Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Hotels ?Morzine

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I have a flight to Geneva Jan 5 and need a hotel for a group of 6 for 6 nights, now the snow has fallen I am thinking of Morzine . Has anyone any suggestions, or for hotels in nearby areas fairly close to Geneva.
Thanks in Advance
T Bar
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Stayed in Hotel le Sporting a number of years ago. It was quite simple, but basic and clean with good food. From their website http://www.hotelsporting-morzine.com/gb/index.php, I see that they also have an apartment available now that takes 6, although I cannot vouch for it. The hotel is about 5 minutes walk from the centre of the town but the ski bus stops more or less outside and takes you to either main lift, Nyon or Pleney. To get out to the Avoriaz telecabine at les Prodains you need to change bus in the centre of town, but it's not too much hassle. If you do go to Morzine, take the time to enjoy the skiing above the Nyon lift. There are some lovely, open & quiet runs between there and the link to Les Gets.

As an alternative to Morzine, you might consider Les Contamines. To be honest, we'd never heard of it when we booked last year, however we thoroughly enjoyed our week there. It was about the same distance, transfer-wise, from Geneva as Morzine and nice for a change to a smaller, more traditional alpine resort with some excellent skiing. Mind you Morzine does have the Portes du Soleil...
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
In Morzine itself, in descending order of luxury and cost (all are central).

Le Dahu, Les Champs Fleuris, Philibert and Petit Dru are 3 stars I don't know well. Philibert has great restaurant.

Le Samoyede has recently been renovated, although commensurately more expensive than it used to be. At similar cost La Bergerie is delightful (if you don't mind sheep) but gets booked very early - as it has a very faithful clientele - we've stayed in some very charming rooms there.

Slightly cheaper, L'Igloo doesn't have a restaurant but offers big studios if you want to pay a little more than a standard room. They will bring breakfast to your room which is a nice touch.

My standard (because I have a tight accom budget) is Le Rhodos. Very basic (e.g. all ensuite but with french half baths), very clean if dated - cheap as chips. I use it a lot and although she cuts an imposing figure, Mme Gravoil is very hospitable. The restaurant is also tremendous value for money with high quality and generous portions of everything.

That time of year you shouldn't have a great deal of trouble getting a non-Saturday full week booking. Enjoy!
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
J2Dave thought Bois de la Char hotel in Les Carroz was pretty good, that'd meet the criteria for close to GVA.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Thanks for the suggestions Les Carroz is out as one of our party is off to Flaine later in the year and doesn't want to ski the same resort twice in a season. Will try Les Contamines sometime. Have just booked Les Rhodos will give a snow report when I return.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy