Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

snowboarding guide in Tignes

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I'm off to Tignes for the week of 15-22 Jan and really fancy talking my mates into doing some proper off-piste in either Tignes or Val D'Isere.

Does anyone know of a good guide in the area? We will all be snowboarders.

Cheers
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
The best guiding company in Val d'Isere is, I think, TopSki, partly because they regularly get clients who ski really well, so if you want to ski with a bunch of strangers of the same standard you will get a good adventure. I always ski with them now when I want a guide. Although I only know them from skiing I am sure some of the guides must board as well.

My number 2 company is smaller and all speak good English, partly because most of them are British or Australian etc. They are called Alpine Experience. They formed as a more democratic break-away from TopSki. Again I don't know if they board, but why not ask. You can see details of each guide on the site. They are a really nice bunch (I particularly like Pietro), though I haven't skied with any of them for a while.

You can book a guide for yourselves or they will put you with others of the same standard if you wish (though this might be more problematical with you being boarders). Normally, as with any guides, there would be a limit of 6 to a group.

Last edited by Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person on Wed 22-12-04 17:35; edited 1 time in total
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
that's a great help. thanks, i'll drop them an e-mail.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Tony Lane, I added some more while you were on.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Tony Lane,
One possible problem is that if you want to go as a standard group Top Ski always used to depart on first lift of the day so it could be a bit difficult from Tignes. I guess if you are doing it privately they will be happy to fall in with your wishes.
I have had decent guiding from Evo 2 in Tignes if you don't have any luck with the above.
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Yes, if you hire a guide for yourselves from either firm I'm sure he would be happy to meet you in Tignes.

When Evolution 2 were new, guiding was only a minor part of what they did and I felt they were a bit dodgy for guiding, but they have probably matured by now.
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
would you recommend booking before we go or is it usually possible to do it a day or two in advance when we know what the conditions and weather will be like?
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
If you want to book a guide privately, especially since, for preference, you want someone who boards, I would say it might be a good idea to book before going. I normally do, but I've sometimes joined a group for the odd day while I was out there and usually someone was available. You could ask their advice (though they will probably want to get you signed up as soon as possible, so the advice may not be totally impartial. Val d'Isere is particularly rich in independent guiding companies).
If you try Alpine experience you might try saying that David Johnson recommended them (It's been a few years since I skied with them, but they will remember that I'm the person who fell on the Punte Victoria in Alagna (Giles Green who taught me the self-arrest technique that saved my life was an Alpine Experience guide).
Or if you go to Top Ski say that David Johnson and Stuart Bonham recommended them.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy