Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Guide in Serre Chevalier

Poster: A snowHead
Hello All, Very Happy

I've just subscribde as a snowhead so please be gentle with me.

I'm going to be visiting SC at the end of Feb with a few friends. I'm looking forward to the off piste possibilities in this place. Can anyone recommend a guide? The guide would need to be an english speaker, it doesn't matter whether they ski or board as the party would be mixed.

Any other tips for SC would also be appreciated.

Happy sliding

Paul B
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Paul B, welcome to snowHead snowHeads. snowHead . If you pop Serre Che into the search engine (in user facilities) you'll find quite a lot of recent valid tips on the resort. I don't recall anything about a guide but I'm confident you'll get a response on that soon.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Paul B, Can't tell you anything about Serre C but I'm sure there are plenty of people who can. Welcome to the friendliest forum there is. Smile
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Paul B, can't help with the guide I'm afraid, as it's not something I've needed while there. You could try e-mailing Eurekaski via their website www.eurekaski.com . They are a British ski school out there, and I'm sure they will know of someone.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Paul B, welcome to snowHeads. Could I put myself at your disposal? Food and board will do it wink

Seriously, though, follow Helen Beaumont's, advice/link and see if you can book John Angella. Not only a really nice guy, but very knowledgeable about the region and fascinating to talk to. Although they are essentially a ski school, I'm sure I recall that they'll also do guiding, depending on how busy they are.

If you're disposed towards ESF, you could also try booking Denis Lucas who works out of Chantemerle. Again, a really nice guy who speaks English better than many English do Embarassed
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Mark Hunter, I thought of that one too, but I'm sure he wasn't wanting a guided tour of the bars-or maybe he was? snowHead snowHead
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Paul B,
I have used the ESF in Monetier where they use UIAGM qualified guides for Serre Che and trips to La Grave and wee tours elsewhere. The outings have always been francophone though most of the guides speak English.
There are also several guides and agencies you can contact using the web site. The resort is fairly busy in Feb and I would book in advance.
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Paul B, try here . I skied with this guy in La Grave but he's actually based in SC, so he should know your area fairly well! His prices have creeped up a bit since last season but he's a good UIAGM guide....if you can get him.
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Paul B, Welcome to Snowheads.

I can't remember the guy's name, but if you go to th Busonieres ski school and ask for Davina Turner, and English woman who now runs the ski school - her husband if a high mountain guide. You don't actually say if you're looking for a high mountain guide, but if you want to do knarly stuff one would be best.

Good luck snowHead
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Paul B, hi and welcombe. If you send me a pm I can give you info to help you with your stay in SC. My friend Jason would be happy to meet up and show you round off piste but not as a guide.
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
I can second Kit Wong's recommendation. I skied with Jean Yves on 2 occassions, for 1 week each time in La Grave/SC/AdH/L2A area. he is a very nice guy, his English is good, the SCGB also uses him. If he is not available during your trip he will be able to refer you to another guide.
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Hi Paul B,

you could try Murray Hamilton who is based in Les Vigneaux about 15 minutes from Serre Che. here is Murray's site

http://www.propeller.net/murray/

Hope you have a good one.

pete@alpsun.com
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
easiski, there's a Darren Turner mentioned on www.serrechevalier.org who is starting a new ski school (Insight) in Serre Che.
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Helen Beaumont, That's Davina's brother, brilliant skier and nice guy. Very Happy
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
I can also second, or should that be "third" Yen-Yves as a very good guide. But do you want to hire a guide or join a guided group?
latest report
Hello all again,

Sorry for not replying earlier but you know how it is over xmas.

Anyway, thanks to you all for such a warm welcome and a solid response.

In summary: a guide who knows the mountain AND the local watering holes is a hero and must be worth considereing. There's certainly a few names to follow up and I'll try to do just that. The problem is that a lot of the people in my party underestimate their ability or overestimate what riding off piste is about and they seem to be fearing for their life. I've assured them that we don't have to do cliff jumps or stupidly steep and narrow runs. But, they seem to be backing down now that I've suggested this.
Does anyone have any experience of off-pisteing in SC? I'm assuming that it's only as extreme as you ask your guide to make it, is this a reasonable assumption?

Does anyone know how to make it snow in SC? If not can you find out before the end of February?

Thanks again
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy