Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Hiring Ski's over the Internet

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Going to Pas in January and found a place on the Internet where I can hire ski's. Via SKISET in the town itself. Anyone done this before ? Any pitfalls ? Will it save any time - I know it will save money !!! Only €49 for 8 days.
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Have used www.snowrental.com before. I don't believe the savings are accurate but it does save a lot of hassle, your sliding equipment is garenteed for you, you don't have to pay at the resort etc so you should be out straight away on the slopes after trying the kit on. Quite a few people have used this before and had decent service, do a search for "snowrental" and see what comes up.

49 euros seems very very very cheap for 8 days, great saving but would be dubious Puzzled
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I don't think snowrental are available in Andorra.... however I did hire boards on line a couple of years ago via skiset whan we went Arinsal & saved a packet on tour operator charges for exactly the same kit.

There was that typical 2 minute hiatus whan you present the online booking slip and everyone
looks at you in the shop as if to say 'what this bit of paper supposed to be for?' but after thet no problems

If it was a choice between paying a tour operator for sorting out hire or booking online,
I would book online as you are just as restricted to what shop they decide you hire from.

If guaranteeing the best kit possible is a priority then obviously you will have to go round
all the shops to see with your own eyes (more expensive tho)
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Online booking is fine. It won't save you time but it is usually cheaper.
I've used skiset a couple of times now with no issues. Their top end gear is spot on and there is a good range.
€49 is does seem exceptionally cheep. I typically pay about €130 for the week inc discounts for premier grade ski's.
What's your skiing ability? If you have a few weeks under your belt you may want to upgrade to newer and better kit and have the option of trying out different skis throughout the week.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I have based that price on intermediate skis - today the price has gone up to €52 for the week so best book up quickly. The advanced skis are €83. We have skied for about six weeks in total.
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Paul Mason, I have booked through Skiset, no problems.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
I have booked my skis online from Freeride.fr for Courchevel this January. As they are delivering to the Hotel, I hope it is going to save me some hassle as will be arriving late in the evening on the day before skiing. You can specify make, model and Length.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Skiset are normally pretty reliable, but €49 sounds much too cheap to me. It makes me wonder if it's a misprint and should be €149. I should check it out thoroughly before committing yourself.
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
try www.edge2edge.co.uk you can collect and drop off at the airport i believe. i picked up my skis from there today as I am off to Soldeu on Boxing Day. I am fortunate to work a few yards from them, but the service has been very good and I used them on recommendation on this forum.

Hope this helps

ScottyDog
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
It may sound cheap but it is Andorra !
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Just looking at the sites, there is a big plus for edge2edge in being able to select exactly the pair of skis you want; I badly want to give Bandit B2s a whirl this season. OTOH with skiset, you can change your skis during the week (for the VIPs anyway) up to 3 times. And you don't have to lug them through the airport system (and pay for that) - and I guess servicing would be free too, if needed.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy