Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

stuff falling from sky.....

Poster: A snowHead
No snow on the Cheviots yet....but the clouds have started to roll in this afternoon.
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
There are great big lumps of wet white stuff falling from the sky in Bourg St M which means lots of nice dry powder 2,000 feet higher up in Les Arcs! Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Snowing here again Happy

... in fact I should go home before it gets too bad.....
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
PG, Is the weather usually the same in La Plagne..................please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please snowHead snowHead snowHead snowHead snowHead snowHead snowHead snowHead
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Phone call just received from Courchevel - plenty of snow falling snowHead snowHead snowHead
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Frosty the Snowman, It's snowing in Les Arcs, it's snowing in Courchevel, and the way it's coming down at the moment you'd be very unlucky indeed if it wasn't snowing between the two in La Plagne as well! Very Happy snowHead
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Hooray - it's snowing almost everywhere - here too. Laughing Laughing Laughing Cool
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Quote:
It doesn't appear to be falling yet in Zermatt. Their live webcam seems to show a very dry town centre!

That was last night........

Its snowing now!!!! The cam is updated EVERY ten minutes.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
We're in a fairly major storm here, more weather than we've had for a few weeks actually. The weekend may be pretty nice.
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Quote:

We're in a fairly major storm here, more weather than we've had for a few weeks actually. The weekend may be pretty nice.

Any chance of popping out with the camera???
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Another good live cam from Zermatt
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
If it's snowing in Les Arc and La Plagne, any joy over the valley in La Ros?
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
The web cam's blurry but it's a damm sight whiter than it's been this week. I'd stiil hire rather than ride my own 'cos it's going to take a lot more to make the piste rock free. Have fun Mark Little Angel
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
no_snow_in_swindon wrote:
Quote:

Any chance of popping out with the camera???

It's dark and no matter how much you ask you're not coming skiing in my garden (which is flat apart from a little bit round the boundary) Very Happy

Besides, it's warm in here, we've a bottle of wine open, I just had some cheese& biscuits, we've the fire going and I'm thinking of having a grappa Very Happy
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
7C and a bitter north wind here today. Out on the mountain bike yesterday was a chilly, dribbly-nosed experience. And we had 25mm of rain last Wednesday. OK it's not snow, but it's as bad as it gets.
Real reason for this post - another weather forecasting service for Skanky's collection. www.accuweather.com
Can give you hourly forecasts including wind roses and type/chance/amount of precipitation. Give it a try on a location near you and see how accurate (or otherwise) it is. The home page is USA oriented but find the world forecasts link underneath '15 day forecasts' and then it opens up to a vast range of locations. Predicting 1-3" for the 3 Valleys tonight.

Last edited by Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name: on Sat 18-12-04 9:10; edited 3 times in total
snow conditions
So will there be enough snow in Ros to open this weekend - will M. Arpin be dusting off the snowplough yet?
ski holidays
nice Very Happy woke up this morning and it's all gone white... just got to throuw the stuff in the car, go to +"*çing Ikea and then ski....
latest report
morning ise, don't use the Brent Cross Ikea, the queues on the A406 were horrendous the other day!!!

Any idea on the amount of snow, is it still snowing, the forecast is for more in your area today, would that look likely?
snow report
ditto Croydon Ikea - much rather come to yours - I just get to go to Sainsburys after!
snow report
Some in the alps, with more posts than an xmas letterbox, are very quiet this morning. Wonder if they've gone skiing Very Happy snowHead
latest report
Well I'm in the valley between Les Arcs and La Plagne and it's been snowing for 24 hours now and it's still snowing. Heard a few avalanche canons this morning too.

We've had about 10-15cm of snow overnight. We're at 1450m height.

Meg Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
snow report
chaletarc, thanks for that. Good news. And Frosty the Snowman, PG's probably up in V d'I doing his VIP reporting bit for the Ladies Downhill - he was on earlier.
snow report
chaletarc, just looked at yr site....GREAT photos. kuwait_ian, I was kinda hoping they were all skiing wink
ski holidays
Chaletarc, Nice One! Very Happy My two brothers have gone to La Plagne this morning (7am flight from Liverpool), and there's another 5 of us going on Wednesday night. COME ON!!
ski holidays
White out in Courchevel today!
latest report
Well, my brother rang me at 7pm tonight, and said "THERE IS PLENTY OF SNOW HERE!!!!" Smile They reckon most of the resorts runs will be open by the middle of the week Very Happy
latest report
more snow falling in Zermatt tonight

snow report
click to see high res imageAnd it's still coming down...

Just a few tourists up at Les Arcs today, looks like those who took a chance and picked this week have timed it just right! Sunshine forecast from tomorrow, and staying very cold. Perfect!
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Very Happy !
snow conditions
It's dumping in Nancroix!!!

I have a dilema. A number guests arriving tomorrow. Have just sent them Emails telling them it really is best to arrive before the lifts open or after they've shut. Can only get in during lift opening hours by VERY special arrangement.

I will be going nuts on the phone tonight trying to get concrete times off them all.

Hey - No friends on a powder day!!!

Meg Toofy Grin
snow conditions
Ray Zorro wrote:
morning ise, don't use the Brent Cross Ikea, the queues on the A406 were horrendous the other day!!!

Any idea on the amount of snow, is it still snowing, the forecast is for more in your area today, would that look likely?

The one near Geneva is actually way more handy Very Happy Not sure how it looks round here, we've been in Morillon for the weekend.
snow conditions
ise, I didn't realise there was an Ikea near Geneva: where is it? I need to buy a little bit of shelving and Ikea has stuff which is suitable. Is the Ikea store easy to get to on the route from Geneva Airport to the A40?
ski holidays
Actually it's nearer Aubonne but I presumed no one would know where that was, it's in the Littoral centre and easily visible from the Autoroute. Bit of a detour for you though I'd think, Aubonne is 40km from GVA and in the direction of Lausanne. We use Conforma for cheap furniture for apartments, it was just there was a particular kitchen thing Mrs Ise thought would be good from Ikea, she's right it's one of the better Ikea items.
snow report
OK, thanks. Not quite so convenient, especially as I only want to buy cheap pine shelving (the Ivar range) to put into our storage room. Perhaps I'll look for another supplier.
snow conditions
I'm sure PG can suggest someone local. There's a few DIY stores at Chambery, if you fly to Lyon there's an Ikea there of course.
ski holidays
Pine shelving board is cheapest at Albertville's La Boite a Outils, good quality construct boards in different widths. Can't remember which exit but its right next to the Geant sm and the suspended junction bridge.
snow report
It's snowing across the water from me! Picture from yesterday morning...

View towards Dunoon

(sorry for the funny vertical marks - it was a photostitch of six pictures).
snow conditions
My impression from the Grand Massif this weekend and talking to some people in the office who skiied in CH this weekend is that conditions now look pretty good for anyone sking over the Xmas break. There's been some pretty good snow falls and there's now a halfway reasonable base, if the tempeartures stay low and we get some more snow, both of which are forecast, then I'm expecting a good holiday break. With luck the earlier poor outlook will reduce numbers slightly as well.
latest report
Oooo, it just started skiing in the Pennines. Well about half an hour ago really. snowHead
ski holidays
Just had several hours of heavy wet snow here in the Yorkshire Dales. Met Office radar indicates that at least some of that has passed across the northern edge of the lake District.
Glenridding Webcam confrms snow cover down to about 500 feet.

There is therefore a prospect of skiing tommorrow on Raise in the Lake District so I think I'll take the day off. Could be day 2 of the English ski season and I don't want to miss it this time !

I'll report back if there is any action.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy