Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

What's your favourite ski experience?

What's your favourite skiing experience?
Empty just groomed blues
21%
 21%  [ 19 ]
Big soft bumps
6%
 6%  [ 6 ]
Steeps, the steeper the better
12%
 12%  [ 11 ]
Lunch already? I'll have the Tartiflette and a bottle of Gamay thanks
1%
 1%  [ 1 ]
Powder so deep you'll need a snorkel
22%
 22%  [ 20 ]
Gentle green back to the village
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Beer
3%
 3%  [ 3 ]
Taking off your boots
3%
 3%  [ 3 ]
Reds with an inch of new snow
29%
 29%  [ 26 ]
Voted : 81
Total Votes : 89

Poster: A snowHead
Just curious!
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
And curiously the poll didn't work. I just voted. It says 'Voted : 1' 'Total Votes' : 0 and all the percentages are 0%

Any chance of fixing the polls, Admin? Not the first time they've gone slightly awry. Won't let me vote again so the first attempt was accepted but processed wrongly. Cheers.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
kuwait_ian, Same for me.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
kuwait_ian, I like your tagline...so true!
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
David Murdoch, don't use it so often these days. Glad you liked it.
The Poll's seriously wonky. Apparently 4 votes cast but only 1 showing a result. I don't mind saying I voted for the first option - although I'd have picked a few more if it had been a multiple choice. wink
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
David, but there are so many options you haven't given also - and you know how forum users are a fussy lot wink
I think I love it all... am feeling snowsick... want to be out there on the snow...
freshly groomed red (with no sneaky ice underneath) with the slope easing to a blue where it hasn't been groomed for a bit of powder that I'm not constantly falling in - although a little bit is quite fun when its all soft and cushiony! Followed by an alcoholic hot chocolate and then back on the lifts to get some more snow! (oh and preferably an almost deserted resort!)
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
I hope there are some UN observers monitoring this poll!
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
I hear there's a dose of Dioxin on the way for Admin. wink
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
It hasn't recorded my vote either!

Sad
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
What was it about dangling chads ??
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
I thought I had captured some of the most common things, but I guess it's one of those topics that is too hard to quantise (?).

Apart from big slushy bumps I love riding a chair out of cloud into a deep blue sky with ice crystals sparkling in the air and a couple of feet of Utah-style powder awaiting me at the top.

Sorry, got all lyrical and couldn't see how to get that into a poll!

My apologies for the poll not working but I don't think it's my fault. For once.
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Quote:

freshly groomed red (with no sneaky ice underneath) with the slope easing to a blue where it hasn't been groomed for a bit of powder that I'm not constantly falling in - although a little bit is quite fun when its all soft and cushiony! Followed by an alcoholic hot chocolate and then back on the lifts to get some more snow! (oh and preferably an almost deserted resort!)

mountain mad, Just about defines perfection, oh and dont forget the bit at the bottom of the run where Sharon Stone crashes into you from behind, and as an apology invites you round for home made tartiflette and a full massage just to ease the bruising from the crash. Her luxury chalet is of course ski in ski out and her butler service your skis whilst you service.....................no no no, dont you just hate it when you wake up before the end of the dream
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
i went for the steeper the better, it hasnt recorded my vote tho Sad
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Frosty the Snowman, Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Frosty the Snowman, You've been stealing my dreams again wink
snow report
Ah. Looks as thought the votes are now being recognised.. I voted for powder - glad to see others there too. But FWIW, I love blasting on a wide open (and unpopulated) blue as well snowHead
snow report
mountain mad wrote:

This gets my vote too, I'm getting all misty eyed just thinking about it! snowHead
ski holidays
It seems to have recoreded a vote for me. Pow, thanks!
ski holidays
Landing your first sweet 180 on a board or ski's
The first day of the season Twisted Evil ssh,
snow report
Waking at 0630 to a clear blue sky and a chorus of muffled rumbles as dynamite is exploded in deep powder on the peaks nearby. snowHead snowHead snowHead
ski holidays
I like gladed runs the best (mucking about in the woods) - it's like doing a slalom course and skier-cross course in one. snowHead
snow report
I wish to annouce I have no further use for work and this poll has just pushed me over the edge. That and the clear blue skies over untouched snow at Kitzbuhel. I'm a skier, get me out of here!
snow report
Voting worked for me too.

If had been offered, I would have voted for:

The click-clack sound when you bind your boots for the first run of the season.

Unfortunately I won't hear that sound for another week Confused
snow conditions
Chris Bish, Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Me to, ah we can but dream
ski holidays
Frosty the Snowman, I've been counting the days since it was over 100. As it is now down to fewer than 100 hours, why do they last as long as days did previously? 63 hours should see me with my skis on.........
snow conditions
The first run of the year - doesn't matter what it is. Adjusting the goggles, flexing in the boots, putting in a few more turns than necessary to check you can still do it, taking some deep breaths of clean air and looking up at that sky. All the hassle of getting there, the crap transfer and the domestic concerns slip away....
snow conditions
Chris Bish, 12 days 18hrs to take off. Subscribed to snow forecast.com, 6 of my "favourites" web pages are La Plagne resort and weather related, check in every 30 mins to see whats new, got in 1 am Saturday after a night out and switched on the PC, hopefully Xmas and the kids will take my mind off it BTW you timed it perfectly, 63 hrs should see the resorts fully open. A bit more snow forecast for xmas and boxing day just to freshen it up for our group on 2nd jan Madeye-Smiley snowHead
latest report
brendangibson wrote:

If had been offered, I would have voted for:

The click-clack sound when you bind your boots for the first run of the season.

On a similar note I'd add the feeling of anticipation as you're riding the lift up looking down at the slopes you're about to ski.

Or, being out on a glacier in Autumn seeing (hopefully) the snow accumulating on the mountains with the whole season stretched out in front of you.
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Right Right, STOP THIS RIGHT NOW................. Too many people have come up with too many wonderful favourites. The
Quote:

anticipation as you're riding the lift up looking down at the slopes

was simply the final straw. One more similar suggestion and I night well spotaneously combust. Please please my engines canna take any more Jim
ski holidays
As a specific moment I'll add a few weeks back at Tignes, stepping of the funi' with a new pair of skis in my hand to see snow and sunshine and the random play on my iPod just picking that moment to start kicking out "God is a DJ" by Faithless ........

This is my church
This is where I heal my hurts
This is my church
This is my church

It’s a natural grace
Of watching young life shape
It’s in minor keys
Solutions and remedies
Enemies becoming friends
When bitterness ends

excellent timing Very Happy
snow report
This is all getting a touch onanistic!

Frosty, I hope you like La Plagne. Jon and I spent some of a day there when we were at Les Arcs last Easter - we took the trip on the Paradiski cable car. We both found it a bit too blue-cruisy for our liking, but then we didn't see much of it. I'm told there is plenty for all to enjoy when yopu get into it.

The problem is that the link via Paradiski is down at 1400 and you seem to spend an age on dull blues to get up to any decent snow.

I know that Jonpim and Kuwait Ian like the place. I'll be interested to see what you think.

Meanwhile back to the self indulgence.... I'll do emerging from the big gondola and stepping out of the lift staion to the sight of miles and miles of people enjoying themselves....
ski holidays
Frosty the Snowman, Ms Stone did that to me last year, the wench. "You were the uphill skier", I told her, but she wouldn't have it. Still, her tartiflette wasn't bad. I don't know what "tartiflette" is but it sounds like fun.
ski holidays
hyweljenkins, When she did it to me she accused me of being an Uphill Gardener. I'm hoping she will be there again this year wink tartiflette is a local luchtime fodder, delish. It has been covered in other threads, perhaps not as exciting as you thought,i suspect,

Last edited by Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see? on Mon 20-12-04 16:31; edited 1 time in total
snow report
jc, welcome to snowHeads. You gonna share some bread and wine with us? wink

It's definitely clicking into your bindings for the first time of the season, taking that first lift up, and then standing at the top of your first run, taking in the view, the taste of the air and sensing the rising anticipation of the first slide of the year.
snow conditions
Making the first tracks * down a steep slope, when I'm skiing exactly right and it seems effortless: not a human being or ski lift in sight (well, OK, 2 or 3 friends behind, plus our guide, who has brought us to this new slope) with prospects of a long descent, perhaps ending with some tree skiing further down. Oh and new powder all the way would be very nice, of course, thank you.

* I'd allow a few chamoix tracks perhaps

Last edited by Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do. on Mon 20-12-04 23:43; edited 1 time in total
ski holidays
The first morning, up early for breakfast to make sure you make the 1st lift. The thing that does it for me, the thing that triggers my brain into realising i'm on holiday though is the taste of the sun block on my lips. Weird I know.
snow report
Well, I was torn between the powder and taking off my boots!

but seriously my best ever,ever,ever,ever was one descent on the back of the Mannlichen back in about '73. Early morning, (we went up with the workers before the lifts actually opened) 2 feet of the lightest powder ever. So light that you couldn't feel it, so light that you nearly drowned because it got in your lungs, so light that you were ski-ing in your own halo of snow crytals bouncing the sun around. The only time in a lifetime of ski-ing I've ever skied totally weightless powder. This is so rare in Europe that you never forget it - I have a friend born here in LDA who also skied it only once in her lifetime (so far). Maybe ssh sees it more often..... snowHead Crying or Very sad snowHead Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad snowHead
snow report
So we all seem to agree, snow and somthing to slide down the hill on and we're all as happy as pigs in muck ? Very Happy After that it's just icing on the cake.
latest report
I quite like the bit when you're on the coach, and you cross the snowline, and you've still got a further 2 hours until you get to the resort, and then the coach has to pull over to put on some snowchains, and...
ski holidays
I couldn't decide, so I voted for them all.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy