Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

La Plagne 19/12

Poster: A snowHead
As a few of you may have read in other threads, my brothers are in La Plagne (I'm joining them on Wednesday)

According to the la plagne website, it reckons at 2000m they've had 23cm on Friday and 16cm on Saturday.
Spoke to my bro yesterday and his exact words were "It's freezing cold here, and there's loads of snow. Most of the resort should be open by midweek". This was about 2pm yesterday b4 most of yesterdays snow had fallen.

Had a text message from him this morning and he said it was absolutely lashing it down with snow.

Just thought I'd pass this info on as anyone going La Plagne or Les Arcs over the xmas period should find it heartwarming Wink
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Very Happy Off to Les Arcs on Tuesday...
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Enjoy it, I certainly will Very Happy
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Charlatanefc, have a good one. Here's all the gen for others La Plagne Scroll down for very full details of the lifts and runs.

The overall summary (not on that link) gives 31% of the resort open but once the avalanche risk eases I'd guess they'll quickly push that to 50% or more.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Charlatanefc, Jan 2nd Plagne 1800 Very Happy snowHead Ta v much. Please pass on any further updates you have
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
We're off to la Plagne tomorrow. Does anyone know if we need photos for lift passes or do they have electronic passes now?
Mike
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
MikeM, Ah that reminds me...........I was supposed to ask the same question Embarassed
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
MikeM, for a week? Think so, electronic or not. For the electronic version they just scan a photo on to the pass.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
PG, yes and getting into the mood, just finished packing - 4.30 am start but what the hell, it's snowing!
Thanks for the info looks like I'll have to dig some photos out.
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Kuwait Ian

Thanks matey, looks like theres gonna be a hell of a lot more open, looks like a lot of the high altitude slopes are still shut tho, to do with avalanche danger I would presume

Frosty The Snowman

Will try and get on here from the Internet in the hotel Cristina while we're there and let yer know how it's going

MikeM

If yer in Plagne Centre one night and fancy a beer, we will be the drunken scousers in the Luna Bar Wink
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Charlatanefc, Hope so... have a great time at the christina. Stayed there once, misjudged the corner and hit the bottom step of the few steps up to the hotel and fell into the lobby. Proper ski in/out
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Charlatanefc, as a longterm La Plagne fan, yours is great news. I wish you a great time. I will be out there in Belle Plagne the end of January, so all this snow is welcome as a good base for then. What a change from just a week ago.
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Frosty Not actually staying in the Cristina this time, our mate used to run it so we know a few of the staff, so we'll just be going up there for a beer or two. We're staying in the La France in a few private appts we've hired. LOL about the lobby. My brother has slept on the mat in there, absolutely smashed Wink

Jonpim Cheers our kid Wink This will be my 4th time skiing, and my 4th in La Plagne! We are also going to Belle Plagne in March, staying in Les Constellations (we got a stupidly cheap deal at the ski show thru Erna Low). Know what yer mean, seen the reports of 10cm in the village last Thursday and was a wee bit worried to say the least. Now it seems to be getting on for 2 1/2 feet Laughing
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
We were up on the Bellecote glacier last Friday 17th, with a few snowheads, it was one of the worst experiences I can remember, very cold, windy and tipping down with snow. THe resort had been green up until then, I asked a piteur where the best sking was and was told nowhere the snow is s--- everwhere. It'll be difeerent for anyone out this week or next, over the weekend it snowed down to 400 metres, as far as Albertville according our guests who arrived on Sunday and there's ore forecast for Weds/Thurs.
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
David@traxvax, How is La Rosiere looking after the snowfall?. Web say the link is still closed to Italy
ski holidays
David has posted under Snow Reports - La Rosiere
latest report
Pete Horn, Tha will teach me to clear out my cookies, history etc Embarassed
snow report
Well, got back late Thursday night. Had a fantastic time. Snow was a bit patchy towards the middle of the week, but 3 days snow soon seen things right again.

Just about covered the whole area this time, went down to Montalbert, Les Coches a few times, also did the Glacier, and all the blues around the Roche Di Mio. Went over to Les Arcs on the Paradiski cable car last Sunday, that was absolutely fantastic. Some of the motorway reds and blues over in Les Arcs are superb. Also found a nice English owned bar/restaurant called Le Mont Blanc in Vallandry that did a corker of a cooked English Breakfast Wink

Am now confident on Reds, and had an hour lesson and learnt how to carve. All in all, an excellent week, only low point was the weather the day we were coming home. Attached is a photo of me (the weight challenged one on the right) Wink, my brother Tony on the left, and my pal Shaun who came skiing for the 1st time with us and loved it, on top of the Grand Rochette on Thursday lunchtime, it was bloody scorching up there.
ski holidays
Just got back 10 mins ago. fantastic week, fantastic weather, but tooooo warm for any that are going this week. Aanything with a slope is in a pretty desperate condition. Soooooooooo glad I hired skis
ski holidays
Glad you had a great time Frosty!

Just created a Photo Gallery for our groups last 2 journeys to La Plagne if anyone fancies a look!

HERE!!!
ski holidays
Charlatanefc, like the photos, takes me back ahhhh. Hope you kept yr room tidy in La France, some were a right mess. Love the chair that virtually passes through some of the end rooms, great for room/people watching
ski holidays
We had a couple of cracking rooms in the Le France, hired with Alp Agence thru the net. Got a cracking deal with Erna Low for March in Les Constellations in Belle Plagne, £288 a week for a room that sleeps 4!!! It's in the brochure at about £520 a week!
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy