snow report
Well, I've done it. I've booked to go back to Lauterbrunnen on 10 April. Just hope the snow lasts.......better pack my walking boots just in case.
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
You lucky person(put very mildly) Confused
ski holidays
According to an email I only got today there is no serious snow left in Wengen despite the heavy falls last week, though there is still skiing higher up, sorry Sad
snow report
Yup,i didn't what to mention it either.Friends in Mürren say the snow is very patchy and wet going back to the village.But good news as snow is forecasted for mid week !?!? Looking at snow-forecast.com it agrees with that too.fingers x.

Anyway,who cares at least you aren't stuck in an office !! snowHead
ski holidays
Yeah. My mum and dad have just come back from a non-skiing holiday. They said that above KS was great, but down below was "patchy and rocky". The webcam today is looking hopeful for some snow soon, but as it's my 3rd week this season (both other weeks were heavy snow all week) all i'm really after is a suntan Wink
ski holidays
Snowing still in the Region..

Wengen 10 cm
Mürren 75 cms (Tourism figure !!!!????)
Grindelwald 00 cm
snow report
Sounds about right, bear in mind Chris that murren faces north so gets less sun to melt the snow wheras wengen faces south also murren kept its early snow as it stayed above the freezing line for much of the season, that 1000 ft of altitude difference can make a huge difference if as this year you get a relativly warm winter. Actual snowfall in murren today was 15cm
snow report
This is true David.
latest report
Just back from the most fantastic 9 days skiing in Wengen. Some sunshine, but mainly snow. Powder conditions up high and good snow all the way to the village. When we left late on Sunday, it looked like mid winter, with the trees bowed under heavy snow.
latest report
I'm glad you had a great time.
ski holidays
The slopes were really quiet as well, even over the Easter weekend - the snowy weather must have kept the day trippers away and everyone else was presumably crammed into the high altitude French resorts.
latest report
Yes Easter is often quiet and when you get good snow it's fantastic mind you early easters are a lot more snow sure !
snow report
Very true, but I am told it was good last year even though Easter was right at the end of April (we were in Whistler - did not even think about Wengen so late in the season!).
Also various locals have told me that April always used to be the best month for snow, but I have no personal knowledge pre 1990.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy